Anyone ever had a "dirty" phone call? I just did!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I think I will take my door number off my web page asap! Also if I do get another call I will call my service provider, police etc. It really does shake you up cos you don't know if you are dealing with a would be attacker or just as sad pervert who wouldn't say boo to a goose!

I am hopeful that it was a one off.

Thanks again, as always salon geek to the rescue! :hug:

I personally would not put any form of address ( if it is a private address anyway ) on a webpage...unfortunately in this day and age there are too many undesirables out there...

Give out your address over the phone or an email but don't put it out there for all to see.

I've said before on here I have only ever had one 'dirty' phone call and that was over an advert in a paper selling a babies pram :eek: My nails just don't drum up the excitement obviously :lol:

Hopefully like you say it was a one off....and although it is unnerving...don't give these idiots another thought, they are not worth your time xxx

I know it may seem scary but if you can just take it with a pinch of salt as there are some really bored people out there. I work from home and I have my address on all literature however i leave off the house number and disclose it when someones phones and books in. It's not fool proof but may put you at ease in the future. It was recommended to me. I had a funny occasion once where I received a text asking for pedicure prices and HE put his name on the end. I replied with prices then he went on to say what colour do I think would look good on his feet? I reluctantly replied and he then text back he preferd pink and he would forward on pictures. At this point I stopped communication but a little later 5 pictures came through all with HIS feet painted different shades of pink in various ladies shoes! I never once replied and never heard any more from him thank god! Hubby being police advised not to reply and he obviosly was enjoying himself at home with his fetishes! There are some very strange peeps out there!:twisted:

Hi , I can understand anyone being nervous about doing blokes treatments
whilst on your own, and we all must listen to our inner instincts and keep ourselves safe ,
and whilst some ladies may choose not to do mens treatments at all
especially if they dont feel comfortable with it ,

but the above Bloke sounded pretty much ok to me :eek:
as he was only wanting his feet done and he seemed quite above board about sending you his feet pictures ,
maybe he was just testing the water to see if you were ok about it
as some home salons are fine with this , :hug: x minky

I know it may seem scary but if you can just take it with a pinch of salt as there are some really bored people out there. I work from home and I have my address on all literature however i leave off the house number and disclose it when someones phones and books in. It's not fool proof but may put you at ease in the future. It was recommended to me. I had a funny occasion once where I received a text asking for pedicure prices and HE put his name on the end. I replied with prices then he went on to say what colour do I think would look good on his feet? I reluctantly replied and he then text back he preferd pink and he would forward on pictures. At this point I stopped communication but a little later 5 pictures came through all with HIS feet painted different shades of pink in various ladies shoes! I never once replied and never heard any more from him thank god! Hubby being police advised not to reply and he obviosly was enjoying himself at home with his fetishes! There are some very strange peeps out there!:twisted:
I personally dont think this was actually a perve,more a Transvestite wanting to test the water to see if you would be happy doing his nails.I have a very good friend who is a TV and has shown me pics of him wearing ladies shoes...he loves talking about make up,shoes and yes....nail polishes.It's really nothing threatening,he lives with his girlfriend and is the lovliest guy ever with 2 daughters.Only telling you this to hopefully put your mind at rest:hug:

Do yourself a favour and block private calls xxx

I have many regular clients who call from "private" numbers, for all manner of reasons. Some of them are calling from their place of work over which they have no control, several of them are in public positions (police, TV presenter, magistrate) and as such they withhold their numbers. I think you need to develop a strategy for dealing with the minority of calls rather than just block withheld numbers; you're potentially missing out on genuine callers.
Dealing with unpleasant people is just part of life.

I've had a couple of people call up and ask for "male relief therapies". I just replied politely that I am a holistic massage therapist, and I'm going to report their phone number to the police. They never called back.

Sadly if you offer massage treatments it tends to go with the territory, there are some a*holes out there. I am *really* careful with how I word my advertising so they really are just trying their luck most of the time.

I really wouldnt worry about it hes obviously a sad lonely weirdo,If he were any real danger he would of booked an appointment and not made his vile comments over the phone
In reality hes probabally a 40+ sexually frustrated loser still living at home in his dingy house with his ageing mother
If he phones again tell him your not really interested in that type of thing but you have a freind who is and give him a premium rate sex line number from the back pages of the sunday sport !!!

i had one when i worked in a call centre for the swine flu service.
i was being monitered to see how my calls were.
a guy phones up with heavy breathing thought nothing of it he might of had the flu anyway he went on to ask what i was wearing 'excuse me'
are you wearing a bikini swiftly replyed with of course its november in scotland raining and freezing funnily enough i'm wearing a bikini and flip flops to work goodbye!

team leader said i should of just gave him warnings and hung up lol

Hi, Had a guy call for intmate waxing. then asked if his wife could watch because if he didn't do as she told him she would spank him. :irked:ended call and now if any man calls and no number displayed ask then to ring back showing no. if they are genuine they call back. di:)

Latest posts

Back