Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had such a difficult collaboration with them! First I ordered European hair for 2 sets and was fine. On the next order they charged me more than they told me on the phone when I made the payment. For Platinum blonde they said, but was no platinum there. They didn't wanted to give me the money back and were really nasty with me on the phone, like I had no right. Finally they said that they will charge me 20% less on my next order. So I ordered again, but this time they sent me rubbish hair. which tangled in my client's head and was a big mess. I lost even more money because of them and almost lost a 3 year old client. After that they didn't wanted to change the hair, they just said that it wass my fault that I didn't prepared the hair correctly! I see on this forum that everyone is saying just good things about them, I don't know. But they treated me in a very bad way. I am looking now for a good russian hair supplier. Does anyone know something apart from hair Port by Valentine which I just asked for samples and I see here that she has just good reviews. Cheers xxx:eek:

I was appalled at how aggressive they were on the phone to me. I needed a very specific shade of blonde, decided to phone them up to find out if they stocked it, and instead of trying to help me, they barked at me, asking where I normally get my hair from as if that had anything to do with my inquiry. When I said it depended on how much the client wanted to spend and that some clients don't have much money to spare, they started being abusive.
They gave me a quote and I told them I'd have to ask my client whether she was willing to pay that amount of money, and without even listening they started telling me how my client couldn't buy hair from them because they weren't 'open to the public'. This logic is something only they themselves understand. :irked:
They will never get my business, not with this attitude. I don't expect people to be nice, but I do expect them to be professional.

Last edited:
Reactions: gk3
Please may I remind everyone that naming and shaming is not permitted on Salon Geek. It is for this reason that some of the posts above and below have had to be edited/deleted.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I think its too expensive to retip for microrings. They will only supply you if you have trained with them and they will only train you if you prove your hairdressing qualifications. Have you thought about Tasha Jacks hair if Great lengths is your price range? I heard its good but have been trying for a week now to get on their website but they are apparently having issues! :( xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I need to find out the cost of the Great Lengths course to see if it is going to be a worthwhile investment. What appeals to me is the way they process the hair using an osmosis based technique to lift it. I have a handful of clients who are willing to pay high end, some of whom only want rings. I offer rings at the moment and have also trained in Racoon. I really want to find a good supplier of high end double drawn that I can tip for rings. Ideally I'd like European, Brazillian or Russian but what matters most is the way the supplier process it. You can have top quality hair but if the suppliers knackers it then it is no more use than poor quality hair! So far I'm not having much luck!

Has anyone ever tried hair from Dianne Marshall?

Last edited:
After reading this form I'm thinking of changing from my local supplier to Tasha Jacks! Looking forward to receiving my Russian bonds after Easter! X

Hi every one

Im new to the site but though I would share a recent experience, ive recently changed my hair extention supplier to Hairway 2 Heaven and I must say they are the best ive use so far (and ive been fitting hair for 6 years) they sent me out samples which some suppliers in the past have refused to do LOL and the hair normal arrives with in 2 days, has anyone else used them? and what have they tought :lol:xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading this form I'm thinking of changing from my local supplier to Tasha Jacks! Looking forward to receiving my Russian bonds after Easter! X

You must be referring to quite outdated posts in the very early pages of this thread?? I fear you may end up regretting this decision to buy from TJ. Have you read the more recent posts by myself and several others about the difficulties we have had with Tasha Jacks? Please have a read through them, from about page 17 onwards.

The hair they sent me was awful, continually tangling and matting and I ended up having to remove it from my client after only 6 weeks. It made me look so bad in front of my client, it was all really stressful.

Worse still the company treated me terribly when I complained, were very nasty and rude about me and my client. They point blank refused to replace the hair or accept that they had sold me a horse's tail!

I'm still deciding on a premium supplier for rings, have a few samples on order and will update when I receive them.

Where would you place studio 58 hair? As in budget or mid range? I'm just getting back into extensions and love their hair so far but just trying to work out my pricing... Haven't found anywhere yet to supply virgin or Russian hair that I'm happy with yet x

You must be referring to quite outdated posts in the very early pages of this thread?? I fear you may end up regretting this decision to buy from TJ. Have you read the more recent posts by myself and several others about the difficulties we have had with Tasha Jacks? Please have a read through them, from about page 17 onwards.

