Breast Cancer Site needs your help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Zoo

Reaction score
Hi peeps!

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman.

It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a
mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle). This doesn't cost you a
thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits
to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site!

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

Please help....we are lucky that we have the NHS in this country so we shouldn't have to pay but there are alot less fortunate than us.

THANY YOU :hug:

Hi,

What a lovley thought!!!!
It's so nice of you.

I have saved it to my favorites now so i can go on and click on the pink box everyday.

Will do it now

did anyone ready the article in the Sunday Mail You magazine - an extract from a book written by Kate Carr (the book is entitled "It's Not Like That, Actually")

the articles was an extract from her account of coping with a diagnosis of breast cancer and it's aftermath, she describes how her illness and radical treatments had affected her two young children and how she faced up to the agonising possibility of leaving them motherless.

I'm a mummy to two wonderful little girls and after reading this i was in tears.

and sadly less than a month after she finished writing her book she was diagnosed with cancer in her liver and bones but despite receiving treatment she died on 15 september.

Everyone must do whatever they can do to help those who have cancer, however small, because every little really does help.

My bf's mam died lastnight from breast cancer so I for one will also put it in my favourites.

marie111 said:
My bf's mam died lastnight from breast cancer so I for one will also put it in my favourites.

Marie111 I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your boyf and his family at this sad time. Big, big :hug: 's

I had a "regular" come in today. She is stage 3 breast cancer. She hasn't been feeling well lately (lot's of treatments) and said she lost her brother to lung cancer about a week ago. (can't imagine her pain!) Her brother's funeral was today so she came in yesterday for a full set. Said she wanted her nails to look nice for the funeral. She also said that this is the first thing that she has done for herself since being diagnosed. She felt really guilty. I reassured her that it was something that she needed to do for herself, only a small gesture.
I had no idea that I would become so attached to my clients! I just assumed that I would go to work everyday, do a good job, make my money and not have a care in the world! Little did I know that the people that pay my salary would become like family to me. My hubby can't relate. I do know that you all would understand. You all must have had someone that 'touched" you. How do you all "put it away" and carry on?
I am having a hard time.

Thanks Nikki for the link! I will click daily. Marie111, my prayers are with you and your BF's family.
LisaV.

I lost my mum from breast cancer so I`ll be there regularly now i know i can. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction

I'm so sorry my thoughts are with you all
marie111 said:

what a great cause, i have also put it in my favourites list to click everyday.

My nan died from breast cancer two days before I was born! I will do anything to help stop this happening to anyone else! It is posted in my favourites too!

I have too saved it on my link as well as passed the link onto friends and family to do the same - brilliant am really touched and so happy to help x

Hi all, i've just renewed the home page on my site and put some stuff on there to do with the Breast Cancer Care charity. Just to remind everyone of this worthy cause!:wink2:
Take care

Just clicked, will be clicking everyday, sent it to everyone i know, and i bought a t-shirt as well...

love to everyone

Nikki
xx

my mum died 5 years ago from cancer aged 48 (not breast cancer) but all the same if it stops someone else losing their mum i will click on it everyday

I lost my mum recently to cancer too :(
I have added this to my favourites and will click every day.
Thankyou
Jo xx

Thanks everyone for helping with this and passing it on. It is a great cause and we have found with so many of these replies how deeply it affects familys.

Sara Satchell has also posted a thread about Oil of Olay donating 50p for registering your details......every bit helps :wink2:

Thanks again!

I Have saved this in my favs too......
We lost my sister in law on Valentines day this year, due to secondary bone cancer which was the result of her having breast cancer in the first place..............It is heart beaking to see my brother struggle along, without his soul mate of nearly 40 years....
Yes every click will help............So get clicking geeks xxxx

Latest posts

Back