Brisa World Cup Hollywood Toes.... How?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
Ok.... it's 26 days till the world cup kicks off!

I live abroad with a huge ex-pat community, and really feel I can make something out of this. When abroad people seem to become more patriotic for some reason, so I am gonna have a few World Cup themed special offers. A tiny minority of my clients have nail art on their fingers, but 9/10 like a little something on their toes as they are on show all the time here in flip-flops. So...... One of my offers is gonna include Hollywood Toes with a patriotic feel! My questions revolve around application.... When applying dodads to toes, I prefer to use flat stones (tiny little flat sequins) as they don't get knocked off the same as rhinestones can. My normal procedure is.....

Pink - cure
POW tip - cure
Clear - add flat stones - cure
Brisa gloss - cure

Now for example England flag Red on White....

Would you use POW or white sculpting gel?.... would you use a clear before the white? Can I just...

POW/White sculpting - add flat stones - cure
Brisa gloss - cure

Or would this not be long lasting?

In the event of other nationalities where I would need to use a coloured gel, again, should I just go straight in with the colour or a clear first? After the colour am I better putting another layer of clear before flat stones.....

My main concern is that I don't want to bulk up the toes, as I know, I'm not adding strength via an apex or anything....

Ideas and help would be appreciated, thanks guys!!

Not totally sure that I follow your question but I'm thinking brisa paint on white in of a much thinner viscosity for what you want and that is what I go for with French toes.

Also the red brisa bold has amazing pigment for what your doing .

Sorry, that's what I meant by POW... Paint On White, lol!

Yeah, see what you're saying bout the red gel (which I have) But the flat stones give a bit sparkle! So when you say less viscosity, are you saying thin down the POW?

Don't know if they still have them but Sweet Squared had some union jack Minx's made. These would be great for toes!!

Thanks Mum, but it would be World Cup 2014 before I got them here in no-mans land, lol! Great idea for all you UK geeks tho! x

Anyone..... Please.... Pretty please, lol!

S2 would be happy to send out Minx to you and you would get them pronto.

Shellac would be much easier to apply white with a red cross too ... couldnt be easier. Otherwise I personally would use Acrylic paint .. much cheaper and more simple to do and not permanent for a quick change.

Another idea would be to use red rhinestones for the cross on the big toe over a white base and red paint on the smaller ones.

S2 would be happy to send out Minx to you and you would get them pronto.

Shellac would be much easier to apply whute with a red cross too ... couldnt be easier. Otherwise I personally would use Acrylic paint .. much cheaper and more simplke to do and not permanent.

I would totally agree with geeg here.

The Shellac would be instantly dry too - can't do better than that!:wink2:

Thanx Geeg, I really appreciate it, but I live in an unrecognised embargoed state, lol!

I know for a fact that S2 would send them out to me as I have had nothing but excellent dealings with them..... As to whether they ever reached me is another matter, lol!

The "country" that I live in, does not actually exsist if you can believe it! You cannot get a direct flight here, it's illegal! My nearest CND supplier is over 3 hours away and over a passport controlled border that prohibits bringing any items that may be used to procure finances in on this side.... I kid you not!

I have Shellac arriving any second now to my parents in the UK, who are arranging shipping via Turkey ( the only country in the whole world that admits that we exist!) How long this will take is another matter!

I really do appreciate all your help and advice everyone, but at the min, could I have the best practice procedure as to my original question?

By the way Geeg, if you have any influence, the sooner CND make it into Turkey, the easier my life will be, lol!

For info, if any of you are at all interested, this appearred in the papers last week, it might give you a little insight as to where I am stranded....

Whisk yourself away to this picturesque, unspoilt haven for an island fantasy. | News Of The World

And by the way, I am not complaining one little bit, I love my life here, n the fact that I am the only trained CND Master on this side of the island doesn't hurt one bit!XxX

Thanx Geeg, I really appreciate it, but I live in an unrecognised embargoed state, lol!

I know for a fact that S2 would send them out to me as I have had nothing but excellent dealings with them..... As to whether they ever reached me is another matter, lol!

The "country" that I live in, does not actually exsist if you can believe it! You cannot get a direct flight here, it's illegal! My nearest CND supplier is over 3 hours away and over a passport controlled border that prohibits bringing any items that may be used to procure finances in on this side.... I kid you not!

I have Shellac arriving any second now to my parents in the UK, who are arranging shipping via Turkey ( the only country in the whole world that admits that we exist!) How long this will take is another matter!

I really do appreciate all your help and advice everyone, but at the min, could I have the best practice procedure as to my original question?

By the way Geeg, if you have any influence, the sooner CND make it into Turkey, the easier my life will be, lol!

For info, if any of you are at all interested, this appearred in the papers last week, it might give you a little insight as to where I am stranded....

