Are you artistic in other ways ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrey

Reaction score
hi just pondering :lol: doesnt happen often are you artistic in other ways other than nails (which i believe to be an art) ? the reason i ask as i love arts and craft and will turn my hand to many a thing ie i make wall hangings, door plaques, cushions etc and freaky as it seems a medium said i shall always make my fortune with a brush (probably sweeping streets):rolleyes:.
sorry right had some wine losing the point i apologise question is are you artistic and do you think that is a trait in every nail artist xxx

I think having an artistic flair does help considerably in this industry...as for me i absolutely love hand made garments,my grandmother taught me everything about sewing,hand stitching,and knitting:green:...i taught myself crochet,picked up the hook,and my fingers did the rest...i find it very therapeutic,and still make babys clothes,mailnly for new borns and christenings now...i just love textiles:)

Me too Gabby ... from being a child I knitted, embroidered, crochet, sewed, decorated cakes, painted, macramé, decoupage, mosaics ... anything with my hands. I actually used to make money hand painting Limoges porcelain in the classic Dresden style and firing it myself for clients. I always thought I'd get back to it when I retired but I don't have the time!!! :lol:

im not :-( i cant draw, i certainly cant sew im rubbish at making bits and pieces like cards or jewellery im sure my mum is ashamed of me lol, but i do give her great nails!!!!

In a word NOPE :lol:
I can't sew, knit, I have no interest in making home made cards etc, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, my art report from school said,'Del tries to the best of her abillity,which isn't much'... although I did take an 'A' level in art when I did my hairdressing and passed :green:

Heaven knows where the idea came from that I could be in any way artistic with hair or nails :lol::lol:
:hug:

im not :-( i cant draw, i certainly cant sew im rubbish at making bits and pieces like cards or jewellery im sure my mum is ashamed of me lol, but i do give her great nails!!!!
:hug:well thats what matters and i bet your mum shows them of with pride xxx

See my first thought was NO but i enjoy sewing and im quite good at embroidering (sp?)and i have made dolls clothes for the girls in the past and i also do all the painting at home ! glossing being my fav !!! but i couldnt paint a picture if you paid me :)

I think I am artistic in other ways yes,
When I was a little girl I was always sketching, I was quite good even If I do say so meself lol.
I was making my own clothes at 14.
When I was pregnant I made my daughters bumper and cot quilt myself I found it cheaper to get a single quilt and some material from the market I got 2 sets out of it, for a couple of quid lol.

Before getting into nails I loved to decorate, I was always changing something, painting a room, or re papering somewhere.
Also calligraphy I used to find that therapeutic when the kids were in bed,

Now I spend most of my free time on nails though,
I do dabble with card making, sewing and now face painting too...

But one thing about me is I get bored on Big jobs.... anything 'big' I get bored, I HATE painting a full room with a roller, yet I LOVE going round all the edges with a tiny brush lol..
The smaller and fiddlier the better !

I do lots of card making, for friends, family and also supply them for sale at a local farm shop and churchy coffee shop. I don't exactly make any money from it though, all just as a hobby really, and I've just got into scrapbooking too x

Wow... so many talented people!! :green:

I'm arty farty. I paint, draw, make gift tags, costume jewelery & ornaments, make candle holders out of wire. I love hand painted nail art b/c it's painting on nails. Not that I have much time for these things... but I do enjoy them :green:

Me too Gabby ... from being a child I knitted, embroidered, crochet, sewed, decorated cakes, painted, macramé, decoupage, mosaics ... anything with my hands. I actually used to make money hand painting Limoges porcelain in the classic Dresden style and firing it myself for clients. I always thought I'd get back to it when I retired but I don't have the time!!! :lol:

Sounds like me. LOL! I've done just about the same as you, except for painting. The only thing I can paint is the house.

Right now, I'm into jewelry making. I love that as you have instant gratification...kinda like nails.

Great thread, BTW! :)

I am inventive. I have an Idea what I want to do and then I use all kinds of handcraft stuff I have over here and just mix all together till I get the result I want. Does that count? *lol*
Well, i draw and do stuff i.e. like scrapbooking, window colors with my own submittals, handcrafts with beads, calligraphy etc
I love to decorate as well. I used Air Brush to make Banners for Friends, design T-Shirts, make Face Painting and a lot of other stuff. Basically a lot of creative Art and handcraft stuff

I'm a little bit arty farty.

