An Egyptian name.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
.....Right i have taken the bull by the horns:eek: and am going self employed....only part time,i will be renting a room in a hair salon 2 days a week,whil i am at Grayshott Hall for 3 days a week.

The location is great....the clientele nearby are wealthy,i am not too far from University students either.....:idea:....

I am not too far from the room i will be working in,and the lady who owns the hairsalon has talked at great lengths with me at what i want to get out of this business venture.....I will be doing Academie....yes Academie for skincare....i know what you are all thinking,given previous history...:lol:,and will be doing just what i want to do,waxing,massage and once i qualify in it Reflexology,as well as CND for nail care.

My one problem...and a small one it is,i can not for the life of me think of a name for the business....those of you that know i have a fascination with egyptology.....i can bring some of this to enhance the room and make it my own.....but words forgo what i want to call it....and I DO NOT WANT Cleopatra for the name as some have suggested to me...LOL

If any of you have any ideas it would much be appreciated......i am not usually stumped at names like this....:rolleyes::green:

Gabi sings "walking like an egyptian:eek:"

Pyramid beauty
sands of time

just a suggestion but maybe luxor?

Sheikh it up ?! Ha Ha

Seriously I have no idea (yet) but I do think it would be good if there is some reference to beauty in whatever name you choose.

I will try and think of some :hug:

Anubis Beauty? Osiris Glamour?

How about 'Aanu'?

It's egyptian for beauty apparently and has a nice sound for a beauty salon as similar to 'a new'. (as in a new you etc).

how about Zodiac Beauty or Isis (fertiity goddess)

or Nefertiti's Beauty

Firstly,

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S G A B I !

Way to go girlfriend.

I am so bloody pleased for you, well done you.

I would be careful that the name you choose isn't too way out, as you don't want to spend most of your time telling people how to pronounce the name and then what it means.

I actually get put off my names that I don't know how to pronounce, so don't anilihate your clientele.

did i mention that I am really pleased for you.

I've got a story to tell about egypt!!!!

I've just googled Eyptian beauty salons and come up with

the Pharon
Hathor - Eyptian goddess of Beauty

Hello Gabi!

I will be booking in for one of your lovely facials :green:

I think Isis Beauty would be lovely and agree something too way out might not work too well.

Good luck sweetie :hug:

How about 'Aanu'?

It's egyptian for beauty apparently and has a nice sound for a beauty salon as similar to 'a new'. (as in a new you etc).

I think that this is an excellent suggestion as it certainly implies what the name says "a new" and when customers comment on the way in which it is written you will be able to explain where the name comes from and why you have chosen it. Plus as an added bonus it'll be one of the first in the phone directory.

I also like Isis Beauty as well as it has a lovely ring and is a familiar name.

anne xx

Last edited:
How about Oasis?
Good luck with your new venture! x x

I also agree that it should be something that almost everyone will find some sort of connotation with, even if it is only a word-connection.

I agree that Isis is a good bet and I also like Luxor very much - luxury / luxurious, etc.
(and it's one of my favourite places :hug:)

Are you any good at feet???? What about Cairo - practor?:lol::lol::lol:

Do you do Minx? What about Minxy Sphinx? :lol::lol::lol:

What about Yummy Mummies? :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, this is fun, sorry for hihacking with jokes! :hug:

"Banafrit Beauty" ....... Beautiful Soul .....:wink2:

Isis is very pretty, soft, delicate, feminine.

Goog luck girl - how exciting!!

x

Well.thank you for all your replies....so many names!:hug:

I really like Isis Beauty or Luxor....i think you are all right in saying not to have it too way out for people....but thanks again:hug:

Great to hear things are going well for you Gabi.
Did you know there's a haidresser in Southampton called Isis? I tried phoning them to see if they do beauty but they weren't answering the phone. It's just that you may not want to use a name that's already being used fairly locally to you.

Latest posts

Back