CAn I have some feedback on my *NEW* Logo please?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it, clean sharper lines, looks manly if you get me, though not sure if that's the image your looking for.

I didn't think airlines, I thought Harley Davidson (bikes) but that's not a bad thing

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I have one word to describe it. Fabulous. Its great hun. I love the feeling it gives. I find it feminine yet bold. And its rather top gun. Which can only be a good thing!!! Its great. Love the colors. Id certainly remember it x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I agree with these posts, and I feel with the use of the pink colour you have hit the right mix of masculine and feminine.
Surely then it ticks all the boxes !

Hi guys...

Really useful feedback so thank you. We've had a few people say airline and car things so that's fine.

We've designed it from scratch and it only took us about 4 hours which is fab.

Its not a rebranding as such, we just didn't have like a small logo to put on stationery etc so wanted to come up with something.

My only concern is it's too masculine? Many logo's don't directly link to products but become linked over time but I don't want to put off all my female clients with an OTT manly logo!

See i dont find it at all masculine. i said first of feminine. i think u.have a good balance here. i wouldnt worry about the.aviation resemblance. its why i would remember it. and i think any woman would because of it. and men... they will too. Im going to be really Welsh and say its lush x

Logo is well done and professional looking - just not for medical aesthetics. Reminds me of a basketball team lol!

5 Star Luxury Hotel London, Boutique Hotels in London | Sanderson Hotel London

This hotel was our inspiration. We stayed there recently and the font chosen was similar to theirs. The big bold letters is a deliberate style. I don't necessarily think the logo HAS to link to the aesthetics/beauty industry per se as it will always appear with our branding, style and information on flyers, our paper work and advertisements etc.

We want to do something different, something new and fresh and something that hasn't been done before which from our research hasn't so far. We want to appeal to modern, chic and futuristic type areas of business and we need to stand out in the very cosmopolitan Manchester city centre...

But thank you for everyone taking the time to give some feedback! really appreciated.

...ps as for linking to the aesthetics industry...a lot of the bigger companies out there use coloured blobs or symbols which mean nothing on their own, its only because they are established the logo has more meaning. Many also use a face or some sort of stock picture and we are staying well clear of that because it looks cheap and easy...

...ps as for linking to the aesthetics industry...a lot of the bigger companies out there use coloured blobs or symbols which mean nothing on their own, its only because they are established the logo has more meaning. Many also use a face or some sort of stock picture and we are staying well clear of that because it looks cheap and easy...

I think that is 100% true, when I think of the Aesthetics Industry logos I think of faces etc, yours is different and I like it alot. My 2 fave colours in there also! It makes me think of pilots! Pilots are hot!

It makes a change from seeing the same old stuff,but I like different thats just my personal opinion.

Its your business,you do whatever you think is best =)

i like it , i do think its masculine but its one of them logos you will remember iykwim , well done x

I like it too, its not fussy, the colours are nice and its eyecatching. I think it has a masculine feel but not in a bad way.

I'd agree with some of the comments earlier around airlines / car imagery, although not necessarily a bad thing and I do like colours used which soften it slightly . However the key to advertising (IMO) is if you took away the words, would people still know what it represented?
Also, why is Manchester in bigger font than your name? Is it crucial to include this or is this a strong part of your identity and branding?
Good work for 4 hours!

I like it, with regards to the bold bit above, my first thought was why is Manchester bigger than anything else, which lead me to feel it was a logo for Manchester Airport.

I'd remove Manchester, (who's to say you will always be there???) change that line to say Asthetics, and increase the font size of your name to fill the space left.

Hth

I like it, with regards to the bold bit above, my first thought was why is Manchester bigger than anything else, which lead me to feel it was a logo for Manchester Airport.

I'd remove Manchester, (who's to say you will always be there???) change that line to say Asthetics, and increase the font size of your name to fill the space left.

Hth

Funny you say that! That is exactly the conversation I had with my OH in the car on the way home! we're gonna try that and see!!!

