Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ordered twice in 2 weeks & both times I've had to cancel appointments due to hair not arriving in time, one batch was a week late. Hair was ok but really dissapointed with them, service is good though x

This gives merge fear! I've just placed an order for two full fittings.. One next Friday.. One on the 8th.. And they're European so can take up to 7 days to arrive.. Now I'm scared I won't have it in time.. ESP with it being training models and both already having paid in full to cover the costs:(!!xx

This gives merge fear! I've just placed an order for two full fittings.. One next Friday.. One on the 8th.. And they're European so can take up to 7 days to arrive.. Now I'm scared I won't have it in time.. ESP with it being training models and both already having paid in full to cover the costs:(!!xx

Iv used the European and Russian from hairport and the longest iv waited for delivery is 7 days but they did tell me that when I ordered. It's really nice hair the European and the Russian is even better.

Iv used the European and Russian from hairport and the longest iv waited for delivery is 7 days but they did tell me that when I ordered. It's really nice hair the European and the Russian is even better.

Received an email saying they are out of stock of some of the colours in the European so are sending me my FULL order.. 400 strands in Russian at no extra cost :) I am so happy with that service so far.. Now just awaiting delivery and expect it to be approx 7 days anyway :) xx

That's really good ! Russian hair r amazing !!! U prob won't need 200 for full head as russian hair naturally very thick :) sure your clients gunna love them !! :) I've odered a colour ring to start with :) easy to communicate with them through Facebook x

How much was the colour ring? I can't find one on the website but might email them.. I just judged from samples they sent and the colour ring I have just now and the online colour chart.. Hope I'm not too off track.. I'm sure it should be fine.

I know I prob won't need 200, ESP since both girls have quite small thin/normal hair but just thought it would be best to have more just incase, and saves me from getting more for maintenance appointments :) xx

I know I prob won't need 200, ESP since both girls have quite small thin/normal hair but just thought it would be best to have more just incase, and saves me from getting more for maintenance appointments :) xx

I paid £20 inc delivery Hun . I didn't find it on the website and I've inboxes her on Facebook. She emailed me an invoice to pay for it :) hope I'll get it one day next week. x[/QUOTE]

Is that for the European/Russian or just Indian?xx

I emailed them yesterday just to double check my order will defo be here by today as I have 2 fittings tmrw, I got an email back saying we've only sent 1 lot as still waiting for the other lot, I was sp annoyed that they'd not told me. Anyhow it was #1 20" stick tip, so they've sent me 26" double drawn micro loop Indian remy by courier at no extra cost & I recieved it tonight. Like I said their service is good but both times I've ordered I've had a Nitemare! X

What's sjk like in terms of stock then? As they say you need to check before ordering? , many thanks again

Last edited:
Is that for the European/Russian or just Indian?xx

Indian Hun but I'm sure you can get one for others aswel :)[/QUOTE]

Perfect thanks :)! I might fb them and ask then as it would be ideal xx

I think they usually have everything in stock, not sure about 2g though. think it may have to be ordered, youd be better asking them though x

Anybody tried salon 58 hair? If so what's the quality like at 3 months xx

I have been doing extensions and wigs for years now and have tried soooo many suppliers . but for the last 3 years i have only used the supplier listed below as i am pretty confident in their hair.

1. Tasha Jacks
I buy their double drawn russian/ european coloured hair . Although i dont use them very regularly but if i need double drawn i only use Tasha Jacks. Also Tasha is very nice and has always done a perfect colour match.

2. Sanneh hair shop
I buy their Russian virgin ponytails only. I probably order about 2 kilos a month and use for wigs, wefts and hair extensions. I colour without any problems and my clients love this hair on hand tied wefts.

3. Hairextensions-shop
I use them quite regularly and mainly buy their indian remy (as my cheaper option) and indian temple hair.. The indian temple hair is really good quality and sooo soft. I have tried their European hair before which is also lovely.

4. Hair -Development
I very rarely use them but as an emergency this is my back up supplier for European or the indian remy hair. I alsonow go in there to order as have had hair wrongly colour matched before but the hair quality is good.

