Anybody got any good tips for around the home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
After reading the thread about the felt pen on the leather sofa and most geeks saying that hairspray would work, I decided to see if I could get out any other knowledge you all had on handy tips.:green:
I also remember reading about putting Vaseline in the shoes that are giving you blisters.

Here is a few more I have heard..

1.) If you have an oil stain on your clothing, rub flour into it before putting it into the wash.
2.) If you have new shoes that are slightly too tight, put a carrier bag in them, fill them with water and secure with knot. Then place both shoes in the freezer :eek: apparently as the water freezes it expands, thus stretching your shoes for you.

3.)Chewing gum on a garment?... apparently put it in the freezer.

I've only tried the shoes in freezer one, and it worked a bit!

Does anyone else have any tips on problems around the home?

lemon juice is great for cleaning glass, also for freshing up a microwave, cut a couple in half place in bowl of water and heat for a few mins..

errm baby oil.. is good for cleaning stainless steel.

cant think of any others right now...

to get rid of head lice .....
shave one half of the head, then set the other half on fire. When the lice run into the clearing, hit them on the head with a stick.

shave one half of the head, then set the other half on fire. When the lice run into the clearing, hit them on the head with a stick.

AAAh...just when I thought I had logged into Good Housekeeping.com....

You have saved the day.....LMAO!!!:lol:

PMSL sorry but THAT made me laugh.

right Tsia... mum always put vinegar through my hair as a kid for head lice... not sure if I had them or if it was preventative.... or it could have been that she liked the smell of the chip shop...

PMSL:lol:, you always make me laugh you nut!

If you put black pepper on the corners of your sofa it will stop your cat clawing and also lemon or orange slices in the place you don't want your cat/ kitten to go. They hate it and it will stop random cats pooing in your garden! Or get a beast of a dog like mine!!!:lol:

haha, I'll remember that one.:o

If you put black pepper on the corners of your sofa it will stop your cat clawing and also lemon or orange slices in the place you don't want your cat/ kitten to go. They hate it and it will stop random cats pooing in your garden! Or get a beast of a dog like mine!!!:lol:
Our front lawn is bigger than our back and cos the dogs are at the back, the neighbours cats poo all over the front. All the sprays havent worked.... so I may try this tip. Ali will come home and see big slices of lemon all over! :eek:
Hey, dya think just the juice would work or will that burn the grass?? :rolleyes:

Tsia this thread made me think of Take a Break magazine!!!

You can send all the tips in and get £50 for the ones they print!! :lol:

I'm more inclined to moan about the accidents I have around the house and then avoid looking at what I've done (burnt hole in new leather suite in back room and covered it with lovely leather cushion)... than attempt to solve problem :eek:

haha, I'll remember that one.:o

Our front lawn is bigger than our back and cos the dogs are at the back, the neighbours cats poo all over the front. All the sprays havent worked.... so I may try this tip. Ali will come home and see big slices of lemon all over! :eek:
Hey, dya think just the juice would work or will that burn the grass?? :rolleyes:

No not juice hun! Use slices or you can use just the orange or lemon peel.

pour white wine over red if you get it on your carpets.

mix a teaspoon of bicarb with water to make a paste and put on the sealant in your bath/shower. rinse. removes dirt/gunk, etc.

No not juice hun! Use slices or you can use just the orange or lemon peel.

After you have finished with the slices in your vodka & tonic, just throw them out the window

After you have finished with the slices in your vodka & tonic, just throw them out the window
why throw them out the window ? I am sure they would make perfectly good Pot pourri:rolleyes:

* Warm water and vinegar solution sprayed on glass and wiped off with newspaper for sparkley glass

* To clean a really dirty grubby bath use washing powder

*Dusters tied to kids feet to dry a newly mopped floor

*Spray furniture polish into air at enterance of your houseand plug hoover in inside another downstairs room for that "in middle of cleaning look"!!!!

The latter really saved my bacon when our two were tiny babies....."ooh hello ................just trying to do a spot of cleaning have had to stop as baby needed feeding":!: classic!!​

why throw them out the window ? I am sure they would make perfectly good Pot pourri:rolleyes:

That's only if you don't keep sucking the voddy out of em!

soak tea stained t spoons in a solution of warm water and washing powder.. waaalaaaa like new again.

To remove the smell of garlic, onions, or anything else, rub your hands with a stainless steel spoon under cold running water (like you would with soap). Then you can wash the smell off the spoon with soap and water.

To remove the smell of garlic, onions, or anything else, rub your hands with a stainless steel spoon under cold running water (like you would with soap). Then you can wash the smell off the spoon with soap and water.

... but then the vampires come back :Scared: :Scared:

Newlyweds, act in a surrepticious manner from the start of your marriage so as not to attract suspicion when you do have an affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back