Anyone ever had a "dirty" phone call? I just did!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
Just answered an "unknown" call on my mobile (business). Wish I hadn't!
The guy asked for me by name (cos my name is in my business listing) and when I confirmed I was "sharon" he then told me he would like to:
"*** in my face"!

I have never had one of these before and it has scared me a little cos my address is on my web page. I work from home.

The person spoke with english accent so I am hoping they are not local!

Anyone had this before?

Just answered an "unknown" call on my mobile (business). Wish I hadn't!
The guy asked for me by name (cos my name is in my business listing) and when I confirmed I was "sharon" he then told me he would like to:
"*** in my face"!

I have never had one of these before and it has scared me a little cos my address is on my web page. I work from home.

The person spoke with english accent so I am hoping they are not local!

Anyone had this before?

I have but not quite so graphic,if you get anymore from the same guy I suggest you call the police.This is NOT acceptable.I expect it's a one off,as soon as they start with the inuendos or suggestions put the phone down/hang up.They get off in shocking us,so it's better not to give them the satisfaction.

Dont let it worry you,they aren't worth it,just sad individuals with nothing better to do.Even though they withold their number your phone company can see their number,inform them of this and tell them you are now going to call the police.Then hang up:hug:

apparently the less response they get from you the less they will do it...its all about getting attention and if they don't get it then its no fun....just hang up and if it continues then I think you can get the number blocked and inform the police. These people are often all big and brave while on the phone but in face to face situations in a very different story...try not to worry...:hug:

Last edited:
i had a guy today!!!!

phoned, sounded really awkward and heavy breathing...a bit dirty sounding if you know what i mean...

asking if we do spray tan, and i said yes (already alarm bells starting) then said..."can i get a spray tan all over" and i was like....pardon...then he was being all awkward again and he said "how much is it for the tan all over..." and i told him the price and he kept saying "is that for all over..?" in a really weird awkward way...

I hung up. perhaps a bit rude, maybe he wasn't a weirdo but...

That is shocking and terrible for you.
I've had plenty of calls wanting "extras" but never actually come out and said something like that - I would be totally shocked and upset by that.

But, do treat it as a one-off, it might have been a couple of blokes messing around, or it could be someone getting off on it.

i had a horrible experience on my msn the other day. someone adds me so i thought maybe he new me, i asked who he was and he said accept my webcam and you will see so i did and omg i cant tell you how horrified i was a man with his tackle out masturbating!!! I quickly turned it off and blocked it. the scary thing is i have no idea who it was where he got my personal email from and imagine if i had been a child or quite young?!

why would someone get kicks out of this? its disgusting.

i had a horrible experience on my msn the other day. someone adds me so i thought maybe he new me, i asked who he was and he said accept my webcam and you will see so i did and omg i cant tell you how horrified i was a man with his tackle out masturbating!!! I quickly turned it off and blocked it. the scary thing is i have no idea who it was where he got my personal email from and imagine if i had been a child or quite young?!

lesson learn't, don't accept anyone that you don't know! same on facebook.

I offer male intimate waxing so it kinda goes with the territory. I usually tell them that owing to the nature of the work I do I can trace their calls and I will be passing their number to the police. That makes them hang up in a hurry!
Perhaps I'm just old and world weary but it just doesn't bother me anymore. I'm just cross because it hasn't resulted in a booking.

I know it may seem scary but if you can just take it with a pinch of salt as there are some really bored people out there. I work from home and I have my address on all literature however i leave off the house number and disclose it when someones phones and books in. It's not fool proof but may put you at ease in the future. It was recommended to me. I had a funny occasion once where I received a text asking for pedicure prices and HE put his name on the end. I replied with prices then he went on to say what colour do I think would look good on his feet? I reluctantly replied and he then text back he preferd pink and he would forward on pictures. At this point I stopped communication but a little later 5 pictures came through all with HIS feet painted different shades of pink in various ladies shoes! I never once replied and never heard any more from him thank god! Hubby being police advised not to reply and he obviosly was enjoying himself at home with his fetishes! There are some very strange peeps out there!:twisted:

I've had a lot of random people do that to me on msn
Most of the time its foreign people mainly turkish, I think they can get peoples email adresses when people send chain mail because there's always abig list of adresses
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had them :rolleyes:
Had 2 that were really explicit and i thank god my 16 year old daughter didn't answer the phone!
Like Lynne, i do intimate male waxing and i sometimes get guys that call and want to go into detail and i direct them to my website. You can usually tell who are the genuine ones though.
I wouldn't think twice about some guy wanting their feet painting though-plenty of guys do!
Angie (Bagpuss), came up with the suggestion of having a whistle handy when i had my calls-it's a good idea :lol:

Oh sweetie, you poor thing. Its so upsetting, kinda violating and really p*sses me off too.

Don't worry though, these people that get off on phone calls prefer that they are anonymous and won't come anywhere near you. They like the power. Hang up immediately if he does call back and get in touch with the police.

If you are still concerned, maybe you could put on your advertising that you won't respond to withheld numbers.

I've had men call and ask specifically for that kind of massage, stopping short of calling me a prostitute. I act completely professionally and tell them that i am a beauty therapist and i do not perform those kind of treatments. They are either embarassed and hang up or ask me if i know anybody that does.

Make a note of the day and time you got this call.

There is a system with landlines run by BT I think where if you get a nuisance called thats withheld you just dial 1477 after the call and the number gets noted by the company then you dial a number which I think leads you to report them.

I hate those kind of phone calls, I seem to get the men coming into the salon asking about massages than phone calls, all of which have been Asian! personally I feel insulted that they think the salon looks like a brothal! Bloody check!!

xx

This kind of nuisance is always attracted to our industry but it seems to be all over the place anyway.

I was asked for my 'prices' while stood at a bus stop on my way home from work once. I was dressed in my suit for the law office so I didnt exactly look the 'part'.

Like the girls have said, most of it is done for a reaction. Most of them like it when they do something that shocks you. I've had enough jobs in the service industry to be pretty unshockable by now, but when you're not accustomed to dealing with it I remember how it used to feel.

Put it down to experience and i'm sure you'll be fine if it happen again.

I would seriously consider having your address removed from all listings and your web page just so in future when you get messages like this (because you will) you dont feel as threatened. I would put the area where you are based rather than actual address. As said once you know a client is genuine then give out your address details.

I think the idea of a whistle is a good one, because it clearly sends out the message "dont mess with me" and they will not phone again, highly unlikely anyways. I know this sounds awful but each time you get one of these messages it will better prepare you for the next time. Its a shame that these people are so sad and infantile that they have to do this, but as already said it comes with the territory.

Big hugs :hug: :hug:

anne xx

Be careful with the whistle idea - believe it or not you can be prosecuted for damaging someone's hearing. I know it's unlikely that a perv would bring charges against you, but you never know!

Years ago, when i worked for my local newspaper as the 'Entertainment' Rep - dealing with pubs, clubs etc, we used to have our photo in the paper with a note under saying 'For all your entertainments advertising ring Bev on 123456 etc.
One day, I had a caller who rang and asked for me by name. I took the called & said the usual - 'Hi, it's Beverley speaking, how can I help you?' and he said 'I'd really like to f**k you! I was very shocked, but immeadiately replied 'Really?, well I shouldn't think you've got a big enough p***k!' Then I put the phone down without waiting for a response - he never called back:lol:

I'm sorry this has happened to you:hug:, but I'd either say nothing (these days) & put the phone down, making sure you get the number of the caller & if it happens again, report him to the police.

Be careful with the whistle idea - believe it or not you can be prosecuted for damaging someone's hearing. I know it's unlikely that a perv would bring charges against you, but you never know!

Good point!

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I think I will take my door number off my web page asap! Also if I do get another call I will call my service provider, police etc. It really does shake you up cos you don't know if you are dealing with a would be attacker or just as sad pervert who wouldn't say boo to a goose!

I am hopeful that it was a one off.

Thanks again, as always salon geek to the rescue! :hug:

Unfortunately the internet has opened up a whole can of worms; social networking sites and chat rooms are so easy to access, and of course it is inevitably easy to set up email accounts too. Let's be careful out there - Hill Street Blues I think that was. . .

Latest posts

Back