I have been using these suppliers for years so there has been times there has been a problem with the hair but its easy to sort out by going back to them .
What i have noticed is that people might try somewhere once and not be happy and then just say the hair is rubbish... but it could be possible its a bad batch as its only hair after all..

I really think the only way to know is to get a sample yourself and see the hair as your opinion may not be the same as someone else and you dont really know what the other person has done with the hair before they wasnt happy.

Does anyone know where I could source a number 32, which is a reddish chocolate brown.
The only supplier I can see is I & K and I wouldn't use their hair as the quality isnt good.

Failing that does any supplier colour match to an exact client's hair colour?

Ta Much

I have been doing extensions and wigs for years now and have tried soooo many suppliers . but for the last 3 years i have only used the supplier listed below as i am pretty confident in their hair.

1. Tasha Jacks
I buy their double drawn russian/ european coloured hair . Although i dont use them very regularly but if i need double drawn i only use Tasha Jacks. Also Tasha is very nice and has always done a perfect colour match.

2. Sanneh hair shop
I buy their Russian virgin ponytails only. I probably order about 2 kilos a month and use for wigs, wefts and hair extensions. I colour without any problems and my clients love this hair on hand tied wefts.

3. Hairextensions-shop
I use them quite regularly and mainly buy their indian remy (as my cheaper option) and indian temple hair.. The indian temple hair is really good quality and sooo soft. I have tried their European hair before which is also lovely.

4. Hair -Development
I very rarely use them but as an emergency this is my back up supplier for European or the indian remy hair. I alsonow go in there to order as have had hair wrongly colour matched before but the hair quality is good.

I have been using these suppliers for years so there has been times there has been a problem with the hair but its easy to sort out by going back to them .
What i have noticed is that people might try somewhere once and not be happy and then just say the hair is rubbish... but it could be possible its a bad batch as its only hair after all..

I really think the only way to know is to get a sample yourself and see the hair as your opinion may not be the same as someone else and you dont really know what the other person has done with the hair before they wasnt happy.

Hm, interesting...Sanneh sent me the equivalent of Celebrity Elite, aka known as 'Bohyme' when sold at double the price, when I ordered 'European' hair. It went dry and frizzy after ca. 6 weeks, just like the good ole Celeb Elite does.

Hair Development must be the most overpriced suppliers out there. From their heat connectors (£40 for what is usually £8), everything costs sooo much. The hair is horrible! I started using them last year because it's really convenient that they're a 20min drive away, but every single client I fitted with their hair complained. It wasn't even a case of the blondes going dry and the other colors being ok, every single bundle of hair went dry, knotty and unusable almost instantly.

Hm, interesting...Sanneh sent me the equivalent of Celebrity Elite, aka known as 'Bohyme' when sold at double the price, when I ordered 'European' hair. It went dry and frizzy after ca. 6 weeks, just like the good ole Celeb Elite does.

Hair Development must be the most overpriced suppliers out there. From their heat connectors (£40 for what is usually £8), everything costs sooo much. The hair is horrible! I started using them last year because it's really convenient that they're a 20min drive away, but every single client I fitted with their hair complained. It wasn't even a case of the blondes going dry and the other colors being ok, every single bundle of hair went dry, knotty and unusable almost instantly.

i agree hair development is overpriced. the european double drawn hair whenever i have it is ok .i dont use them anywhere as often as my other suppliers but not had a problem with them when i have. They are not far from me either so i just go in as the colour ring is quite expensive and dont order enough to justify buying it.!

tbh i havent use the european hair much from sanneh hair. But Sanneh have changed the european on their site early Feb and have now gone from european remy to european virgin hair browns only and coloured 613 only. So not much option in colours. I got the european virgin dark brown to test in December and its really nice and my client loves it. But 90 percent of the time i get the russian ponytails but can see myself using the european virgin more if i need a brown.

I generally use hair extensions shop temple hair if they want slightly cheaper then russian as its soo soft that it matches really well with clients who have european hair. it really is nice stuff!

