Anyone else doing "Stop-tober"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried just after Christmas and made 6 weeks but smoking was all I could think about and I was sooooo snappy....I loved the fact that my hair and clothes smelt nice all day....I really really want to do it this time....come on peeps lets do this together...we can vent our cravings and frustrations and goals out on here together....we can do it...(lol can you tell I'm trying to convince myself)

So for those of us who are stopping, what is your chosen method?

Good luck to all of you!! :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm going to try patches I also have the gum too.

I'm going cold turkey! Loads of sugar free sweets and lollipops!

Gonna put all my cig money in a jar as I would normally spend it and see it grow. !!!!

Can anyone guide me as to how I can edit the spelling on the title please ????

Cold turkey for me too. Although the fridge will be full of Ben & jerrys and cream cakes just incase! I'm gonna end up doubling in size. Haha xx

Hahaha we'll all be moaning about our weight soon....

The mods will change the title soon enough I'm sure. Or contact one and tell them too.

My OH has just done his first week smoke free! I am SO proud of him :) I forced him into one of those minivans last time we were in town and they give you 6 weeks free stuff to quit. He got patches, gums and lozenges. (He said lozenges are the best)

Good luck everyone! x

ETA: in 4 days his carbon monoxide reading went down from a 7 (smoker level) to 2 (non smoker level) and he looks so much healthier. No clearing his throat every 5 seconds or coughing :)

Cold turkey for me too. Although the fridge will be full of Ben & jerrys and cream cakes just incase! I'm gonna end up doubling in size. Haha xx

That's where my cupcake and cake addiction stemmed. But I'm doing a diet at the same time not majorly strict but just one treat a day, not 6! Lol

That's where my cupcake and cake addiction stemmed. But I'm doing a diet at the same time not majorly strict but just one treat a day, not 6! Lol

Hahaha!
Well good luck with both. :) xx

Chinging thread title - I 'think' if you go back to your first post, click the edit button, then advanced edit, and you should be able to change it there.

Yay thank you pure..:D x

I have an appointment with my practice nurse on the 1st to pick up some Champix so I'm going to do my best. I've been smoking for 27 years :eek: so its definately time to quit!!!!

Hi hon, I have been taking Champix for nearly 2 weeks now, this is my second day not smoking, I was smoking about 12-15 a day, by the end of the first week I was down to about 6-8 without even thinking about it..they really do take the craving away, I think to be successful you have to really want to stop, and I did feel a bit sick for the first week TBH...but I am now on day three and still no fags, and any cravings I have had have been so fleeting and mild that I havent felt the urge to smoke like i have before...good luck adn let me know how you get along.
xxxxxxx

Me and hubby have been on the electric cigarettes for 5 weeks now slowly coming down in dosage they are amazing we've not touched a normal fag :)

I have smoked for around 12 Years now and I'm only 25! Worst thing I could ever have done was let my cousin give me a cigarette!

I have tried the champix and they made me really poorly. They made my boyfriend really depressed and tired so he stopped taking them aswel.

I am now on day 3 of non smoking with patches. I only smoke around 7 a day so I'm on the 14mg patches. The 21mg patches made me sick.

I had a cig last night when I got back from my psychic last night as was in shock but have only had 1 in 3 days. My worst cig is the morning and after food.

I have pear drops and humbugs to suck on. I'm just eating as normal but I have lost my appetite over the last few weeks due to stress but hopefully that will come back.

I don't want to smoke as the smell is disgusting but I miss it so much. It's a massive stress relief and trying to get out of the routine I'm in is hard. My kids are proud of me so I'm sticking to it!

Good luck all x x

I stopped a while ago, using electronic cigarettes, I think I'm going to try and give these up during stoptober!! Iv smoked for 5 years, I'm only 18 - nearly 19!! I have even got a wrinkle around my lip!! I hope I can manage to get rid of the electronic cigs! They aren't costing me much less than real cigs! I'm smoking so much!

Im going to do it. Think of all the money you can save, plus when I wear perfume I wont need to reapply to lots of times to mask the smoke!

Im doing it, in fact i started yesterday,im going cold turkey, tried patches before but they bring me out in a rash. I use gum if craving gets too much but im confident im going to do it and stick to it :)

Im planning baby number 2 so would like to be stopped before being pregnant

Good luck all :)

Latest posts

Back