Benefit Fraudsters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you report a benefit fraudster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
I'm curious to know how many peeps are angry enough about benefit fraudsters to actually RING THE NUMBER and report someone they know to the authorities.

Would you be prepared do it?

You can vote for more than one option in this poll.

Not only would I, but I have - a woman who was living in her boyfriend's house whilst renting out her council house! Not only that, she was also on disability benefits, even though she was working at a nursing home as a carer! As far as I'm concerned it's just straight-forward theft, and when the undeserving take the money it deprives the very people who it's there to help.

I've voted no I wouldn't. I would love to have put everyone should but I know I wouldn't do it myself so don't want to be a hipocrite!:eek:

I would be too scared too, I know its confidential but still!

I wish people would though and it angers me for the reasons martin put.

I guess I believe in karma...more of a b*tch than the benefit police :eek:

Becki xxx

i used to work for a benefit company and used to love reporting some of the people that called in with all these ridiculous dodgy changes (like i've just had 4 children and their all in childcare for £400 a week each!!) to try and get more money, so then they would get investigated.
if they dont get reported by the public usually the company will pick on something
but if their clever and its only a subtle thing they may never get found out

I voted NO, but only because I do know a few people who fraudulently claim benefits and they all very scary people!:eek: I would be too afraid of retribution.

i put i would but only if i had all the facts and thought it was a serious case of fraud with no shame. having worked and paid taxes all my life only to find out when i got made redundant i wasnt entitled to any help its angers me that people think its ok to live off the taxpayers like us. i worked with a guy a couple of years ago who came in as a temp and he said he hadnt worked for 5 years cause he didnt like it. his attitude was awful and he stayed 1 week! surprise surprise said he and his wife fall out if he's out working they get on better when hes not!!!! uh ok then i'll just sit in the office all day working to pay your benefits then so you can go shopping with your wifE!!!!!!!!!!!!! the system was designed to HELP where help is needed not as a wage some people think theyre automatically entitled to so yes i would report them if i had all the facts.

Yes I would and have voted for that.
I have done it once.
Someone who has made a career out of claiming, to the extent of putting a stone in their shoe so they could remember which leg to limp with.:irked:
They were investigated and they still claim, but it did cause the person some grief.:lol:
Some are just so good at it they do it their whole lives.
I once tried to get job seekers allowance........no nothing for me.
The system is not fair especially if you have always been self employed.
So I will keep working.....Like forever x. :lol:
But I don't mind working I love my job now.
x x x :hug: x x x

It's especially annoying for the people that genuinely need the benefits, as they have to jump through so many hoops to get them in the first place, and probably have a much harder time with their application on account of the civil servants having to weed out all the scroungers who take the mick!
Posted via Mobile Device

I voted no,

as I honestly feel its none of my beeswax :hug:

Fate deals with things far better than I can.

I voted no,

as I honestly feel its none of my beeswax :hug:

Fate deals with things far better than I can.

I wish it were so but Sadly ... fate takes its own sweet time and these fraudsters are depriving people right now this minute. Trouble is many people feel detached and don't really feel that it is their money that is being stolen. I work hard .. very hard and like many, feel my hard earned cash is being used by the 'pond life' of our society that are stealing benefits instead of doing an honest days graft.

I voted yes. Why should some low-life steal from the state when the rest of us have to work to pay our way.

I know of 1 person in particular who didn't let on that her very well paid partner was living with her & that she was also working part-time.

Hope it comes back to bite her on the bum.

I'm a great believer in Karma aswell - what goes around comes around!!

I'm a great believer in Karma aswell - what goes around comes around!!

And sometimes we are but the hands of fate ourselves!

I haven't voted yet incidentally; I think a lot would depend on individual circumstances as if I would want to "shop" anyone or not. I don't tend to hold grudges towards people, but I would be more inclined to report someone if they'd shown anti-social behaviour, rather than just getting on with their lives and minding their own business.
Posted via Mobile Device

I voted 'yes I would' but I'm not sure it's always that simple. A few years ago I suspected my brother in-law was somehow getting more than he was entitled to but to report him would have caused my sister in-law more trouble so I let it go.

But, if I knew someone in my street or at school were fraudulently claiming benefits I would report them.

I voted yes, There are so many people that need help that don't get enough. I'd like to think that by reporting one cheat it may help with a genuine claim. I regard reporting these claimants as a social duty.

I voted yes. My uncle (not through blood and have never really spoken to) claimed for years on disability whilst working and got money from my grandparents for helping them out - whilst the rest of us did it for nothing! Someone shopped them in (not us) but he had to pay back alot of money and return his car and hasn't claimed again - whereas when I was made redundant I got sweet f all as my hubby worked full time and he was on minimum wage and because we were under 25 we didn't get anything!!!!!! Or my husband's uncle has been diagnosed with terminal cancer but they have stopped his claim as they think he is fit enough to work :eek: the man is dying and can't walk to the end of the street without getting out of breath!! He's currently appealing it with the help of his consultant. But yet I know a couple who have been on benefits for years and have no intention of working. I think the system sucks!!

I voted No purely because like many others I would be to scared to, even though I know you don't have to disclose your personal info I just now it would be my luck to get talking to the person(s) who I'd shopped & I would go bright red & start stuttering:eek:
It does annoy me so much though, my hubby got made redund & we tried to get council tax benefit, we have no savings or anything & provided the authorities with every bit of info pos (bank stat, mortgage details, paye slips you name it they had it) only to be turned down:cry: & then had a friend bragging about how much money in benefits they had coming in plus her hubby had just come out of army and was accidently been paid by them & from his new job they were bringing in about £6000 per month - hope Karma is on her way round to bite their bums!!

A very contentious issue !!

I have actually voted No!!............which has even surprised me :eek:

Maybe a few months ago I would have been a Yes, but after all that has happened lately I don't think I would fire someone in, unless it was a very serious case.

To be honest after all the Frauds that our 'esteemed 'Members of Parliament have got away with, I really get wound up when I hear the shop a benefit thief ad on the Radio!!

It just screams of double standards,...I mean if you are an MP you can claim expenses for a house you don't even have a mortgage for and only get a slap on the wrist , but if you are a single parent trying your best to get by and you maybe do a few sets of nails on the side for cash you can end up with a criminal record !!!

I know there are more serious cases, but trust me it is usually the easy target that gets caught and gets the book flung at them, and not the serial benefit thieves who are making a fortune. Mainly because there is not enough money to fund the major investigations it would take to get evidence, the Governments is too bust giving it to MP's for their Duck Houses and the like :rolleyes:

Also, there may be cases where people accidentally claim too much, rather than it being a deliberate act to milk the system! Especially if the rules behind a particular benefit are complex and open to interpretation. There is such a lot of bureaucratic red tape involved with some of these benefits, it's quite scary!
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes i would,yes i have and yes i will again:)

Latest posts

Back