Children? Yes, No and why

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Children - yes or no and why

• Hatching at the moment

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Yes from choice

Votes: 145 50.0%
  • Yes not really planned

Votes: 48 16.6%
  • No from choice

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • No not from choice

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 10.3%

• Total voters
I chose other.

I love kids and would love to have them but am scared to death of being pregnant. Dont know why just am :-S

If I do decide to have them I will probably adopt. Thats always been my opinion.

xxx

I voted no from choice, I guess there's plenty of time for me to change my mind but I've never really wanted kids. I have a 3 year old brother which is cool as I look after him quite often, but then hand him back when I've had enough :) The idea of giving birth scares the hell out of me, I don't do self-inflicted pain!

I had my first at 22.He was a lovely suprise he is nearly 12 yrs now.My second son was planned.There's only 22 months between them.I am from a large family and did only want 1 child but my partner is an only child and wanted more so we decided to have my second son soon after the first They are lovely lads and great mates.

i chose 'yes but not planned'. i fell pregnant by accident at 24, but was deffinately ready for it,but me and my partner at the time had split up before i found out i was pregnant,i wanted to go it alone,and it was fine,a little lonely at times,but then i met my husband and we decided to have a child together,i was 26.
even though i love my children to bits,i think i was too young,but also i dont think there is a perfect age.
my husband doesnt want anymore,i think i would, but i hated being pregnant,and im trying to set up my own business,so a baby will only get in the way right now.

I have 2 beautiful, intelligent & perfect little girls. (yes, I'm conceited where my kids are concerned ROFL)

I've always wanted children. As far back as I could remember, I wanted to be a mom.

Prior to my eldest, I had 5 miscarriages and despaired of ever having children. Then had a happy accident when we weren't planning, so that was "whoops". (that's what I said when I saw the test lol).
Since the day she was born, I'm a new person. I can't say as I was surprised by the work I'd have with the job of motherhood etc.. But I was surprised at how it would change me on the inside. When I once was fearless.. I'm fearless no longer.
Then I had another accident LOL and that one was "oh S**t" ROFL which is what I said when I saw the 2nd test and burst into tears because my first pregnancy had been high risk and a nasty delivery. I ended up staying in the hospital for 6days following a 2.5 day labour and delivery... I wanted another one... but was afraid of going through what I went through the first time.
By month 4, I was happy and looking forward to her arrival.
The family joke is that we're going to change their names to "Whoops" and "Oh S**t" respectively:lol:

I would LOVE to have more... but I'm 35, high risk and well.... kids are expensive and since I plan on putting them both in college.... not enough money to put more than 2 in school... so we've stopped here.
They're growing up too fast and breaking my heart.

I wouldn't have it any other way.
Life has new meaning with kids in the picture. Everything is brighter, happier, smells better and tastes better. Life through their eyes is just plain BETTER.

You know sometimes people ask that question "if you could go back and change something in your life...." I wouldn't because I'd be deathly afraid of not ending up with the very same two little girls. They make my soap opera child hood and everything else worth while.

They're a gift. They make me smile, laugh and cry. They make me a better person.

For those that don't want children. I can't say that I understand. Because I really don't. But it's ok. Parenthood is a huge job and I guess like many things, one thing is not necessarily everyone else's cup of tea.

For those who've had difficulty.... hang in there, got my fingers crossed for you that your time will come. The wait will make you appreciate them all that much more.

I choose other because I would like children one day but not yet. Im 22 & way to selfish if i had to choose between new pair of shoes for me or baby it would be me at the moment !

Also I want to have boys & no girls, this is because I have never got along with my own mum and i would hate for the same thing to happen, i wouldn't want to be worried about them getting pregnant & stuff either :)

I think when it comes to a baby health is the most important thing rather than saying I don't want girls because.....I have got 2 boys and everyone said when I was having my second I bet you want a girl and my mother in law said I don't want a grand daughter.I think this is really stupid I didn't care what I was having as long as they were ok babies are precious and I am grateful they are healthy.

I think when it comes to a baby health is the most important thing rather than saying I don't want girls because.....I have got 2 boys and everyone said when I was having my second I bet you want a girl and my mother in law said I don't want a grand daughter.I think this is really stupid I didn't care what I was having as long as they were ok babies are precious and I am grateful they are healthy.

I agree health is the most important thing i wouldn't not want it because it was a girl, i would just prefer boys due to my own experiences.

