Best eyelash glue, lashes, pads etc. Results of my unofficial poll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sky glue and flirties are pretty much the same size but my flirties went off within 6 weeks and then cost me money having to repair clients lashes for free.:(

I believe the flirties is one of the few formaldehyde free glues and has the longest shelf life in the market with up to 9 months if stored correctly and kept airtight but a lot if therapists manage longer and even after the shelf life the glue does not lose the strength just goes harder ;)

As usual there is personal preference so if you have found a glue you like that's fine and keeps your clients happy ;)

Hi lielash. What happens to the flirties glue when it goes off?

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi lielash. What happens to the flirties glue when it goes off?

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

My ladies lashes fell out. Had 4 of my regulars who look after their lashes have the same.

It personal preference when it comes to glues. Some ladies love flirties, some not just gotta find a glue that suits you.

Your clients lashes may have fallen off as you have often said they only need to be bonded by 1-2mm, Flirties train therapists to ensure a good bond is made on the lashes to promote a long life of the extensions. If you do to shake outs adhesive it may be watery and therefore it may also not bond well enough. Maybe it's your technique needs to be tweaked as per different adhesives. I've never had a bottle go "off"

I agree with bonkers, lashes dont just fall out after a few days. Many therapists actually comment that their clients easily manage 4 weeks between infills (we recommend 2-3) andeven then you only have to infill the lashes which have naturally fallen out.
When the glue comes to the end of its shelf life it will just go thicker and harder to work with but it wouldnt affect the strength :hug:

Where is the best place to buy Flirties Adhesive ?

I've used both and personally I prefer sky - sky's shelf life is much longer and the consistency is thinner, I found flirties too glupey and irritated my clients

Sky glue sooooo much cheaper at £16.99

www.shopladylash.co.uk

Thank you so much I am going to go with sky. You arent the first to say its the best. I was going to but flirties but have heard good and nad reviews but only good in sky :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you so much I am going to go with sky. You arent the first to say its the best. I was going to but flirties but have heard good and nad reviews but only good in sky :) xxx

Just make sure it is medically approved glue and safe to use according to European legislation as most Chinese imports don't comply and this might also violate your insurance

Ok yes I will do..never thought of that thanks xx

Ok yes I will do..never thought of that thanks xx

I know, that is unfortunately a common problem and if something goes wrong you will be struggling to take this up with the supplier or get any help locally so its always worth checking if imports are approved and legal here :O)

Your clients lashes may have fallen off as you have often said they only need to be bonded by 1-2mm, Flirties train therapists to ensure a good bond is made on the lashes to promote a long life of the extensions. If you do to shake outs adhesive it may be watery and therefore it may also not bond well enough. Maybe it's your technique needs to be tweaked as per different adhesives. I've never had a bottle go "off"

I always shake my glue thoroughly so I doubt it was this. Flirties was fine for the month I had it but then after that it had gone really glupey and then four of my regulars who care for their lashes lost them all ( wasn't a lash shed either)

Bonding the whole lash is fine as long as that nl is a lovely straight one. When you get clients that have a curved nl you have to only bond at the base to get the uniformity: so if flirties requires the whole lash bonded to adhere it's no use for me with clients with wonky lashes - whereas the sky glue I find I can bond at the base only and I'm getting 4 weeks easy and at times 8 weeks ( I know this from coloured lashes I put in )

I know lots of people love flirties but for me it irritated my clients and I just didn't like it. I've tried lots of glues that I preferred to flirties / but again just my preference for how I lash

I'm not saying flirties is rubbish / far from it, it did the job to start with by financially it wasn't working for me. I think it cost me nearly £xx by the time vat and postage was added.

I think it's up to lash techs to try lots of glues to find what suits them. I've tried lots and for me it seems sky suits my style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've never had an issue with clients with wonky lashes not being able to bond. Far from it and being an educator for the past few years and a therapist for many others I can tell you I think I've seen every type of lash.

I had never heard of sky glue the only review ive seen has been from yourself lielash. However after searching I've found information in it.

Also you mention that you don't patch test because they say you don't need to well attached is information taken from the website stating to patch test 48 hrs before so your insurance may be invalid if you don't patch test. You may want to check this.

Another point I should agree with is that the label is in Chinese/Korean (I apologise for not knowing the difference) so you need to check it fits all the guidelines within this country

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386530008.509646.jpg

This is showing the patch test guidelines for this adhesive ease remember to patch test your clients no amount of money is worth the pain and discomfort you client will be in if they have a reaction

I was wondering if anyone have any advice of good and safe eyelashes extension glue to use on customers? I want to give my customers the best product but was hesitant to buy from online. I would also love samples too. :cool:
Thank you!

Well I've never had an issue with clients with wonky lashes not being able to bond. Far from it and being an educator for the past few years and a therapist for many others I can tell you I think I've seen every type of lash.

I had never heard of sky glue the only review ive seen has been from yourself lielash. However after searching I've found information in it.

Also you mention that you don't patch test because they say you don't need to well attached is information taken from the website stating to patch test 48 hrs before so your insurance may be invalid if you don't patch test. You may want to check this.

Another point I should agree with is that the label is in Chinese/Korean (I apologise for not knowing the difference) so you need to check it fits all the guidelines within this country

I had never heard of sky glue but was recommended it by my volume lash trainer and sampled it and found it to be the best ive used:

As far as I know from speaking to some great lash techs on other forums is that it's very popular in Russia and one of the great glues used for volume lashing.

The advice on the page showing patch testing is from the supplier and not the company that make it - as the supplier is a fellow lash tech that also retails products.

As I'm not required at present to patch test I don't - although I will always patch test anybody that wants it and no doubt this will change to patch testing all clients and when it does il have no problems at all with doing this .

This message is to Beautytrix. I saw in the forum a while ago that you were offering free samples for your eyelashes extension glue. I've been researching different eyelash extension glue in hope of using the best product for my client. Do you think you could give me a free sample of your glue to try? Thanks! :eek:

My biggest worry was the fact the bottle has foreign writing on it so the fact that u mentioned this too has made me even more weary of it! Lol..think I might just go with Flirties xxx

My biggest worry was the fact the bottle has foreign writing on it so the fact that u mentioned this too has made me even more weary of it! Lol..think I might just go with Flirties xxx

I've just received my new bottle of SKY - the bottle has english writing on it! :cool:

I personally think that it's nothing wrong with the fact that it's from Korea - as I know the best eyelash extensions manufacturers are based in Korea.

And Irina Levchuk (!!!) was using and retailing Sky glue - she was the one who's discovered it and made it so popular - we can't doubt her professionalism, she is one of the most excellent and famous lash techs and trainers in the world - she would never use and promote low quality products.

anyway - it's all about the personal taste, I know those who loves Sky and I know those who doesn't like it, so it's nothing to fight about girls!! ;) also there are lots of great glues on the market - 3D lash level 3, lash intervention from lash addict, Blink, Flirties, Sugar lash, lash emporium etc - it worth to try everything and choose the one you prefer better :Grope:

PS and about the shelf life: when the glue is fresh - lashes last very well, when the glue is not fresh - they don't last, they are falling out.. unfortunately it's a fact.. :cry:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/345693978852643/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/459842070755523/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/286832884795219/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/masterlashartists/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lashers/?fref=ts

Girls, these are just some useful groups on facebook you can join and discuss everything about lashes with other lash technicians and show your lash work !!!

PS and check "wake up in make up" forum as well Eyelash Extension Chat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back