Best nail varnish to use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nataliebev

Reaction score
What is the best nail varnish for you to easy apply and last as i want to work for home doing nail extentions and manicures?

Why not try a few of the leading brands. I have my favourite brands for dif reasons. You need to have a good brush, that to me is why i love CND enamels. Love some of the orly colours.

You need to ensure you are using a good base coat and top coat to ensure maximum adhesion and wear out of your polish.

What brands have you tried and what ones did you like and why?:):)

In my opinion...essie and orly x

OPI
Stays on for ever.
But the secret I think is your base and top coat.
Sticky, CND is an outstanding base with and Out The Door topcoat.
isabella

I love OPI.
By the way isn't out the door from INM?

Minette

My favourites -

CND
China Glaze
Nfu-Oh (love the bottle too)

x

The only way to find out is to try as many as you can !

I personally use OPI for my range of colours as it ticks all the boxes for me. There are other ranges I have worked with & like, Jessica, CND, Orly but OPI was the one that gave me the best results, marketing etc.

I love the Nubar range colours are fantastic and the product an absolute dream to work with.

Like Bombini I've tried a number of polish ranges, but my two favourites have been Jessica & OPI. However, your best bet is to try a few different ones & see which ones you find easiest to work with, and which has a range of colours attractive to your clients (mine for example are quite well to do & don't tend to like high fashion colours or bling).

There are a number of good high quality polish ranges, and although for every one of them there has been a post or two from someone who found they didn't last/chipped/bubbled/streaked etc in the main part the ranges are popular & widely used because they do the job. A lot of it comes down to technique.

OPI and CND for me x

OPI from the base coat through to the drip dry drops at the end. Lasts so well and the prowide brushes make it so easy to apply.

Some OPI, but mainly China Glaze and Nfu.Oh (amazing colours and finishes) for me!

Although, I do use CND Stickey base coat and Shiney top coat!

D* xXx

I love to use OPI and China Glaze both are very good and funnily enough have very similar colours, but saying that when I first started I just bought the usual high street polishes and friends and family gave and bought me loads for presents, but you will find one that you preffer to use.

Have fun whilst choosing

Mrs V :hug:

I love China Glaze! But everyone is right try as many as possible and see which you prefer.

i use OPI, the brushes are fab but it definately is about your base and top coat!

New CND Colours are not the old ingredients in a new bottle but brand new 3-free ingredients. They are a lot faster drying which means very thin coats and tightened bottle caps. There are many excellent professional brands out there but the top would definitley be CND, Essie and OPI.

There are many excellent professional brands out there but the top would definitley be CND, Essie and OPI.

I'd like to think Jessica would be counted amongst the top. They've pretty much led the way with the whole 3-free thing, long before most followed on. They are in most top spas & salons around the world, have a large celebrity following, have won InStyle awards for best nail polish range & best topcoat, and are probably one of the best known professional nail brands there is, with many coming in & asking for Jessica. I'd say that pretty much qualifies them for inclusion!

I'd like to think Jessica would be counted amongst the top. They've pretty much led the way with the whole 3-free thing, long before most followed on. They are in most top spas & salons around the world, have a large celebrity following, have won InStyle awards for best nail polish range & best topcoat, and are probably one of the best known professional nail brands there is, with many coming in & asking for Jessica. I'd say that pretty much qualifies them for inclusion!

Sorry Martin - wasnt meaning to ignore Jessica at all - I just wote the first considered globally the best. Jessica is famous in the UK but not as mucg outside of it. Dont take offense :hug: my mistake!:idea:

Just to add something here, my polish collection is in a box stuffed under my bed, never mind why, the point is, two weeks ago my daughter suddenly dicided she 'must' have her toes painted before starting her personal fitness training course. Out came the polishes, they haven't seen the light of day for about a year. I have a bottle of cnd voodoo that I had for about 5 years. Rolled it between my palms applied one coat on top of the cnd sticky and two weeks on, with her feet in trainers all day, daily swimming etc not a chip in site. Now in my book that's quality!

I love Zoya. They are big 3 free, and also do not contain camphor. (special for prego women). I love their base and top as well as the Hurry Up drops. I can usually get very long wear from them. I also love the Qtica natural nail growth stimulator with garlic extract. I own 143 bottles of Zoya, if that tells you anything. lol :D

Latest posts

Back