Anyone found beauty uniforms that actually are the size they say?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hey geeks I'm shopping for a new uniform and I'm a size 16. I've found that uniforms are very small fitting so when I ordered a uniform at the beginning of this week I thought I'll order several sizes larger so they're comfortable. I ordered a size 20 top and 22 bottoms! I thought to myself there's no way these can't fit. But they were too small!!

So 2 sizes larger than what I am and they still didn't fit! Has anyone found a good company to order uniforms from that actually are the size they say they are?

No, They all seem to come up smaller; I always need to buy a 16, but never need that for civvies.
What's their strategy? All sizes cost the same so surely it makes sense (psychologically and to avoid returns) to size accurately?

Im a 16 but ive always ordered a size bigger as they always come up small. Its so anoying! If u find somewhere let us know :)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I've had uniforms from la beeby and salonwear direct and they've always been ok. I'm a size 18!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I've found Buttercups althought expensive, their sizing is spot on.

But just thinking of my shape and they probably perfect for the hourglass figure.

I was impressed with their trousers as normally I struggle that if they fit the bum they waaaayyyy too big for the waist but theirs are lovely and neat fitting on the waist.

So yes just thinking if you hourglass sizing same as normal wwill be grand but if you more apple or pear alter according to that.

I hate uniforms! I loathe being encased in polyester and I especially loathe being made to wear something that says it's 3 sizes bigger than I would ordinarily wear.

Just out of interest, what do you wear instead Lynne ? Because I too hate the uniforms

Many Thanks

Louise

I do wear a uniform, of sorts, in that I wear a chocolate brown lacy vest (M & S) under a chocolate brown v necked, 3/4 sleeved jumper (Sainsbury's), and (guess what) chocolate brown cords from M & S.
I have several sets of these, so can wash them daily if need be.
I look smart, it's practical, but apparently won't be acceptable for my CIBTAC exam. Grrr.

Amen to that! :lol: I hate polyester even touching it gives me the willies!
I wear a black teeshirt with my business name done in gold chrome and black trousers. Put a long sleeved top on underneath when its cold and wear 3/4 if its hot xx

I hate uniforms! I loathe being encased in polyester and I especially loathe being made to wear something that says it's 3 sizes bigger than I would ordinarily wear.

My boss bought me new tunic, well we all had new tunics, and my size was too small. Then a size up and it fit everywhere but my boobs and a size up from that drowns me! A lot of the time we get Paul Mitchell t-shirts so I much prefer to wear them! But I do think tunics and uniforms looks smart. Before we had this I only ever bought cheap black tops from Primark or H&M because they were constantly getting bleached red dots on them and I hate the idea of ruining my nice black cardis!

I can never find a uniform that fits or suits me. I have a nasty dress which I can't bear to put on, because I look a complete dork. I wear black trousers and black t.shirt winter and white trousers and white tshirt summer.

I would really like a tunic top worn in the Perron rigot Training video, which can be worn over Tshirt. Anyone know where I can get one please.

I am a 20/22 bottom and 18/20 top and got some uniform in the La Beeby sale, 24 top just fits and the 24 bottoms are at least 2 sizes too small! I am NOT a 28! (used to be many moons ago before the weight loss surgery but thats another matter~!) xx

my newest tunic is from the co-operative clothing peeps. iam a 14 and bought a 14. its a perfect fit and is tailored, if you wanted it a bit looser i would go up 1 size only. i must admit usually when buying tunics you have to go approx three sizes bigger than what you are but particulally with any size over 16. i have a friend who is a size 8 and size 8's and 10's fit perfectly for her while my other friend who is a 16 maybe a bigish 16 has to wear a 22. if they are gonna cock up the sizes so badly cant they do it they other way round so that if your a 16 you'd by a 12, it would make us feel alot better about ourselves than the current sizing system. rant over.

I have just had a new uniform from florence roby and its pretty much perfect size wise which was a bit of a shock as they are usually to tight or to big.

My last uniform was also florence roby but a dermalogica one and it was huge even though its the same size as the new one !

A few years ago I had a bit of a bust up with diamond designs as I ordered a tunic that didn't fit right, think it was to tight or something but when I measured the top the measurements weren't the same as what was printed in the catalogue. They couldn't give a monkeys and I had to send it back to Ireland recorded delivery at my cost even though they had cocked up their own measurement guide ! Not impressed and I would never deal with them again.

I found an awesome company on my travels searching for a tunic. It's called DEO the sizes are great and the tunics are long length which I love and the fabric is very good quality and very hard wearing! Not a huge range of designs but very good sizing. Think I'll be ordering more from here

Amen to that! :lol: I hate polyester even touching it gives me the willies!
I wear a black teeshirt with my business name done in gold chrome and black trousers. Put a long sleeved top on underneath when its cold and wear 3/4 if its hot xx

I love the sound of your t shirt....where did you get it done? Was it expensive? I'm looking to get a new tunic as mine is too tight, but this sounds better! x

do u have their web address?

Simon Jersey do the "vest" style tunic where you can put a t-shirt/long sleeved top underneath if you like...

I've got a pic on my album on here have a wee look :D got them off ebay only £9.00 each
Personalised Printed T-Shirt Glittery Writing Hen Stag on eBay (end time 05-Mar-11 22:46:03 GMT)

Also got a gold badge with my name and Beauty Technician on really cheap! (must admit really got it as I did'nt want folks thinking I thought I was it walking about with Gorgeous written on the teeshirt :lol:) hth xx

I love the sound of your t shirt....where did you get it done? Was it expensive? I'm looking to get a new tunic as mine is too tight, but this sounds better! x

do u have their web address?

Simon Jersey do the "vest" style tunic where you can put a t-shirt/long sleeved top underneath if you like...

Just had a look at this site, seem very good value, have ordered anything from them? Just wondering what the quality is like ?

I bought my tunic n bottoms from simon jersey last month n theyv been great other than the fact they come way too long with some wonder web attatched but other than that theyv been fab quality after washing n everything xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back