Atkins diet recipes for variety

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi peeps.
:sad: just about to embark on a gruelling month on the atkins diet after weighing myself :cry: ive put on so much weight, 3 stone in the last year, due to overeating and illness. And to top it off last week when hubby and I had a week in spain on our own, all inclusive hotel was horrible so had a week eating chips and cheese!!! LMAO !!!
Anyway gonna take action! ive lost serious weight on Atkins before so know i can do it,, however.... i need some variety things i can put together to make it not quite so hard. So suggestions please girls from all you seasoned Atkins gals!!

hi - i struggled with breakfast with this particular diet - though lost loads last year when i went on it - eggs and bacon now make me feel rather sick at the thought of it !

Not much help i know - but interested to know what others on this diet have for breakfast particularly - as i used to get so stuck first thing in the morning as to what to have and variety of what to have !

kx

Thats the trouble with me!! the thought of alot of the foods make me feel abit :green: sick! Especially like you say the eggs and bacon. I would love to know what Rene Zellwegers chef cooks her up, coz she must be sick to death of it by now..lol

one of my faves while on this diet before was chicken breasts wrapped in ham or bacon with cheese.

mmm yeh me too !! all other meals are so easy to organise, its just getting up first thing in the morning wanting to have breakfast, then totally going off key as couldnt think of anything to have to eat !

i used to even try scrambled eggs and corned beef for a little while and omlette - but there's really only so many eggs you can have without them putting you off for life ! i felt like they were forced on me rather than by choice.

I know there are quite a few girls on the site doing this diet or have done this diet so im sure they'll be posting soon !

kx

nailfairy said:
Thats the trouble with me!! the thought of alot of the foods make me feel abit :green: sick! Especially like you say the eggs and bacon. I would love to know what Rene Zellwegers chef cooks her up, coz she must be sick to death of it by now..lol

one of my faves while on this diet before was chicken breasts wrapped in ham or bacon with cheese.

maybe im missing having the food prepared for me ?!! thats why im no good at doing this ! lol

Im sure the Stars have it so much easier, i'd love to have someone live with me 24/7 sorting out my diet and exercise and being there with me every step of the way !

kx

I'd really like to try this diet too - if anyone has any recipes or tips then I would be really interested to read them too. xx

I have been on a low carb diet before....bacon and eggs gets a little bit sickening after a while i know, but why not fry the bacon, make sure it goes crispy then add some tinned tomatoes to the pan at the last minute let the toms bubble for a few mins. Its really tasty, try it.

Also I used to have streaky bacon cooked crispy, with lettuce and tomato and a little mayo for brekkie too.

If you definitley do not want bacon, I used to enjoy greek yogurt (total brand is lowest carb i believe) with some toasted almonds in....quick and easy.

Failing that, Boots have low carb shakes and cereal bars now....also Sainsburys are starting a low carb range too....picked up a leaflet the other day, including things like pizza, icecream, ready meals etc.

Good luck
x

hiya
i'm a cereal freak in the mornings!
i lost a stone 2 yrs ago on a low carb diet, & i continued to eat a small bowl of cornflakes/ branflakes/ special k etc every morning.
at the weekend i would have a late brunch in stead.
because i was consuming sooo many high carb foods b4 i started, eg, white bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, low fat foods etc, it didn't seem to matter that i had cereals for breakfast.
i kept the weight of for 18 mths. however all my travelling since jan has resulted in me putting most of it back on :irked:
i'm starting the gym this month, & cutting the bad carbs again. i'm going on hols in aug, so not long to get started!
liza

Little Angel said:
Hi there

check out this link, loads of recipes on here

http://www.low-carb-diet-recipes.com/atkins_recipe.htm

breakfasts.............hmmmm

pancakes
Crepes
sausages with tomatoes

are a couple i like, am hungry now lol
Thanks for the link, I will be visiting that to investigate tomorrow. I have put on 2 stone in the last 18 months, with most of it going on in the last 6 months....now I can't get into any of my summer clothes and I go away in 4 weeks :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back