Yeah I get you.I have a niece she has downs syndrome and I was nervous when I was having my kids not that I don't love my niece but it makes you look at things differently.My sister was only 20 yrs old when she had her which is a bit unusual.I don't want anymore kids myself two is enough for me!

yes from choice, i look at her everyday and cant thank him up there enough for granting me one special miracle.

I wasnt at all maternal in my 20's couldnt see myself with kids, was scared of the whole idea of it was even sure that i probably wouldnt bother having any.

So glad that my outlook on life changed and things worked out differently:green:

Love being a mum.

Amb x

my first was a boy and really wanted my second child to be a boy,as me and my mum arent that close,but my second turned out to be a girl,and i absolutely love her to bits,she is only 3 yrs,but she is gorgeous and funny and also one of my best friends,i thought i couldnt love anyone as much as i love my son but i do. she is hard work because she is very independent,and very strong willed,just like me.
so do not worry girls,your views on what sex your baby is changes when you get to know your baby.learn by your parents mistakes,to make your relationship with your children better than your parents did with you.
thats what i try to do.

I voted yes by choice,
When i was 19 i was told i had Endometriosis which meant i would find it hard to conceve & probably only be fertile for a few more years - i was gutted.
I got married to Jim when I was 20 & I came off the pill & thought nothing of it - thinking it would take ages to be pregnant (if ever), we got married on 10th August 2002 & I found out I was pregnant on 12th November 2002 lol!! didnt take long!!! and i was 6 weeks!!!
I feel so lucky to have Emily - she is my world & I love her so much its sometimes overwhelming lol.
here she is in my new dressing gown lol
Picture 1411.jpg

I have 2 daughters. Joy (7) and Zoe (5)

3 boys ages 11, 9 and 8 from choice although first wasnt planned or the third i was married so it seemed a natural progression.
i did love being pregnant though

I have 3 kids. james 10 Liam 4 and grace 17 months. I am now pregnant with my 4th (I must be mad lol) James was an accident (but a good one) and the rest are all from choice

I have three children with a vast age difference between them (21, 16 & 2). I tried for them all and was very fortunate to have three healthy children. With my youngest he was a oh dear I have turned 40 and I must be over the hill baby. Well actually thats incorrect as I lost the first baby at 12 weeks; James was a omg I have left it too late as I am too old, but after 18 months we were granted James who is truely a Godsend to us, adored and cherrish every part of his life. My hubby would have another one tomorrow if I agreed to trying again.. but I have put my foot down now at almost 45, enough is enough lol!!!

Yes by choice!
I fell pregnant just after we got married and had our beautiful baby girl in 2003(awful labour and scary delivery though!) after 2 miscarriages and a scary pregnancy we had our bonny boy in November 2005! I waited til I was 27 to have my first and even then some days I would freak out and think I'm not ready but as soon as I was able to hold her my whole world changed. My children give me a kind of love no other can, unconditional and I'm proud to be a mother.
My heart does go out to the thousands of couples who remain childless through no choice of their own but I also respect the thousands of women who chose not to have children because its their decision.

I have 3 children by choice.....I have always wanted children....when I was a child myself I told everybody when I grow up I'm going to have a black haired baby girl....well I did just that .....I had mine real young ( started at 18 ) so we did everything together ...now they are older 21,20,17....and they are the best people I know...two of are in the States and I have one in Iraq......I can't belive they are older and have there own lives now.....where has the time gone? I miss them as babies/ small children .......and the smell of sweaty dirt...

Reading these threads makes me wonder why it seems more people have trouble conceiving or staying pregnant nowadays:?:

I was told i only had a 20% chance of becoming pregnant after losing part of my insides! But we have 2 healthy children who basically are my whole world and i feel truly blessed. Not a day goes past without out house being filled with laughter and cuddles.....bit strange as they are 34 and 35! Only kidding, they are 8 and 9 ,not sure for how much longer the cuddles will last!

No by choice.. I'm the eldest of all my cousins by a far way, and so as a child was always lumped in with the 'kiddies' which made me very resentful. I've never been broody or found children appealing for more than 5 minutes if they're being cute and sleepy - once they're awake, nope!

I like the idea of being a mum but at the same time I'm realistic enough to know that I probably wouldn't handle the reality very well. Al and I barely manage our own lives, let alone someone else's! I've had bad depression before which makes me worry I could get bad PND, and I also wouldn't want to pass the pre-disposition on as I know it's in my family. I also worry about the state of the world we live in, and with all the school violence we seem to get these days it seriously puts me off putting a child into that kind of world.

Al is great with kids but even he says he likes being able to hand them back! So we've decided between us that it's just pets for us!

Latest posts

Back