Art Class Teacher "Andrea, can you please explain what you have drawn" "It's an apple!!!!!" says Andrea:lol:

Able to draw - no, methodical, hard working, keen eye for detail, appreciate great design yes.

Do my clients get great nail art - no. Do they get well balanced, thin and structured enhancements, no lifting and lovely smile lines - yes. (everyday I still build and improve on the last, perfection keeps running away from me - I guess my ideals and the bar keeps moving:green:)

I appreciate all the beautiful art and likewise a beautifully engineered enhancement. :hug:

When I was a kid I would make something out of anything (newspapers, cardboard, kitchen items, scrap wood and old chothing, etc.) all the time. I used to even build and upholster my own Barbie furniture. As an adult; I have painted in oils, like home remodeling projects, and currently do stained glass work...when I get the time.
:):):)

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

I do not think I am very artistic really, I like to think I have a creative mind but it takes a lot of effort to translate that into something tangible lol

I can not draw to save my life:)
But sewing, knitting, card making, leather carving, baking, decorating, I even clip and groom my own dog :eek: and I was always good at making up stories to keep the kids entertained:green:

I suppose it would depend on your definition of artistic.

I was never very good at 'drawing' in art class... but then, sitting still wasn't my "forte". It wasn't until later years... when I tried again, and focused that I realized that I could draw. Not the greatest, but I can.

My artistic tendencies were in a different direction. I took several years of dancing classical ballet and jazz ballet. Won dance contests. I LOVE writing and have been complimented many times upon my skills with a pen, and have been published. I love music, and have 'piano fingers' and used to dabble at piano and guitar (learning by ear) as I just couldn't pay attention long enough to learn how to read music. It drove my music teacher mad :lol: I used to be able to sing rather well (until I bruised my chords and then took up smoking...) but I don't cause pain now if anyone should hear me singing while housekeeping (in fact, have been teaching my eldest..).

I was 'top' of my hairdressing class, and earned tops also for make up artistry. I was a makeup artist for a small, local, drama troup.

Friends over the years, have often asked for my input on a variety of things: fashion, home decor, help writing something, makeup, hair.....repeatedly saying how I often have brilliant ideas and a flare.. (just wish I had the budget to add that same flare to my own household ROFL)

I have ALWAYS sucked at things like: math, geography, remembering dates (history), science (although I loved science, I stunk at it), and that sort of stuff.

So in short... I believe I'm an artisitic individual, with ecclectic interests. I love to experiment and play. I love for things to be 'original' and hate when everything is the 'same'. I'm just not as talented with a brush or pencil as some, and have to work at it.

Is that an answer to your question?

I have a very artistic side last xmas i made loads of hamper presents for my famil they were wicker baskets and they were all themed i.e the pink hamper, movie night hamper etc.
I also made a sock money by hand it took me 4 hours lol
I also design websites, logos etc

xx

I suppose it would depend on your definition of artistic.

I was never very good at 'drawing' in art class... but then, sitting still wasn't my "forte". It wasn't until later years... when I tried again, and focused that I realized that I could draw. Not the greatest, but I can.

My artistic tendencies were in a different direction. I took several years of dancing classical ballet and jazz ballet. Won dance contests. I LOVE writing and have been complimented many times upon my skills with a pen, and have been published. I love music, and have 'piano fingers' and used to dabble at piano and guitar (learning by ear) as I just couldn't pay attention long enough to learn how to read music. It drove my music teacher mad :lol: I used to be able to sing rather well (until I bruised my chords and then took up smoking...) but I don't cause pain now if anyone should hear me singing while housekeeping (in fact, have been teaching my eldest..).

I was 'top' of my hairdressing class, and earned tops also for make up artistry. I was a makeup artist for a small, local, drama troup.

Friends over the years, have often asked for my input on a variety of things: fashion, home decor, help writing something, makeup, hair.....repeatedly saying how I often have brilliant ideas and a flare.. (just wish I had the budget to add that same flare to my own household ROFL)

I have ALWAYS sucked at things like: math, geography, remembering dates (history), science (although I loved science, I stunk at it), and that sort of stuff.

So in short... I believe I'm an artisitic individual, with ecclectic interests. I love to experiment and play. I love for things to be 'original' and hate when everything is the 'same'. I'm just not as talented with a brush or pencil as some, and have to work at it.

Is that an answer to your question?
wow well i would say thats a great answer to my question xxx

Latest posts

Back