Bio Sculpture question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lin712

Reaction score
I have been using Bio for a little while now and just wondered what pink is the most popular when doing french? :smack:

Hi probably Rose. not too good for camouflaging the natural nail but Akzentz do one that is pretty good so you could try and contact them if this is why you are asking.

Charlotte x

For french I tend to stick to the clear. I personally didnt like the rose as it went pale and lost its colour over time. Perhaps its changed. I havent used it for ages.

However, if the nail beds are very pale - I have made up my own pink by mixing clear with a drop of bright pink (to just tint the clear to a pink) and apply it to the nail bed only,

It looks fab and can brighten up a faded nail bed. Honest!!

hi i use the clear for some clients and rose for others, totaly depending on client needs.
hths

What's Bio Sculpture like? I'm thinking about doing Brisa for my gel system, but loved the idea of Bio Sculpture's colours. So, I was wondering if it would be an idea to do Brisa then take a course on how to use Bio Sculpture after that.

What would peeps recommend?

Thanks!

Kirst

What's Bio Sculpture like? I'm thinking about doing Brisa for my gel system, but loved the idea of Bio Sculpture's colours. So, I was wondering if it would be an idea to do Brisa then take a course on how to use Bio Sculpture after that.

What would peeps recommend?

Thanks!

Kirst

HI Kirst

Bio and Brisa are 2 totally different gel systems and suit different clients needs, so it would be difficult to compair the two.

I dont use Brisa, only Bio but my understanding is the Brisa would be better for use with tips, if that is what is better for the client and Bio is good for overlays and sculpting, but is a softer gel so not the best option for some clients if they need a gel that is a little harder.

Like yu say Bio is great for colours, so the best option would be to do both, but perfect the application of one first before you move onto the other.

HI Kirst

Bio and Brisa are 2 totally different gel systems and suit different clients needs, so it would be difficult to compair the two.

I dont use Brisa, only Bio but my understanding is the Brisa would be better for use with tips, if that is what is better for the client and Bio is good for overlays and sculpting, but is a softer gel so not the best option for some clients if they need a gel that is a little harder.

Like yu say Bio is great for colours, so the best option would be to do both, but perfect the application of one first before you move onto the other.

Thanks for the info. It's been a real help! :green:

Thanks Pazzy, I am having trouble with the Bio pinks so mixing a bright pink with clear is a great idea! Answer to all my probs
Linda x

Thanks Pazzy, I am having trouble with the Bio pinks so mixing a bright pink with clear is a great idea! Answer to all my probs
Linda x

Just remember its a drop or 2 of pink into the clear and mix. So its a pink tint. You can add a drop of a shimmer too - my clients love it. I even use it on their toes to brighten up the nail beds.

If you have seen the american manicure colours its very similar to that.

Just remember its a drop or 2 of pink into the clear and mix. So its a pink tint.

This is a silly question, but when you mix colours, do you use a fresh pot of clear and add the colour to that, or do you put it in some other container? thx!

Just remember its a drop or 2 of pink into the clear and mix. So its a pink tint.

This is a silly question, but when you mix colours, do you use a fresh pot of clear and add the colour to that, or do you put it in some other container? thx!
Put some in another container, ie an old empty pot x

Just use another pot or just when your running down on clear and theres a bit in the bottom then add the pink and give it a good stir. You wont need much to tint the nail bed area, so it should last well. (keep it quite thin on the nail too)

hello, we find that rose is the most popular french pink however number 2 is catching up fast! We do think though it is personal choice. We also have number 2053 which is a new one out. We hope this helps

Bio Sculpture South

hello, we find that rose is the most popular french pink however number 2 is catching up fast! We do think though it is personal choice. We also have number 2053 which is a new one out. We hope this helps

Bio Sculpture South

whats the new one like then? clear/opaque/pastel/frosted ?

whats the new one like then? clear/opaque/pastel/frosted ?

The new one is called pink silk, it is a subtle sheer pink which can be used for a soft finish. Hope this helps, if you would like to see the colour why not ask your distrubutor for a sample when you next place an order. They will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Bio Sculpture South

Just wanted to say that i think it is great to see someone from Bio on the Nail Geek. Your help will be invaluable. Welcome !!!

My clients normally go for no. 2 but I've persuaded a couple of them to have 2053 as a french and they love it - it's a great wedding day colour too!

We also have number 2053 which is a new one out. We hope this helps

Was sceptical was I first saw this - 2053, in the pot, looked just a bit too 'bubblegum' for a coverage pink for my liking, but (not being one to knock until after I've tried it) I have just tried adding a single layer, for opaque coverage, into a french fill, and its actually verrreeeee nice!

Subtle, slightly shimmery but not overly so, and just enough coverage to mask any minor imperfections in the nail bed. It wouldn't take out anything too dark though, without looking a bit pinky false.

Will be very nice for brides, and I will see how it goes over the next few weeks as I get FE growth...ie if it is appparent, and report back!

Nice one BioSculptureSth! Thanks for the tip!

Bio Sculpture South

I personally never use rose anymore, because I have found that like some of the other pink gels by bio, it has a tendency to 'change colour' in the pot over time.

My once-lovely pinks are now mostly various shades of salmon!!

My distributor (ilona in lancs) has offered to replace, but this has happened repeatedly!!

Any suggestions / explanations?!?!?

Latest posts

Back