Whisk yourself away to this picturesque, unspoilt haven for an island fantasy. | News Of The World

And by the way, I am not complaining one little bit, I love my life here, n the fact that I am the only trained CND Master on this side of the island doesn't hurt one bit!XxX

Looks idyllic to me!! Lovely. Well it looks like you'll be all set soon . If you want the Union JACK MINX then get them to send to your parents in an envelope to save postage. xx Otherwise I would go the acrylic paint route. I'm sure you an get that where you are in any art shop. As there is no CND distributor where you are, S2 can send you anything you want via someone in Turkey who can post it on?? There must be someone who makes a business of this. Otherwise you can always have things to any address in the uk WHEN SOMEONE IS COMING TO VISIT. XX

WHEN SOMEONE IS COMING TO VISIT. XX

Is that some kind of hint, lol!! Hey, you would be more than welcome Geeg! I moved out here a year ago tomorrow..... Before I came I placed a HUGE order from S2 to come over in my container so that I didn't have to worry about running out of things before I was settled and knew the score... So far, so good!

I actually had major problems getting a work permit, as CND is not recognised here!?!?!? They wanted me to have an NVQ, it took a lot of blood sweat and tears to prove to the government that through my CND masters training I was quite capable of doing my job! Are you aware of any plans of CND having any distribution in Turkey?

I do know the US has a lot of Army bases and therefore army wives here. My CND knowledge has proved to be a huge winner with both them and the Brits, as, sorry to say it, pretty much the only other thing here is NSS. As you may know, there are no copyright laws at all in Turkey, and... as a republic of Turkey the same applies here. People are used to sub standard goods and service. I have been desperately lucky coming here when I have with a brand that people from all over the world can trust!

Is that some kind of hint, lol!! Hey, you would be more than welcome Geeg! I moved out here a year ago tomorrow..... Before I came I placed a HUGE order from S2 to come over in my container so that I didn't have to worry about running out of things before I was settled and knew the score... So far, so good!

I actually had major problems getting a work permit, as CND is not recognised here!?!?!? They wanted me to have an NVQ, it took a lot of blood sweat and tears to prove to the government that through my CND masters training I was quite capable of doing my job! Are you aware of any plans of CND having any distribution in Turkey?

I do know the US has a lot of Army bases and therefore army wives here. My CND knowledge has proved to be a huge winner with both them and the Brits, as, sorry to say it, pretty much the only other thing here is NSS. As you may know, there are no copyright laws at all in Turkey, and... as a republic of Turkey the same applies here. People are used to sub standard goods and service. I have been desperately lucky coming here when I have with a brand that people from all over the world can trust!

Do you want a partner??? lol If we come out your way I will let you know beforehand. We'll come loaded. lol In the meantime let us know if we can help you in any way. xx all the very best .. nice to chat again. Long time.

Thank you so much for your good wishes... And if you ever need any help with distribution on this side of the East, then, hey, I'm your girl!!! Joking aside, there is a huge untapped market here...... Turkish and Cypriot Turkish women take their grooming very seriously.... Unlike the Uk there are more hairdressers and beauticians here than Mobile phone shops.... The Brits are a little reticent to go though as their teaching is what we would call antiquated.... I'm not saying these girls don't love what they do, not at all! I've met some brilliant techs here, but they are still taught to cut all cuticle at every appointment, to slice with a scalpel the sole of the foot, even though they are not chiropodist trained... It's a lack of education, and they are open to new ideas... When I have explained that the cutting of the cuticle encourages more growth, they have not dismissed me... they have listened with interest about the forward steps that have been taken in our industry... x

I would do the nail in white..polish, gel, Shellac whatever system your using then get a striper pen dip in red polish and do the red cross leave to dry and do top coat or clear gel/acrylic etc! Done..thats what I'm doing but on white tips LOL gave it a test run looks fab wouldn't like to try union jack though
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Well of course Northern Cyprus is recognised by Turkey. They invaded it :D

A good friend of mine spent some time in Nicosia and obtained her supplies via the US with no trouble at all. There was a limit of the value of the goods (under $8K I think) but they did not attract any import duties.

You can get direct flights to Ercan from outside Turkey, by the way. It's just not listed as Northern Cyprus, that's all.

The Turks didn't actually invade, as they were already here! That is extremely offensive to the many that lost their homes and their lives. Also it may state that it is a direct flight, but I think you will find that the plane has to land somewhere in Turkey before carrying on into Ercan airport. My postal address is in Turkey, as, as previously stated this part of the island is unrecognised by anyone other than the Turks.

Nicosia is on the south of the Island, so I agree, there would be no problem getting supplies from the US. The divided capital is actually Lefkosa on the North side.

As a simple letter and birthday card are unable to reach me, I would be loath to spend money on products in order for border control to have a pamper party.

Theres 2 sides to everything and hear is prob not the place ,
So back to England nail art lol ,
A thought I had for England nail art (very simple) would be to do a double French red and white,could be easy with the gel as you could cure and then do the other color so not to mix them or let them bleed into each other by mistake,
And I thought this wood be incredibly easy if we had colored dashing diva French wraps because you could use the thick white and then over lap with a red.... Wouldn't that be cool?

Latest posts

Back