Asked for help, then abused.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I am just having a rant about a situation that happened to me today.

I got a voice mail from someone asking me if i could help them, they use EZ Flow in their salon and were having problems with it. I missed the original call as i was busy and didn't hear my mobile go off. I listened to the message but didn't get back to her straight away as i was busy and wouldn't have time to sort it out straight away. I don't answer my phone when with a client, so ignored the phone when it rang again. When it rang a third time, i answered it but didn't hear anyone on the other end, so hung up. This was all in the space of about 30 minutes. I then get a text from this person, who i don't know, saying how rude i was and unhelpful, how she wasn't in England, so why wouldn't i help her. I then replied saying why i hadn't replied sooner, and didn't like receiving rude texts from people i don't know, just because i couldn't reply straight away. She then said i wouldn't make a very good educator as i wasn't willing to help anyone when they needed it!!

I am always willing to help anyone, and have helped many people on here and others who live near me who are also nail techs, when they have had teething problems with any product, if i am able. But i did think, if this person had done proper training with EZ Flow, then why didn't they get in touch with their original educator? Why be abusive to someone who you don't know??

How would you guys have handled this? I just found this very annoying and a little worrying.

Well it certainly shows a lack of understanding, or even a willingness to understand things from your perspective.

Typical selfish 'me me me' attitude that one gets from many today I'm afraid.

:hug:

Unfortunately its a lot easier to be abusive to someone you don't know and some peeps need to do this to big them selves up, don't worry hun, we think you're lovely:hug:

Take it with a pinch of salt hun,
people like that are not worth worrying about,
i am sure that the people that you have gone out of your way to help are very grateful, :hug:
forget about her and let her and her attitude continue to struggle

How very rude, she probably wanted you to drop everything and give you her undivided attention! Good for you though maintaining your professionalism whilst with your client :hug: xx

how very rude and unprofessional.....unlike yourself hun :hug:

I am always willing to help anyone, and have helped many people on here and others who live near me who are also nail techs, when they have had teething problems with any product, if i am able. But i did think, if this person had done proper training with EZ Flow, then why didn't they get in touch with their original educator? Why be abusive to someone who you don't know??

One of my downfalls is that I always think that other people will be as willing to help and give as much as I will/do. I am continually amazed that this is not reciprocated by others and it used to really upset me if people ever said anything that made me out to be less than competent BUT now I just think "whatever - face bovered???" if I have done the best I can, then noone can expect anymore of me and if they do, then they are not bothering with!

How would you guys have handled this? I just found this very annoying and a little worrying.

In the same way - dealt with client I was carrying out a treatment with and then phoned the other person back - if they were professional, they would have realised that you would need time to be ableto give her your full attention - you couldn't do this when you have a client with you!

In the grand scheme of things, I would look at it as a lucky escape iykwim - have a :hug: I think you did the right thing xxx

some people are so rude...the things they say and because they are like it all the time,they dont even realise they are rude...you handled it in a very professional manner hun,so good for you xxx:hug:

Horrible woman.
Her loss, your definate gain.
You are well out of it

Thanks for your support guys, you are really great. It just makes you doubt yourself and your professionalism when you get someone who is like this.

Being abusive to me, certainly won't make me offer help in the future.

Thanks for your support guys, you are really great. It just makes you doubt yourself and your professionalism when you get someone who is like this.

Being abusive to me, certainly won't make me offer help in the future.
you should have no doubt about your professionalism....you handled it in a better manner than alot of us on here ,so you done your best and you should feel proud of that hun xxx

Your post just shows to me that you are a lovely caring person who obviously loves her industry,

idiots are unfortunatly part of this world!

dont worry about it,

Becki xxx

You didn't deserve that Wendy...and where on earth did they get your contact details from....that's scary!

Sounds very odd to me and I wouldn't sweat about it, we know your integrity and passion and willingness to help xxx:hug:

oh hun the person is obviously a freak , you are lovely and mega helpful so take no notice ,
i ignore my phone if i am with a client ,, it would be rude to answer it !!, and if i got a message like that off a client then i wouldnt want thm as a client xxx

gosh, how rude, and impatient! she sounds like she is under a lot of stress too :p

I don't think you did anything wrong, you were simply giving your client full attention. i think that lady was being very unreasonable! Don't let her upset you, its not worth it, and you already explained the situation to her anyway, nothing more you could have done :)

Thanks Dee and Cathie, it just rattled me. I know she got my details from my website. Sounds like a bit of a stalker really.

Oh well, just need to move on and be the bigger person. I will always help others if i can, or at least point them in the right direction if i can't.

that was cheeky beyond belief:eek:

'hello, this is so and so, drop everything and stop earning money to pay your bills so you can give me some immediate free advice please.:lol:'

and you're not even the person who trained her in the first place !

I wonder if the client was unsatisfied with her and her attitude and was trying to make up excusess with her nails to leave :lol:

She must of alianated not only all the techs locally too her but also a whole countries worth if she needed to contact the UK.... as we would all ring each other, our educators or salon geek buddies !!!

Not a nice person, ignore her and realise some of us are really glad to have people like you out there to call, and we would wait for the reply.
Maggie

God, you'd think she was waiting a week to hear from you! She obviously has no concept of proffesionalism or manners for that matter. You did have a lucky escape and that woman doesnt deserve your precious time so put her to the back of your mind :hug:

Latest posts

Back