Anyone else doing "Stop-tober"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just bought the e-lite cigarettes. Am smoking still as got loads of duty frees from holiday to get through but have swapped some of the certain fags during the day for the electronic one :) good luck to everyone xx

I've just finished a client and what's the first thing I do.....light up...got to find something to break that cycle...

jlo nails, I do exactly the same thing! I'm worse when I was mobile - for a half hour journey, I'd have 2 there...so that's automatically 2 back. Now I'm home based, I have a ciggy between clients. Tsk tsk.

I'm only on about 10 a day which isn't TOO bad but my boyfriend doesn't smoke and he doesn't like the fact that I do. My parents and sister do so it's going to be tough, but when I'm at Jamie's house I don't smoke anyway! So I know I can quit - it's a case of 'I fancy a cigarette' not 'I NEED one'.

I've only got a little bit of tobacco left anyway, I reckon that will last me another 5 days which takes me to the 1st October.

COUNT ME IN.

xxx

Verdepurdy...counting you in....my fiancé smokes and has no intentions of giving up....we don't smoke in the house so I'm hoping the cold nights will put me off going outside too....I'm off to New York at the end of October and I know I'm going to have to go at least 11 hours without a fag so in a funny way that is my focus as I can say " I can't have one so do I really need one" if that makes sense lol.

To all you guys who are thinking of giving up one of my massage clients is riddled with cancer, he has had two liver transplants, part of his colon removed...I have never seen a persons body so damaged, his arms are covered with scars and welts where he has had IVs so many times, you can see where the veins on his arms have collapsed, he has no muscle tone, many of his muscles are atrophied, he takes so much medication that it has damaged his lungs so he is constantly short of breath,he is covered in sores and bumps and nodules...his stomach is so terribly distorted where he has had so many operations, it really is heart breaking, he has been fighting cancer for 10 years, everytime I now want a cigerette I think of this poor man, and think "if you carry on smoking this will be you in a few years time"....

Off to asda to buy my lollipops and gum this morning.....only 4 days left...is everyone getting themselves in the right frame of mind?????

I started cutting down a couple of weeks ago and wanted to start a thread but dont know how. So thanks OP for doing it.
The reason I decided to stop was looking at all the courses and new products I want and realising I could afford them if I didn't waste so much on fags.
I used to have 1 on my way to work, 1 or 2 there depending how busy I was and 1 on my way home. I don't have any of these anymore. I don't take them to work and make sure I take dinner so I have no reason to go to the shop.
My problem is when I get home. My boyfriend smokes and has no intention of stopping. Yesterday I got him to agree to go in the conservatory when he wants one. I find i don't want one till he lights one so hopefully this will help.

I don't think I'm going to start Monday now...I had some really upsetting news last night..my best friends little boy (5) has been diagnosed with a tumour in his stomach and has got to have chemo..and my best friend was due to have her baby on Monday in our home town now she is having to have her in another hospital near great ormond street so that her poor husband can flit between her and their son...:cry::cry:

I don't think I'm going to start Monday now...I had some really upsetting news last night..my best friends little boy (5) has been diagnosed with a tumour in his stomach and has got to have chemo..and my best friend was due to have her baby on Monday in our home town now she is having to have her in another hospital near great ormond street so that her poor husband can flit between her and their son...:cry::cry:

Oh dear I hope he will be ok! Praying for him!! x

In another note, this is a perfect opportunity to stop smoking. Obviously the little boys tumour was not caused my smoking but smoking does cause cancer! In 10-15 years down the line and you still may be smoking and god forgive you do get cancer due to smoking and you will kick yourself for not stopping and it may have been prevented! Start earlier the better. I have come from a family who has been riddled by cancer and I lost my amazing nan to it and she was so so ill. I never want to put my kids through a smoking related illness such as cancer so I will prevent it as much as possible. It's a hard slog but for me it'd extra years in my life I will see my children for and their children for and I would rather that than put a chemical filled stick in me and be the reason I leave my children. X x

Tomorrow's the big day :eek:

I'll be having my very last cigarette before bed tonight. Good luck, everyone :)

xxx

I'll be having my very last cigarette before bed tonight. Good luck, everyone :)

xxx

Good luck !

I'm just about to have my final cig, start my new job tomorrow so I'm definitely not giving in and have a crafty one.

xxx

Haha me too! Got 2 left, I can't bare to throw them away. Lol so gonna have to have both before bed so there's no temptation. Throwing lighters & ashtray in the bin I'm the morning too.

Good luck everyone!! :) xx

Puffing away on my electronic cigarette this morning! It's no different to normal smoking (except it doesn't go out, it's pretty heavy, it doesn't smell and it never burns down!) so I think I'm gonna be just fine ;)

I like the fact that you do actually blow smoke out after taking a drag, and that the end lights up whilst you're puffing :) Has anyone felt a craving yet or are you all being good?

xxx

Puffing away on my electronic cigarette this morning! It's no different to normal smoking (except it doesn't go out, it's pretty heavy, it doesn't smell and it never burns down!) so I think I'm gonna be just fine ;)

I like the fact that you do actually blow smoke out after taking a drag, and that the end lights up whilst you're puffing :) Has anyone felt a craving yet or are you all being good?

xxx

I had cravings this morning after my coffee but am ok at the moment. Been around my friend who smokes today and I've just had a lolly everytime she lights up. Lol not the same but hey, I feel Alright. A bit shaky handed tho :s lol xx

I gave up on 1st January and have not even had one puff since. So that's 9 months today :) The best piece of advice I can give is use patches and the little nicotinell mints you can get, they're great for cravings. Also don't be too hard on yourself, I told myself I was having a break as I felt that saying I was never going to smoke again was too much and every time I wanted one I would say to myself that I wouldnt have one that time but maybe have one next time. It certainly made it easier for me. Just give it a go, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain, and it really isn't as hard as you think its going to be x

I don't know if there's anyone from Doncaster on here but my god if there's anything that's going to make me want a fag it's the road works on balby road grrrr!!!

So hows everyone that has already stopped doing today? :)

I took my first Champix tablet today so will give up sometime next week. Actually looking forward to it!!! lol

Haven't had a ciggie since 11.57 last night.
Had an angry spell earlier though and threatened to run some woman over. But it's passed now ;)
Just downloaded the smartphone app for stoptober :)
How's everyone doing?
Xx

There's going to be so much road rage across the country this month lol

Latest posts

Back