Anyone else doing "Stop-tober"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope im ok to post as i no longer smoke but hopefully can share with you all how i gave up.
I smoked from the age of 13 and by the time i was 17 i was smoking 20+ aday.
When i got to 31 i did try and give up with the lozangers but got addicted to these for 2 years:irked:
Then went through a hard time and started again, i even smoked cigars telling myself not as bad!

When i got to 34 i was smoking but not really enjoying it and meet my boyfriend who said he was like me and gave up with the help of a book.
I thought hmm not sure but i read the book (you can still smoke while reading) and a few things stuck in my mind.
One thing was i had to really keep the thought of one of the times i was smoking a cig i was not enjoying and to this day i remember that.
Im going into my 5th year no smoking but i also gave up drink then as my will power goes to pot when ive had a drink.

Its hard as when on holiday or after a meal i could kill for one, the drink dose not bother me but i do miss smoking but i just keep the thought in my head.

Be strong as if i can do it anyone can and good luck x x x:hug:

Alan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life [Book][/url]

Last edited:
Odd question but has anyone developed sickness in the morning being on patches.

2 weeks ago on the patches I was fine and had no sickness but i started smoking again and for the last 3 days back on the patches I have been sick in the morning.

Day 4!! Smoke free since 12 Sunday night. Not had a single puff. Very proud of myself :)

@nails
I'm not using anything at all but I've heard from friends that the patches can make you sick if you smoke when wearing them? Xx

Day 4!! Smoke free since 12 Sunday night. Not had a single puff. Very proud of myself :)

@nails
I'm not using anything at all but I've heard from friends that the patches can make you sick if you smoke when wearing them? Xx

I haven't smoked since Monday so it can't be that. I'm not sick for the rest of the day only in the morning. Just find it weird that it never happened a few weeks ago and I'm using exactly the same patches.

Well done to you!!! Im not actually craving anymore. I don't want one. I come in from college last night and all I could smell was Fags and it was disgusting even though the OH smokes out side! X x

[QUOTE=Nails

Thanks! You too! :)
I don't know what it could be, I did feel dizzy the second day but apparently that's more oxygen getting to your brain or something haha so I'm not sure where the sickness is coming from. :s

I don't want one either, and I'm really noticing the smell on other smokers too and they smell horrible! Lol
I've got a party Saturday so I'm a bit worried about that, but I've bought an electric cig just so I'm prepared as when I drink that's when I smoke more.
Xx

Oh I brought the electric cigs and hated them so they are sitting on top of my microwave, £50 wasted lol! Think I got conned by the sales man, gullible me :)!

I think the hardest will be parties and social meetings etc but as I'm a hermit at the mo I have no problem with that! :)

Yeah I get dizziness alot but even more so now I'm not smoking! Think my brain thinks it's amazing! I have become addicted to mint humbugs though so at leasts it better to suck sweets that smoke. X x

I've got a confession...

I slipped up yesterday when my e-cig ran out of charge and sneaked 3 puffs of my dad's cigarette when he left it burning. I know, I shouldn't have BUT I'm kind of glad I did! I've proved to myself that I can quit now because those 3 puffs made me sick as a dog, extremely dizzy... not to mention my fingers reeked!

Vowing never to have another again.

[QUOTE=Nails

Haha I've been sucking Lollys non stop! And have breath spray cos I have a weird metallic taste in my mouth :s dunno what that's all about xx

I've got a confession...

I slipped up yesterday when my e-cig ran out of charge and sneaked 3 puffs of my dad's cigarette when he left it burning. I know, I shouldn't have BUT I'm kind of glad I did! I've proved to myself that I can quit now because those 3 puffs made me sick as a dog, extremely dizzy... not to mention my fingers reeked!

Vowing never to have another again.

