am i just being a moaning mum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big miss nails

Reaction score
hello everyone my daughter come home yesterday saying that she's been sat on the playground eating her pack lunch.i wasn't to impressed by this so today when i picked my daughter up i had a word with the teacher about it.(i did think my daughter was telling porkie pies!)but the teacher said ooh yes we allow children to sit in the playground to eat their lunch.i was gob smacked i could understand if they were out on a day trip but not at school thats what the hall is there for..i told the teacher that from now on i want my daughter to eat in the hall as i didnt think sat on a playground floor was very nice and for hygine reasons.now i feel like im a moaning mum!what do you guys think?

well I always wanted to be a packed luncher when I was a child so I COULD sit outside and eat. I don't see it being any different to going on a picnic TBH.

my daughter eats her packed lunch outside if the weather is ok. i dont have a problem with it. the children are supervised at all times and they enjoy it.
what i would say is be careful if you insist that your child must eat in the hall. other children may tease/ be hurtfull to your child and she will wonder why she is not allowed with her friends. jmo xx

In my honest opinion, I think it's fine.

One school I went to had ice cream vans that would pull up at lunchtime for the hour then go again - we could eat in the canteen or eat around the grounds.

Eating outside was great, especially in summer.

School canteens can be gross!!! :eek:

My girls used to have there lunch outside in the boiling sunshine no shade sat on the playground soon stopped when parents complained. Don't have a problem if supervised and not sat in the sun.

My kids think that it is a real treat when they get to eat outside at school. I think it is good for them to get to do something special.

i think my main thought was becouse she was sat on the playground floor where kids have spat and walked with dog poo on their shoes then my daughter has to sit on the floor to eat her dinner.i wouldnt mind if their was benches to sit on.

But to be honest so many places are like this and there isn't anything that can be done. Do they have 'carpet time' when they all sit and listen to a story? Surely this is no different, all the children have walked over it time and time again with dirty shoes, at least outside the rain keeps coming and rinsing it off!!

I'd rather mine were outside in the fresh air if nice.

I personally feel that the playground floor is innapropriate. If they want to let kids eat outside, provide picnic tables.

Yes, the occasional 'picnic' is nice, however it hosts all kinds of problems.

For one thing, my children are NOT allowed to eat anything unless it's at the kitchen table. Not their snacks, NOTHING. No beverages in the tv room, etc.
Playgrounds are dirty. Kids mess'em up during school hours. And later, older kids go out there and drink and litter with bottles. Dog walkers leave their 'mess' behind, etc.
Not only is it not hygeinic.. but I'm sorry, I dont send my daughter to school in messy play clothes. I send her in nice clothes. I dont want them ruined or stained, thanks very much. Teachers aren't going to check if the kids are sitting in dirt, they're not going to check if a child just stuck her hand in the sandbox and then proceeded to eat her sandwhich (cats go in sandboxes, it's cat litter heaven)

Nope, I would have had a word with the teacher as well.
My children eat at the TABLE. That's what it's there for, and that's what some of my tax dollars pay for in the schools - the tables.

One time my mother let my daughter eat a chocolate popsicle while roaming. For a while after that, she nagged me to let her do the same. It drove me nuts! Also, she stained my mother's carpet (and my mum gave ME grief:rolleyes: ).
I instill good habits in my kids and don't want them broken.

It's not to say picnics aren't a nice treat.. but if the school is doing this frequently? Ummm nope, I wouldn't stand for it.

Be careful that you don't end up alienating your daughter from her friends by asking the teacher to ensure she has her lunch in the hall when/if her friends are all outside...

When my children went to primary/junior school they were allowed to go over to the playing field to eat their lunch in the summer, always supervised, they loved it... it's something different to the norm...

My advice... let it be :hug:

I personally feel that the playground floor is innapropriate. If they want to let kids eat outside, provide picnic tables.

Yes, the occasional 'picnic' is nice, however it hosts all kinds of problems.

For one thing, my children are NOT allowed to eat anything unless it's at the kitchen table. Not their snacks, NOTHING. No beverages in the tv room, etc.
Playgrounds are dirty. Kids mess'em up during school hours. And later, older kids go out there and drink and litter with bottles. Dog walkers leave their 'mess' behind, etc.
Not only is it not hygeinic.. but I'm sorry, I dont send my daughter to school in messy play clothes. I send her in nice clothes. I dont want them ruined or stained, thanks very much. Teachers aren't going to check if the kids are sitting in dirt, they're not going to check if a child just stuck her hand in the sandbox and then proceeded to eat her sandwhich (cats go in sandboxes, it's cat litter heaven)

Nope, I would have had a word with the teacher as well.
My children eat at the TABLE. That's what it's there for, and that's what some of my tax dollars pay for in the schools - the tables.

One time my mother let my daughter eat a chocolate popsicle while roaming. For a while after that, she nagged me to let her do the same. It drove me nuts! Also, she stained my mother's carpet (and my mum gave ME grief:rolleyes: ).
I instill good habits in my kids and don't want them broken.

It's not to say picnics aren't a nice treat.. but if the school is doing this frequently? Ummm nope, I wouldn't stand for it.
i agree that the schools shouls have seating area for the kids to sit at

Be careful that you don't end up alienating your daughter from her friends by asking the teacher to ensure she has her lunch in the hall when/if her friends are all outside...

When my children went to primary/junior school they were allowed to go over to the playing field to eat their lunch in the summer, always supervised, they loved it... it's something different to the norm...

My advice... let it be :hug:
most of my daughters freinds are hot dinner so they have to eat inside

Victoria can I ask if your children wear a school uniform. My children do, and as they are children I expect them to come home from school with dirty clothes and I don't mind one bit.

Victoria can I ask if your children wear a school uniform. My children do, and as they are children I expect them to come home from school with dirty clothes and I don't mind one bit.

Nope, no uniforms. Around here- my lil town - the public schools don't use uniforms. Only in private schools (which are far too costly).

Dont get me wrong.. I dont mind a picnic OCCASIONALLY as a treat.. but if it's a regular thing... Nope.. I want my daughter at a table.
And I do keep playtime in mind when I dress her, BUT there are 'school' clothes and 'play' clothes. Her school clothes are nicer, obviously.. would like them to stay that way as long as possible.

PS: especially since her clothes get handed down to her baby sister... would like them to stay nice as long as possible. Not always possible, but we try.

ok probally going to annoy peeps with my answer....

but i think that this is the type of thing that is wrong everywhere.. kids are kids wheather they are eating food at a table or on the floor..

the kids at my sons school sit or stand on tables in the playground and jump off them..
no matter where your kids are they will come into contact with germs ect..

we should just let our kids be kids.. get dirty eat of the floor (not litually) they are young and should be treated as such.

we all moan that kids grow up too quick but its us that do it too them not them... they get it from us lets teach our kids to play and have fun. not worry and stress about what could be when the chances are it never will..

I think that school uniforms are a godsend, and they are quite reasonably priced. It makes it more bearable when they come home covered in paint!!

I don't have children but remember when i was at primary school we were allowed to eat our packed lunchs on the grass if we wanted to (summertime only) also there would be a teacher sat with us to make sure we didn't start messing about !

Was your daughter supervised ?

I think that school uniforms are a godsend, and they are quite reasonably priced. It makes it more bearable when they come home covered in paint!!
yes school clothes are good but it can become costly when you'v got more than one kid.and you also need to buy clothes for kids to wear at home

yes school clothes are good but it can become costly when you'v got more than one kid.and you also need to buy clothes for kids to wear at home

I have 4 children, so you don't need to tell me that!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back