As for the city name bit...we're thinking big and hoping there will be Liverpool, London,....etc hahah

As others have said -Top Gun, would definatley not forget the logo and who/what you are -love that film~ happy thoughts!! :)

It's nice, clean cut and professional looking although I think it's a bit masculine and it does remind me of a car or airline... That said, that's not a BAD thing. I think you need to make it a little clearer on the actual Aesthetics part, but other than that if you like it - roll with it! :)

hi
im sorry, im not sure about it =[

what about something more clean and medical looking?
it doesnt scream botox to me either.
and i dont think its very appealing to women...

i found a link that might be helpful to you =] x

The Anatomy of Medical Logos

i have googled botox logos and practitioners, and mostly they use blue as there colours.. as in this one, a training group for botox

Advanced Botox and Dermal Filler Training Course By Aesthetic Training Academy.

big companies use certain colours and shapes etc because it says something about them to our subconscious
i heard that mac donalds use red and yellow because it makes us hungry or summat.. :/ i dont know, whatever....
but my point is, i know you want to stand out and be different but there is a reason why they do it, and its because it works..

please dont make a mistake you will regret =]

hth xxx

dont hate me :Scared:

It reminds me of an airline to. It actually looks really familiar, it reminds me of something else I just can't think what !

I don't dislike it but if I saw the logo on its own with no mention of the industry it was related to I would instantly think it was something with a male related industry like cars or bikes.

hi
im sorry, im not sure about it =[

what about something more clean and medical looking?
it doesnt scream botox to me either.
and i dont think its very appealing to women...

i found a link that might be helpful to you =] x

The Anatomy of Medical Logos

i have googled botox logos and practitioners, and mostly they use blue as there colours.. as in this one, a training group for botox

Advanced Botox and Dermal Filler Training Course By Aesthetic Training Academy.

big companies use certain colours and shapes etc because it says something about them to our subconscious
i heard that mac donalds use red and yellow because it makes us hungry or summat.. :/ i dont know, whatever....
but my point is, i know you want to stand out and be different but there is a reason why they do it, and its because it works..

please dont make a mistake you will regret =]

hth xxx

dont hate me :Scared:
Hate you?! we wanted feedback!!! there is definitely a logic behind logos and colour choice... we've modified it a little based on some of the feedback and i'm gonna post in a minute but its still more or less the same. Its clear, conscise, using the most current colours and gradients and we're happy with it. It also wont appear without the wording underneath so the words and logo will mutually explain each other so there shouldn't be any confusion over what it means. The masculinity point is valid, but we think the pink causes a kind of contrast to this point, an almost kind of conflict in a sense which is what we also like... our clients are mainly women and gay men and we've had really good feedback from them on the new logo as well.... so we'll see how it goes!!!

It's the exact same as the Bentleys logo.... That's why it remind people of cars....

ETA. Sorry I didn't meant EXACTLY the same. But very similar...

1175-bentley_logo_bw.jpg

Hate you?! we wanted feedback!!! there is definitely a logic behind logos and colour choice... we've modified it a little based on some of the feedback and i'm gonna post in a minute but its still more or less the same. Its clear, conscise, using the most current colours and gradients and we're happy with it. It also wont appear without the wording underneath so the words and logo will mutually explain each other so there shouldn't be any confusion over what it means. The masculinity point is valid, but we think the pink causes a kind of contrast to this point, an almost kind of conflict in a sense which is what we also like... our clients are mainly women and gay men and we've had really good feedback from them on the new logo as well.... so we'll see how it goes!!!

Love it!- well done!!!. Xxxx

OK...this is what we've decided on... and we've had some advice from a graphic design company as well so we're happy with it!

Here goes...

Attachments

• New Logo Black Background.png
    New Logo Black Background.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 104
  • LogoWings White BG-01.png
    LogoWings White BG-01.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 88
Funny you say that! That is exactly the conversation I had with my OH in the car on the way home! we're gonna try that and see!!!

As for the city name bit...we're thinking big and hoping there will be Liverpool, London,....etc hahah

and cardiff!!!

OK...this is what we've decided on... and we've had some advice from a graphic design company as well so we're happy with it!

Here goes...

Love the black one!

Annie xx

Latest posts

Back