am i just being a moaning mum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you trying to belittle me??? i just thought it was getting a little out of hand which is MY OPINION.

I wasn't being offensive in fact i was just trying to stop an argument before it happens. Before you say anything I know I'm not a moderator just trying to make this thread more welcoming for other people to join in.

Just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you should go around picking on people!!!!!!
The Mods are the ones who stop arguments, not that we get that many...
Not once did I say you were being offensive, I just asked you for your opinion on the question that this whole thread is about...

I do not belittle people... infact it may be a good job that I am a moderator as I tend to hold back moreso now than I did before I was a moderator... thank the lord in some cases :wink2:

yes the schools job to teach them to learn,-- Maths, English, Science etc its not their job to teach them their social graces parents ahve to take some responsibility for their children. im sure yourdaughter knows not to do this in a different place but let her have some fun while shes young it wont do her any harm.

The Mods are the ones who stop arguments, not that we get that many...
Not once did I say you were being offensive, I just asked you for your opinion on the question that this whole thread is about...

I do not belittle people... infact it may be a good job that I am a moderator as I tend to hold back moreso now than I did before I was a moderator... thank the lord in some cases :wink2:
you must be really hard

well what do we send are kids to school for if its not to learn

I think that you are taking this a bit too far now. No doubt your child is taught manners and how to behave by you, after all this is why you were concerned in the first place. Do you honestly believe that being allowed to eat outside at school for a treat will make her want to eat off of the floor from now on??

yes i agree it wouldn't do her any harm which i have stated in a previous reply.yes i did overreact at the time now iv had time to think about and read some replys to the thread it did make me see it from a diffrent veiw.but i asked if i was a moaning mum not a bad mum as people are trying to say "i sit my kids on the floor at home"or i carn't teach my child right from wrong.

I think that you are taking this a bit too far now. No doubt your child is taught manners and how to behave by you, after all this is why you were concerned in the first place. Do you honestly believe that being allowed to eat outside at school for a treat will make her want to eat off of the floor from now on??
no i dont but i when i was told i was concerd but like i have said after reading some of the replys it made me see it from a diffrent side

yes i agree it wouldn't do her any harm which i have stated in a previous reply.yes i did overreact at the time now iv had time to think about and read some replys to the thread it did make me see it from a diffrent veiw.but i asked if i was a moaning mum not a bad mum as people are trying to say "i sit my kids on the floor at home"or i carn't teach my child right from wrong.

I think you need to adjust your screen settings, as I cant see any posts accusing you of being a bad mother!!! LMAO!

Pllleeeeaaase! :rolleyes:

Oh for gods sake woman get a grip. its not gonna make them eat off the blooming floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You asked for opinions, dont be offended when you get them.
im not offened but it's going off the point and questioning what happens at home.i do teach my children manners and dont make them sit on floors at home.thats all im trying to get across the thread was started about school playground

In New Zealand our kids always eat outside unless it's raining, this is from the first day of school right through to when they leave in high school. It has been like this for years, I used to eat my food outside, never affected me, I still have manners etc, never got sick from eating while sitting on the ground. Schools are to teach our children an education not to teach our kids to be people, that is our job as a parent. I find it offensive when a parent turns around and blames the school for their childs lack of manners etc. It happens far to often in schools down here. Teachers are paid to teach maths, english, science etc, not to parent our children. It's about time more parents took responsiblity for their own children and not leave it up to the schools.

If my kids want to sit on the floor at home, fine, but when eating we always sit at the table unless it's a snack like an apple or something, but they are always sitting when eating whether it's at the table or on the floor.

Now I'm not saying that you are a bad mum or anything, just giving you some background on what hapens here in NZ and that there is nothing wrong with sitting on the ground and it will not teach her to sit on the ground in a restaurant etc. Just my two cents worth.

shes making out that if she wasnt a mod she would give me a hard time and that i should ne scared of her.

"I do not belittle people... infact it may be a good job that I am a moderator as I tend to hold back moreso now than I did before I was a moderator... thank the lord in some cases :wink2:"

For petes sake big miss nails was only concerned about her daughter where is the crime. ..i told the teacher that from now on i want my daughter to eat in the hall as i didnt think sat on a playground floor was very nice and for hygine reasons.now i feel like im a moaning mum!what do you guys think?

where does that mention about her daughter wanting to eat off the floor all the time. She was just concerned about hygine which is a reasonable concern

shes making out that if she wasnt a mod she would give me a hard time and that i should ne scared of her.

"I do not belittle people... infact it may be a good job that I am a moderator as I tend to hold back moreso now than I did before I was a moderator... thank the lord in some cases :wink2:"

I think that you totally misunderstood Sandi. She was actually saying that in the past perhaps there were times when she should have held back a little more and that she is now more thoughful with her replies.

yes she's supervised by the dinner lady but to be honest i think the kids supervise her!if their was grass or tables i wouldnt mind but sat on the floor.what would people think in years to come when my daughter just sits on the floor and starts eating imagine if it it's a busy street
Natzdanutta this is what people are taking about hun x

well if we are on about playgrounds...........:rolleyes:
yes feels like Im in one now. see the problem with me is that i dont let ppl walk over me and talk to me like pooh at the bottom of a shoe! and will not be littled!!! all i said was i thought it was getting out of hand and now all this because i spoke up for bigmissnails!!!
the cheek!!

claire has posted a thread we have all given her our opinions, which she has taken admirably..:hug: no one has belittled her, she hasnt stormed off in a sulk and now its turned into somethings its not by you..... natzdanutter, sorry but your causing the big stir now

i think this thread has totally gone off the point now and it's starting to get personal to people so perhaps we should leave it now...i didn't post the thread to cause trouble i did it as a concered parent but from now on i know not to.we all have diffrent ideas of parenting whether we have kids or not.but when it gets personal and starts offending other people reading i do think thats when its time to stop...

yes feels like Im in one now. see the problem with me is that i dont let ppl walk over me and talk to me like pooh at the bottom of a shoe! and will not be littled!!! all i said was i thought it was getting out of hand and now all this because i spoke up for bigmissnails!!!
the cheek!!
i think its the way you word things, i like to stick up for my self as well but i dont like rudeness and thats the way you come over.

For petes sake big miss nails was only concerned about her daughter where is the crime. ..i told the teacher that from now on i want my daughter to eat in the hall as i didnt think sat on a playground floor was very nice and for hygine reasons.now i feel like im a moaning mum!what do you guys think?

where does that mention about her daughter wanting to eat off the floor all the time. She was just concerned about hygine which is a reasonable concern

I haven't read anything that comes across that way maybe you have
mis read in the heat of the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back