Calling all Nimue Salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb Doyle

Reaction score
I am getting more confident now posting threads wont be able to shut me up soon ha ha :green:.
Just wanted to know is everyone happy with the new distributors or not and has anyone one done any training with them yer or not yet???

Ok might not be quite PC to post a thread like this but would be grateful of PM's.
Just to let you know we already use the products and have done for 4 years and just wanted a chat with other salons.

Deb I am not a therapist so i can't buy Nimue although under Hyperion it was bought into the UK and I really loved the products. I just paid £150.00 this week to get more products (not professional ones but the ones I used to use) through a Nimue certified therapist!

I understand that Susan Molyneux (sp?) is a well respected company in the beauty arena. I know that some customers are unhappy with the £75 minimum order that didn't used to exist; I also understand that professional sizes have changed to smaller but this has not been reflected in the price - this is what I have heard... I will be able to clarify next week!

I have always thought Nimue was excellent and the Body Treatment Cream (the one in the jar) is freaking amazing. I hope this helps; I also hope SM do really well with Nimue. Nimue deserve to have a really great distributor in the UK and didn't deserve what happened to them under the previous distributor!

Hi I have Nimue but I started my account in the interim period after the Hyperion Group broke down and before SM took over. I dealt with them direct, which I thought was better. They used to protect accounts by not letting anyone else close by have an account as well. My rep had told me that they would still honour this but not so. SM do not have this policy unless perhaps your spend runs into £000's monthly. SM tell me that few people take it on unless they have the right quals and that they have to pass an exam to use it. My rep was also very good. I received one to one training with her and I miss her support. I have not really dealt with SM a lot since taking over but dealing with them direct from South Africa was very good.

One of my close friends has currently got Neimu in her salon, after the closer of original distributer she starter to order from South Africa, and was still happy. She now is not allowed to order from South Africa as there is a UK distributer Susan M. The problem she has now is the SM do not have UK reps and everything has to be ordered by telesales, salons cannot get to see anything new or being shown any tips. The training is not set up yet too so any new therapist joining have to be shown in house by the salon owner. I do know she is at the end of her tethter. She has 3 skincare lines in the salon, so currently Nemiu is on the back shelf, which is a shame.

They used to protect accounts by not letting anyone else close by have an account as well. My rep had told me that they would still honour this but not so. SM do not have this policy unless perhaps your spend runs into £000's monthly. SM tell me that few people take it on unless they have the right quals and that they have to pass an exam to use it. My rep was also very good. I received one to one training with her and I miss her support. I have not really dealt with SM a lot since taking over but dealing with them direct from South Africa was very good.
This is my biggest problem with SM there are no Rep's and they are willing to give to any salon close by and even if its an ex employee from another salon who has done the training in the past opens next door to you!!!!! I am fuming as I spend £0000's per month with them and they are not willing to support there exsiting customers, they just want to give a good impression to South Africa that the product is doing well.
I absolutly love the products but I am so disappointed with SM as a whole :cry:

Mrs Geek thanks for your reply, yes professional sizes have change and they are smaller and its a pain in the bum as we seem to be ordering new bottles every month, when they were in bigger bottles it lseemed to lasted longer??!!!
The min order level I never knew about, but the £8.75 postage is a big much when your order is over £1000 per month.
I just wish I could have Claire (bear) and Vanessa back I am missing them so much its unture their support was amasing I never felt on my own like I do now.
I am hoping things improve soon. As for training I have one member of staff going in May so I will let you all know what it was like.

Just an idea... how about taking the issues with SM up with Nimue in South Africa? If peeps aren't happy with the UK distribution then that is not going to be good for S.A.

I'm interested in Nimue and I'm an existing SM customer but they can't offer me anything other than an info pack and some tiny sample sachets. So I'm not feeling like coughing up the opening order £££'s

Just an idea... how about taking the issues with SM up with Nimue in South Africa? If peeps aren't happy with the UK distribution then that is not going to be good for S.A.

I'm interested in Nimue and I'm an existing SM customer but they can't offer me anything other than an info pack and some tiny sample sachets. So I'm not feeling like coughing up the opening order £££'s

I am the same as you Zoe, I asked SM how I could possibly trial a new skin care range with one piddly sample, so guess what, they sent me another two - whoppeeee doo!!

Environ on the other hand were fantastic and sent me full sized samples and I was very impressed with the products, however something is pulling me the Nimue route.

I have recently taken on the monu range by susan m, and had my training at the cheltenham head office. The Nimue products were out in the "lounge" area to have a good old look at, and as it is a range I am thinking of adding in the future, was asking a million questions, lol. I found the staff to be very helpful, and the company does have Nimue training dates coming up. They are trying to get reps on board asap, but they have to be highly trained, (as we can imagine, and appreciate) so this is taking a little time. Susan Molyneux, in my experience, has been a fantastic company to work with, and I am more than happy. I think we just need to have a little patience, which i know can be frustrating!

i have heard various things in regards to Irish Nimue distributors; the products are fab though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back