The hair they sent me was awful, continually tangling and matting and I ended up having to remove it from my client after only 6 weeks. It made me look so bad in front of my client, it was all really stressful.

Worse still the company treated me terribly when I complained, were very nasty and rude about me and my client. They point blank refused to replace the hair or accept that they had sold me a horse's tail!

I'm still deciding on a premium supplier for rings, have a few samples on order and will update when I receive them.

I have bought off them for years and have never found them t be aggressive with me and they have handled my questions and queries with honesty and integrity. Why didn't you send the hair back to the,them at six weeks for them to have a look at it.

I have bought off them for years and have never found them t be aggressive with me and they have handled my questions and queries with honesty and integrity. Why didn't you send the hair back to the,them at six weeks for them to have a look at it.

The hair was sent straight back when it was removed. They're not admitting any liability of course!

The hair was sent straight back when it was removed. They're not admitting any liability of course!

Did you client follow the aftercare you provided after fitting?

After always having great lengths hair I bough my own prebonded hair from Hairtrade was good price and lovely hair! X

Did you client follow the aftercare you provided after fitting?

This was not the first time my client had extensions, she has been a long term client. She had previously had good wear out of 2 batches of cheaper hair which she maintained in excellent condition. She is a mature 40 something lady (medical patient) and looked after the hair very well, good products, washing technique, conditioning treatments, oil, using an extension brush etc. She got to a point where she was having to brush it 4 times a day because it just got so tangled. The problems appear right after the first wash - clearly whatever TJ put on it to make it look ok when I they sent it to me had washed out and the true state of the hair was revealed. It just looked embarrassingly dreadful because of the split ends so I had to cut off a further 3-4 inches. Even though I did block cut to protect the cuticle etc, split ends appeared within a week again. After the first couple of washes my client lost confidence because of the tangling and matting and so came to me for washing from then on. It was clear that the problem was they had totally overprocessed it. I even wondered if they were having problems and had sent me their budget Chinese hair instead of their premium hair. Of course they will deny everything because I was asking them to not only cover the cost of the hair but my clients fitting and removal expenses. Why should my business absorb the costs of their error when we have done nothing wrong?

Anyway the lesson from all this is that no matter how many good reviews a company has had, it is best to get a sample first and put it through several washes and then see how it looks! Live and learn!

Anybody tried pro salon hair? X

I need to get another supplier, I use studio58 atm but am looking into hairxtensions. There are two colours rings, remy and Indian remy. What one is best? Also do you charge clients different prices depending what hair you use or one set price? X

Id expect remy to just be chinese, . How come your wanting another indian supply?

I like studio58 for indian prebond but am pushing celebrity choice russian wefts atm,

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Id expect remy to just be chinese, . How come your wanting another indian supply?

I like studio58 for indian prebond but am pushing celebrity choice russian wefts atm,

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I thought it would be a good idea to have another supplier just in case. I'm happy with studio58 though x

Does the hair from hair port by valentine last well? And are they nice and thick? Xx

Does the hair from hair port by valentine last well? And are they nice and thick? Xx

The new lux Indian remy is nice, that's 1g strands and pretty thick root to tip, I'm not too keen on there standard remy but the Indian is nice, iv also used the south Russian from hairport which is gorgeous.

I visited the Tasha Jacks offices today to see for myself what i was buying. Their hair does look fab and its sourced from the EU and Russia. They also have indian hair which is a cheaper alternative but i was told openly that you get what you pay for and the indian hair wont last as long as the Euro or Russian.

I thought they were professional and explained everything to me clearly as well as answered all my questions.

Fact of the matter is, one has to simply buy a sample of hair from each brand and test it yourself. So, ive bought from TJ, Foxy, Additional Lengths and Beauty Works to see for myself what i consider to be the best hair.

I took these brands from your posts on this thread and wil report back in my opinion what i liked or disliked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back