Bad habits - confession!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
There I was, quickly cutting my broken nail with a pair of kitchen scissors and I thought - 'this would make the nailgeeks really disgusted' anyone else have any bad beauty habits they wish to confess and get off their chest.:?::D

I bite my nails so have to keep them covered with shellac :wink2:

Well i wouldn't call it a bad habit but I'm sure college lecturers would frown on it, but i walk around with my tint on my brows for half an hour.
* college lecturers pass out *
I also (now this is a bad habit!) bite off any nail polish that i get on my skin :smack:

Lol, I usually leave my black brow tint on for 1/2hr while doing things although I did sit down one night after doing all my waxing only for my husband to look at me and ask what was on my brows!! I did panic lol as it had been on for almost an hour, thought I would end up looking like katie price!! But they were really good!! The things we do in a rush!

Instead of removing my gel nails properly, i bite them off.

I know, horrible.. Sorry nail geeks :green:

Kirsten oxo

Bite and pick my acrylic nails of, I'm much better with shelac lol
Never use my solar oil, unless I've been on here:lol:
I blow on my make up brushes instead of tapping them, only my personal ones though, the guini pigs all get clean ones I promise:smack:

I often fall asleep with a full face of make up on! Is it true that it ages you 8 days each time?.... If so, that would explain alot!! :)

Also, I sometimes pick at my lash extensions, really should learn to practice what I preach!!

I love this thread!!
Everything I tell my clients not to do after whatever treatment, I find myself doing. Biting skin off my fingers, picking my nails, forgetting daily to apply anything to my skin, forgetting my solar oil every morning, somehow remember at night LOL and I never wax! I always shave!
I'm off to hang my head in shame hehe xx

I always overwork my skin if I get a breakout, exfoliating manually, exfoliating mask, squeezing!etc etc ..... classic do as I say not as I do!

I hardly ever get my hair cut..sometimes for months. I am a mobile hairdresser/nail tech and I dont get much time to go to the salon but when I do I realy enjoy it. I also dont have my hair coloured, all the years of college and salons and bleaching etc I decided to cut/grow it all out. x

i often fall asleep with makeup still on i make myself feel better by saying its mineral lol

ALSO a biggie and dont all shout at me but I pick at my eyelash extensions!! as a trainer i know i shouldnt i even try to stop myself but i just cant!!! I am currently nursing my own natural lashes back to health with lash serums as they have big gaps at the moment.

I also wack any old body lotion on regardless of spray tan or not.

ooopsy sorry guys i feel like i have just got alot off my chest!

As I sit here typing this I am pulling and peeling off my nail extensions :eek:

I HATE having any kind of lifting and if for any reason I find some lifting on one of my nails I HAVE to pull it off but then I also HATE having odd nails (one missing) so I end up peeling the rest of them off, I know it would be easier to fix it than to take them all off but I have a 9 month old and a 7 yr old so dont really have the time to do that.
Although I do then give myself a quick manicure and apply a good slick of Solaroil.
Basically everything I tell me clients not to do lol

I have to leave the brow tint on for ages to!! My sister says I look like robbie rotton out of lazy town! Haha but I like then dark and it lasts longer!!

And the worst thing ever! And as a nail tech it looks awfull and people always say erghh look at ur nails! But yes I am a nail biter!! But a very good one! Haha I have stumps there about 5mm of nail on each finger and I have very short nail beds too! And mankie cuticle that I do try to control!! I've bitten my nails since I could open my mouth and have try to stop now and then but I always seem to rip the enhancements off and munch them back down! =(

Although for the past 6 weeks with the help of l+p minx and shellac I have a FREE EDGE!! Omg I've never have a free edge in my life!!! On my little fingerd you can see the nail from the back!! I'm sooo proud of myself! Haha how sad!! But I'm not use to it and its having a bad effect on my eczema as I can now scratch the hell out of my limbs! Not soo good!

Ohh I feel soo naughty tell everyone! Hahahaa
Xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

This is definitely do as I say not as I do!!!! ha ha. Imagine if clients came back what would a geeks reaction be? lol :lol:

I pick my skin off after a chemical peel, so so bad, I was once left with bright pink skin for ages after doing this following a deep peel.

Picking seems to be everyones vice :lol:
I picked my eyelash extensions off too and then got annoyed with myself cos i had gaps and short lashes. I have the LVL treatment now cos you can't pick at that!
I drip candle wax on myself for the pure pleasure of picking it off when it dries. What is it about picking??!!

I often fall asleep with a full face of make up on! Is it true that it ages you 8 days each time?.... If so, that would explain alot!! :)
hmmm, I've had THAT question answered now :lol:

I blow on my make up brushes instead of tapping them
Me too :o But I'm not a Skin Geek so I can use 'ignorance' as my excuse LOL

Instead of removing my gel nails properly, i bite them off.
Guilty as charged :o

This is definitely do as I say not as I do!!!!
Totally :lol:

OK, apart from the above, I have been known (bracing myself!!!) to take a 180 grit to my zone 3 instead of doing proper prep!!! :eek:

ahhh... I feel so cleansed :lol:

This thread should be renamed as GBH (Geeky Bad Habits) lol

Wow you nail geeks have shocked me! You bad bad girls :smack:

this is such a good thread, because we never really know what
our clients do to themselves and then blame us for unsatisfactory service!

I have cut my bikini hair with kitchen scissors (yes i know it gross), bitten off all types of nail enhancements, regularly sleep with make up on, pick off mascara, squeeze and pick etc any type of comedone or ingrowing hair etc ........ but my worse habit has to be lashes. I've had a full set of lashes applied on a saturday (and my lashes are a pig to do lol) and picked the whole lot off by sunday! I also regularly bite my inner lip. Again gross!

But in my defence I never do anything to my hair - maybe coz it costs me loads to have it done so i appreciate it so much more - maybe if i had to pay for beauty treatments i would be more careful!

Haha, I've opened the gates and unleashed all our bad habits!!:twisted: I can't think of too many more beauty bad habits, other than washing my face with soap and cutting/colouring my own hair I'm quite an angel!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back