answerphone message

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodabubble

Reaction score
sorry mods if this is in the wrong place - I just thought as it gives an impression of your business I'd put it in here! :)

What do you have on your message? I was thinking 'Hi, you've reached Cupcakes tanning & nails, sorry I cannot answer your call right now, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can'

But the more I think about it, the more 'wrong' it sounds! I'm not sure if it would sound very pro from a clients point of view, so thought I'd ask what you geeks say! xx

How about:-

Hallo this is Cupcakes tanning and nails. I'm unable to take your call at the moment but if you would like to leave a message I will get back to you as soon as possible - thank you

Basically the same but a bit more formal - if thats what you were looking for:)

sorry mods if this is in the wrong place - I just thought as it gives an impression of your business I'd put it in here! :)

What do you have on your message? I was thinking 'Hi, you've reached Cupcakes tanning & nails, sorry I cannot answer your call right now, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can'

But the more I think about it, the more 'wrong' it sounds! I'm not sure if it would sound very pro from a clients point of view, so thought I'd ask what you geeks say! xx

How about "...., sorry I cannot answer your call right now as I am with a client, ....."

Trish :hug:

how about sarting with "welcome"

thanks people!

I feel so trivial fretting about this, but I don't want to give off the wrong impression, you know what some clients can be like! lol!

Said in a bright and breezy tone.

'Hello there. I'm sorry that I can't speak to you right now, but I'm in the middle of treatment. I check my voicemail regularly so just leave a message and your number and I'll get back to you. Thanks for calling'

this is by no means trivial this is the first impression of your salon and services so it has to be right i think you are very sensible wanting to get this perfect. good on you.

Thanks ever so much geeks! I am going to practise saying them all out loud! :)

and fanella - I am actually mobile, I dont have a salon, but the principle is still the same, right? :) xx

sorry Babe but yes its the principle. love to send you one of those smiley things but i'm a bit of a dinosaur and don't know much about all these techie things

bless you fanella, I just hope I can get it right xx :)

you're putting the effort in so you will its only the faint hearted that fail in this industry trust me i've watched so many come and go over the past 30 years. OMG where's my zimmer

thanks fanella :) sounds like your massive experience will be a huge benefit to baby geeks like me!

I say the usual greeting then "I cannot answer the phone right now as I may be with a client, please leave me a message and I will call you back as soon as I can" rather than "I am with a client" as if they call at 9pm I don't want them to think I work that late or if they call on a sunday I don't want them to think I work on a sunday! It may not make perfect literary sense but it gets the point across!

Just a thought I always add at the end of my message ' Please speak slowly and clearly after the tone' you would be amazed the difference this makes when clients leave their name and number. Before I added this I used to miss a few clients as some of them rush through so quick that I had to replay the massage so many times just to get the number, hope this helps.
Andi:)

My message is about the same...

"Hi, you have reached xxx xxx. We are unavailable at the moment as we may be with a client or on the other line. Please leave your name, phone number and a brief message and we will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you"

Do you have a website? Because if you do, you could do something like
"Hi, you've reached Cupcakes tanning & nails, sorry I cannot answer your call right now, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Or if you are wanting to enquire about prices or our services, you can go to www.mysite.com to find out more"

Anyone who wanted to get hold of you would still leave a message but if they are potential new clients who are just calling through the yellow pages trying to get an appointment, you might still get them (rather than them just calling the next place on their list)?

Do you have a website? Because if you do, you could do something like
"Hi, you've reached Cupcakes tanning & nails, sorry I cannot answer your call right now, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Or if you are wanting to enquire about prices or our services, you can go to www.mysite.com to find out more"

Anyone who wanted to get hold of you would still leave a message but if they are potential new clients who are just calling through the yellow pages trying to get an appointment, you might still get them (rather than them just calling the next place on their list)?

thanks for the tip!

Mine says "Thank you for calling ...... .............., for professional nails in acrylic or gel. Please leave your name and number, along with any message, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."hth xx

Latest posts

Back