I have never used celeb elite and i know people who swear by the hair and people who didnt like it but not used myself .

i have also got a european weft from russianhairconnections.com and i am testing it in my hair now for about 7/8 weeks and no complaints so far. I also coloured it light brown and still stayed soft.. they sent me a sample of their remy and washed it a few times and was also lovely. so i think il probably start using them as well.

Last edited:
In my opinion You can't compare SJK hair extensions with tasha jacks at all its not in the same league. Tasha jacks hair s amazing and I been using it for years

I made an order from Tasha Jacks last month for a client who has used extensions ever since medical treatment and the hair was shockingly bad. The ends knotted up almost immediately after installation.

That said I would have understood that mistakes happen and that it could just have been a one off dodgy batch, had their response to my complaint been fair and appropriate. However what really upset me was the way the company responded to my complaint about the hair.

They claimed the hair was top quality (when it looked like a horse's tail), blamed me and my client for everything and refused to replace the hair. Its all been a really stressful experience which has reflected badly on my business as well. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just got the price list for the Tasha Jacks hair extension :eek: the price is stupidly expensive !! So no wonder why they can't be compared to any others.i don't think many people would pay that amount of money for their hair done ( well I'm saying about people I know ) so I definitely can't be using them as supplier... I've been looking at SJKs website and I didn't like the actual website ( it looked boring ) but I found their Facebook page and loved it! I want to see more comments about them as I heard they r bad with stocking :-/

The frustrating thing is that I do have some clients who are willing to pay high prices for extensions, but I just don't feel confident enough that I have found a consistent and reliable enough high end supplier to justify recommending them. I've just posted about my nightmare with Tasha Jacks and it has made me really wary of doing another high end job. I'm really happy with my budget, medium priced suppliers, its just I'm not sure where to go for the high end.

I know someone who had their extensions done at Tatiana Hair Extensions and was really happy with the hair, but don't that company source the hair themselves only for their own use rather than going through dealers?? Who are the consistent, reliable top end suppliers??:confused:

I received a sample from lush us (rebellion) today and I gotta say i am really shocked its terrible! So thin and wispy on ends and there's flyaway hairs all up the piece of hair, yet everyone recommends them? Have I just had a bad sample?

I received a sample from lush us (rebellion) today and I gotta say i am really shocked its terrible! So thin and wispy on ends and there's flyaway hairs all up the piece of hair, yet everyone recommends them? Have I just had a bad sample?

No, I wouldn't use them any longer, Hair quality from many suppliers seems to be dropping, So i decided just to stick with my one supplier. I had a 'bad batch' from Lush Us, thought it was ok as were all human and these things happen!! But the second batch of hair I recieved was the same also, so I never ordered from them since :rolleyes:

The frustrating thing is that I do have some clients who are willing to pay high prices for extensions, but I just don't feel confident enough that I have found a consistent and reliable enough high end supplier to justify recommending them. I've just posted about my nightmare with Tasha Jacks and it has made me really wary of doing another high end job. I'm really happy with my budget, medium priced suppliers, its just I'm not sure where to go for the high end.

I know someone who had their extensions done at Tatiana Hair Extensions and was really happy with the hair, but don't that company source the hair themselves only for their own use rather than going through dealers?? Who are the consistent, reliable top end suppliers??:confused:

I've had my own hair done at Tatiana's in the past and I have a few clients who have defected to me from her, and apart from the fact neither Tatiana nor the girls who work for her have any understanding of hair, products or actual extension placement, the hair is nothing special. It's never double drawn, and the quality is pretty much what you'd get with standard hair at a fair price.
It's just that when you've been robbed of >£800, you want to believe that you have amazing hair extensions. I'm not bad mouthing, but I've seen too many bald patches caused by Tatiana&Co, so there is an issue there which I wouldn't take lightly.

No, I wouldn't use them any longer, Hair quality from many suppliers seems to be dropping, So i decided just to stick with my one supplier. I had a 'bad batch' from Lush Us, thought it was ok as were all human and these things happen!! But the second batch of hair I recieved was the same also, so I never ordered from them since :rolleyes:

Ahh okay glad I shared it now then! Lol what suppliers do you use? X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back