At least it put you off, which is good! :) xx

Nails Haha I've been sucking Lollys non stop! And have breath spray cos I have a weird metallic taste in my mouth :s dunno what that's all about xx[/quote said:
They say that happens when you're pregnant too ;) x

Nails Haha I've been sucking Lollys non stop! And have breath spray cos I have a weird metallic taste in my mouth :s dunno what that's all about xx[/quote said:
I was told you get funny tastes in your mouth when you quit but I haven't noticed as all I can taste at the mo is mint humbugs and I can barely taste them as I'm all blocked up :( stupid non smoking lol

Was on the phone to my OH and he said: we can get married now I've quit and have babies
:')
(I told him he had to give up before he proposed else I'd say no haha).
He's on day 17/18 (I can't remember exactly..) and is going down to 14mg patches this weekend :D x

Was on the phone to my OH and he said: we can get married now I've quit and have babies
:')
(I told him he had to give up before he proposed else I'd say no haha).
He's on day 17/18 (I can't remember exactly..) and is going down to 14mg patches this weekend :D x

Ahh bless, he is doing really well :) x x

Ahh bless, he is doing really well :) x x

I'm so proud of him. He's been smoking nearly 10 years and got addicted from 1 on holiday and had been smoking ever since.

I hope all you's are doing well, I'm keeping an eye on you ;) x

I put a post on earlier explaning how i stopped just so people can see its possible :)
Its so hard but the first few weeks are the worst x x

Just saw this thread. I am stopping. Really struggling, bin on 3 a day for a week. I had a realy bad day today and have smoked the 3 already! I feal terrible! I found out last week that im pregnant so i HAVE to quit. I know its not a excuse but i had a miscariage a couple months ago and every time i have cramps i get so worked up that it might happen again and reach for the fags :'(
Like i said i am now stopping, just had my last one, problem is i love smoking. I managed to quit when i had my first little boy straight away and stayed quit for 14 months before i started again so i CAN do it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh I'm struggling!!!!

I'm dying for just one little puff, I would trade my whole stash of pair drops and humbugs for one!!!!

I haven't really had any cravings this week but tonight it has hit me bad. There is one in the kitchen my bf left earlier and it's calling me!

Think because I'm on my own with no one to talk to or to entertain me lol I'm bored and when I'm bored I smoke. I don't have the energy to do my hair assessments to keep me occupied as haven't been sleeping well.

Has anybody been having bad dreams with quitting?

I had a bad one last night where a polish man came to my house and told my bf I was texting him and he became my bf and kept me hostage and wouldn't let me go. My iPhone wouldn't work to call anyone and I had the kids with me. I finally managed to call my bf and he had a voicemail message on his phone saying he was single as I was with someone else!! I woke up in floods of tears at half 5 and couldn't get back to sleep so got up. I had a bad sleep the night before had about 5 hours sleep. :(

I hate non smoking but I love not stinking!! Going to bed to sleep.

Just saw this thread. I am stopping. Really struggling, bin on 3 a day for a week. I had a realy bad day today and have smoked the 3 already! I feal terrible! I found out last week that im pregnant so i HAVE to quit. I know its not a excuse but i had a miscariage a couple months ago and every time i have cramps i get so worked up that it might happen again and reach for the fags :'(
Like i said i am now stopping, just had my last one, problem is i love smoking. I managed to quit when i had my first little boy straight away and stayed quit for 14 months before i started again so i CAN do it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Aww bless you.

Get some patches, tabs or whatever you will think will work best and stick with them. Just think about your little baby inside you and your little man you have now! It is hard but once you get over the initial craving you can do it. I suck mint humbugs and. Pear drops when i think I will start to crave for one, sweets are amazing to keep your mind off it. I also over clean everything now lol.

Don't stress about it as you will stress your baby. If you are struggling bad then go to the smoking nurse at your doctors and they can help you. X

I am really struggling!! I caved on tuesday after not having any from 10 on Sunday eve, how ever I'm on one an evening and non throughout the day, so im going to have the last one tonight and then try again, I've just started my new job so it was all abit much I think so tomorrow is my new start day!!!

Well done to you all who are going strong! Keep it up xx

Latest posts

Back