Best advice on past experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi I havnt posted fir a long time as I mainly read more now, anyway here's a photo of a friends nails, what would you suggest for the best results on past experience with badly bitten nails like these. Any advice/tips would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317112374.377740.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317112374.377740.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 401
The first thing I did day to her is she needs solar oil which she is picking a mini bottle up on Thursday which I will explain then what's the best action to take. She said she's constantly biting them and longs for nice nails so my ambition is to get her this with her will power not to bite aswell x

Unfortunately nail biters are their own worst enemy and many don't even realise they are doing it, so her will power will have to be at it's strongest, solar oil will help condition them but she has to use it and stop biting! You can get nasty tasting things to put on nails but most will come to like the taste, she could try painting them so she might notice them before they go in her mouth. Maybe a nice manicure as often as she can would make them look better and give her the will to stop or maybe an overlay to give them some protection from her teeth, but she is the only one that can stop the biting... I hope she gets her lovely nails, iv had a few success stories with nail biters but not all will keep with it. Good luck and if she gets there make sure you post a pic :) xx

The first thing I did day to her is she needs solar oil which she is picking a mini bottle up on Thursday which I will explain then what's the best action to take. She said she's constantly biting them and longs for nice nails so my ambition is to get her this with her will power not to bite aswell x

Maybe she could use those solutions that have disgusting taste to them and will stop her from biting the nails. Could be used along with solar oil.:)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Yes a bottle if solar oil. I am a nail bitter but not server has her. You could offer her weekly manicures. also I have read that a lady applied shellac to her daughter who was a nail bitter and this has helped her grow her nails. If you tidy up the cuticle area this would make her nail bed longer in an instant.
Just a thought, I'm new at nails.

Hi, I agree that the cuticles defo need softening and tidying. Also, I had someone like this last week (sooo wish I took before and after pics!) and I used NSI elation tips that I tailored to fit on her tiny nail bed and they barely need any blending in either, which is good as so hard to get into the tiny space. I then did her a hard gel overlay with thin french glitter (but without any free edge) and used a pink mask to elongate her nailbed and made sure to build a really strong apex. The result was fantastic and hopefully seeing her nails looking so good will make her think twice about biting.
HTH xx

How can I get a tip to fit on nothing as there's barely any nail bed will it be just a waste of time and money!, Iv tailored tips before to fit bitten nails but not as bad as this to be honest. I will see her nails on person hopefully Thursday if she comes for solar oil as then I could see how far down they actually are as this is the photo she sent me. Probably going to sugest manicures/polish regular before enhancements. Thanks for advice any more welcome xx

I thought I used to bite mine badly :eek: I have just grown mine (best incentive ever being a nail tech!!) but I left one thumb nail to bite whilst I grew the rest. My thumb nail is still quite badly bitten and there was very little actual nail just like the picture you have shown. Since I got my Shellac, so about 4-6 weeks ago now, I have had my nails painted with it and despite there being no free edge at all on my thumb, it has lasted really well each time and hasn't peeled or lifted.
So I agree with others that maybe Shellac or painted nails might stop her because it has certainly stopped me and my thumb nail is growing more than it has ever done before! I reckon another few weeks and I'll actually have a free edge on that nail for the first time ever.

i have to say that picture could so be my right hand.. i've been growing my left hand for a week (experiment for myself) and i have successfully used sculpt on mine doing the 'sellotape finger hat' instead of a natural nail to fit the form on and build along, there has always been enough strength in the tiny bit of nail bed for short sculpts i found.

i agree with Planky1, being a nail tech is certainly a fab incentive... well for my one hand anyway, so im working on the other this week ;)

I would recommend a really good manicure and sculpted enhancements. You can sculpt an elongated nail bed to give the elusion that her nails are longer and not badly bitten. Then sculpt white tips.

I did this on my stepdaughter and it broke her nail biting habit.

A quick update on her chewed nails she's now got some:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321265441.689986.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321265441.689986.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 244
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321265460.122251.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321265460.122251.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 251
they look loads better....wel done to you both :)

Time for Shellac ... she has done well.

Yes really pleased, she's never had nails in her life and she's over 30. Thanks x

i used to bite my nails like this until i was 15, i tried everything but nothing worked!!!! but then my friends mum told me 'its less dirty to lick your bum hole than bite your nails because your bum hole has a self cleaning action, where as nails touch all sorts of things during the day so you don't know what your putting in your mouth' .... and i never bit my nails ever again.... :lol:

i used to bite my nails like this until i was 15, i tried everything but nothing worked!!!! but then my friends mum told me 'its less dirty to lick your bum hole than bite your nails because your bum hole has a self cleaning action, where as nails touch all sorts of things during the day so you don't know what your putting in your mouth' .... and i never bit my nails ever again.... :lol:

That is hilarious my sides hurt from laughing he he xx

her nails look fab! well done both of u! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Well we finally got some where with her nails and she's soo happy. She hasn't chewed her fingers at all just her thumbs do I had to tip them. She had Gelish on would do you think from the first photo? XImageUploadedBySalonGeek1323631550.435494.jpg

What do you think please ? X

Latest posts

Back