Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please tell me if the new sculpted brisa lite nails will be stronger than traditional brisa gels I know ones a buff off gel and the other is soak able gel and if brisa lite will be replacing brisa? Does anyone know? Thanks xx

No Brisa will not be replaced by Brisa Lite Removable gels because they are different and serve different purposes and therefore they serve different client needs. NOW WE HAVE THE RIGHT PRESCRIPTION FOR EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Yay mine has arrived and i'm already soaking off my bio sculpture!!
will post pics later x

P.s loving the pretty bottles.... so much nicer than Bio!

just used my smoothing pack on a client with shellac and have to say it went on like a dream, even client said that the shellac looked better for it! once again cnd have raised the bar for all others xx

delivery between 14:59 and 15:59, its a long day already!!! and you know its gonna come when i have to pick up small child from the bus stop!! However Guinea pig is coming at 4pm so at least I can play straight away!!!! :D

Just read step by step, that's fine, just wondered why we have a blizzard file in kits! Practicing on daughter this afternoon so will see what happens, have a client for this already Friday!

With gel using the blizzard is doesn't leave a grey residue. I'm not explaining it clear. Sorry :(
Vicki x

I think you are all going to find that you love everything about brisa lite removable gels.

Woohoo I have a shellac lady and she has broken a nail (oh how bad is it to say that :).

However perfect opportunity to use the sculpting gel on her tomorrow morning.
Vicki x

delivery between 14:59 and 15:59, its a long day already!!! and you know its gonna come when i have to pick up small child from the bus stop!! However Guinea pig is coming at 4pm so at least I can play straight away!!!! :D

My delivery is always scheduled for school run time!!

But today it's 15.57-16.57 so can get back in time!

Mine has arrived but Iam stuck at work, might have to fake sickness to run home and play lol!!!

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

Do we shake the top & bottom bottles like Shellac? I noticed my topcoat has a grainy appearance like Shellac when not shook x

mine came at 9am when i was dropping son off but luckily i live in a private close so they left it for me!! was so happy xxx

Do we shake the top & bottom bottles like Shellac? I noticed my topcoat has a grainy appearance like Shellac when not shook x

Yes Shake it to wake it!

Shake the base and top coats the same as you would CND Shellac Base and Top coats.

Ok, thinking about certain clients and how this amazing product is going to solve some of their nail issues.

I have a client who wears shellac perfectly on 8 nails, one finger has a big ridge down the length which can split as it gets to free edge but not majorly so I was thinking BL SMOOTHING gel on this one? The other was squished in a door as a child and half of it doesn't grow so was thinking BL SCULPTING on that one.

Just wanted your opinions on this and similar clients that have different requirements from one nail to the other. Would you use what I said or use sculpting on both? How would you go about charging for separate nails and in regards to different soak off times would you charge more for the extra time even though it was only one nail?

Or am I being stupid and over thinking this entirely! Is it simply charge for shellac service with 2 tips?! Any thoughts?xx

Ok, thinking about certain clients and how this amazing product is going to solve some of their nail issues.

I have a client who wears shellac perfectly on 8 nails, one finger has a big ridge down the length which can split as it gets to free edge but not majorly so I was thinking BL SMOOTHING gel on this one? The other was squished in a door as a child and half of it doesn't grow so was thinking BL SCULPTING on that one.

Just wanted your opinions on this and similar clients that have different requirements from one nail to the other. Would you use what I said or use sculpting on both? How would you go about charging for separate nails and in regards to different soak off times would you charge more for the extra time even though it was only one nail?

Or am I being stupid and over thinking this entirely! Is it simply charge for shellac service with 2 tips?! Any thoughts?xx

Just seen the technical thread by Geeg! Is it possible to move this over? Xx

You could do either Brisa lite Sculpting on one and smoothing on the ridged one or Sculpting on both. Whichever you think would be easiest.

The Brisa Lite Sculpting may take a little longer to remove- but then you will have it out anyway and will be doing a removal anyway.
If it were me, i'd probably just do Brisa lite Sculpting gel on both personally rather then switching pots, an overlay on one and a sculpt on the other.

If you wrap them two up first and unwrap them last there wont be a huge difference in time- if they need a little longer wrapped up you can always begin pepping the other nails while they get the extra couple of minutes wrapped- you will be amazed by the easy removal, as long as you dont make door stops its very quick.
Charge as you usually would for a repair in L+P or Brisa.

Is it not possible to just use Brisa hard gel for splits and repairs? This way the repair won't get soaked off every appointment x

Well I've had a play :) I have soaked off my acrylics I have been wearing for a year now so my nails do feel a little tender without them. I have taken them down short and used the Smoothing system with A shellac colour.

I'm a curious nail tech and like to try things out for myself so on one hand I have finished my Shellac colour off with Shellac topcoat and the other with Brisa Lite topcoat. I know I'm being naughty and I know curiosity killed the cat! :p

Well I've had a play :) I have soaked off my acrylics I have been wearing for a year now so my nails do feel a little tender without them. I have taken them down short and used the Smoothing system with A shellac colour.

I'm a curious nail tech and like to try things out for myself so on one hand I have finished my Shellac colour off with Shellac topcoat and the other with Brisa Lite topcoat. I know I'm being naughty and I know curiosity killed the cat! :p

Any of us can do anything we want, but you will not be following the system or the CND protocols and the top coats are different.

I have a rule ... its called NO SANDWICHES ... I WILL NOT USE products that are not designed for the system I am using. It makes no sense and it is against CND protocols which I trust completely and follow to the letter because I have total trust in CND and that the systems work better together than sandwiches. Maybe you think you know better?

Last edited:
You could do either Brisa lite Sculpting on one and smoothing on the ridged one or Sculpting on both. Whichever you think would be easiest.

The Brisa Lite Sculpting may take a little longer to remove- but then you will have it out anyway and will be doing a removal anyway.
If it were me, i'd probably just do Brisa lite Sculpting gel on both personally rather then switching pots, an overlay on one and a sculpt on the other.

If you wrap them two up first and unwrap them last there wont be a huge difference in time- if they need a little longer wrapped up you can always begin pepping the other nails while they get the extra couple of minutes wrapped- you will be amazed by the easy removal, as long as you dont make door stops its very quick.
Charge as you usually would for a repair in L+P or Brisa.

Thank you so much for your help, I can't wait to play! X

ok so I played yesterday with the sculpting gel on 2 nails and was pretty impressed. I still have a lot of practice to do with regular Brisa yet so my application is far from perfect but it still seemed a lot easier to use than Brisa, kinda stays where you put it!

Now my question is that I applied it just like regular Brisa yesterday, building in the apex and such with the pink, white smile line created with the string technique, but I noticed on the step by steps on CND.com it just says to apply 2 layers of the sculpting gel? Is it actually to be applied like a polish then without building in any shape?

Latest posts

Back