Children's funny words for things

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both my kids call the phone, the "moan" :s lol
Elephant is Ef-ent
My son calls Rabbits, Carrots :s ha!
Can't think of any more but I know there's loads

We currently have
The ding=microwave
Farmer Christmas= Father Christmas
& my friend keeps getting= Baby Chees-us :D

Aww not my child but my cousins son was making a pretend picnic and I asked for marshmallows and he came back an dished me up some pretend "mashmelpillows" so cute!

My sister could never say squirrel she used to call them skiggles. She still can't say it properly at 20!

my friends son can't say chocolate he calls it c*ckc*ck I remember we were out one day and his dad had a bar of chocolate and he started screaming "daddy I want your c*ckc*ck" it was hilarious! We got such funny looks from everyone, I just doubled over crying with laughter whilst his dad went very red faced!

Hi,

My little boy used to call 'happy birthday cake' 'happy happy cake' and just recently he had chicken pox and he called them 'chicken pops'.

Laura

Aw my little boy called them chicken spots. Bless 'em xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

My little boy used to call 'happy birthday cake' 'happy happy cake' and just recently he had chicken pox and he called them 'chicken pops'.

Laura
My 30 yr old Greek friend called me to tell me he had the chicken pops lol he also calls sponge bob fungefog!

Haha these are so funny I always get called biccie from little kids as my names vicki and they just can't say it!
I also got asked once randomly by a child "biccie how do dinosaurs do wee wees?"
And when I worked in a shop and a boy and his mum were leaving she said say thankyou to the lady and he said "thankyou the lady" ☺️ So sweet!

Kids really can't handle our name lol I get wicki, icky and bicci bless them x

We had 'bamphoo' for shampoo
Stan porter instead of transporter
Servature not conservatory
There's loads of them and 20 years on they still stick lol

My 18 month old babbles away and knows all family members. Mummy & daddy are the clearest. Then mamaar for grandma, gangan for grandad, ay-nee - auntie amy, marrr - uncle mark, de - auntie jess, ke-ki - cousin lexi, ninnie - cousin vinnie the only one she doesn't get is uncle joni. We also have raaara for tara the dog. Dedda for peppa pig, garga - in the night garden. Chee for teeth. Kit - buscuit, at - hat, ot - hot. And my favourite - cok lit for chocolate lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I remember babysitting my niece when she was 2 and she kept saying "Nocky", I had no idea what she was going on about and she was getting really frustrated with me, repeating "Nocky, Nocky" over and over again.
Finally my sister came home and translated it meant "Pinocchio"! She had wanted to watch the Pinocchio DVD whereas I kept dragging her off to the loo convinced it meant she wanted to do a wee hahaha

Just remembered another corker . .... Christmas used to be Mismas

My husband took my daughter to watch spurs when she was 5. She came home all excited saying they sang songs. When I asked what they were singing (?!) she said "when wombles blew me army" (she even blew on her arm for the actions!) My husband was in hysterical laughter and said it was actually "Glenn Hoddle's Barmy Army"

Just remembered another corker . .... Christmas used to be Mismas

Awww my 22mo granddaughter calls it that, every time she sees tinsel or decorations :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thought of another one "teeth tush" for toothbrush lol xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

My little girls

Cucumber- cubumber
Doctor- docor
Vitamins- vitnamins
The funniest one was about a year ago she was around 3, my sister at the time was a waitress and when she come over to stay she said to my sister lets play work you can be the "mattress" I couldn't stop laughing she meant waitress!

Another Vicki here that never gets pronounced correctly lol! My current name by one if the wee ones in the family is Diddy and shouts it at the top of her lungs as soon as she gets into the shopping centre I work in haha.

Other funny names have been:
Auntie shanny - Sharon
Chuck - Carrie
Mook - Michael

Vicki :) xx

I'm another Vickie aka Nikki, bikki, kiki, key
Or even funnier pictoria

When I worked in a preschool years ago we were all called 't-shirt' from September intakes... Teacher isn't always the easiest of words ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

My 5 yr old says things wrong all the time. We were having dinner & it was raining, he looked out the window & said "oh daddy its *ucking it down" the ch sound came out as a f!
Cokalola - coke
Wheel - real
Rhinosoerous -rhino

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Cucumber has always been cubiebumber in our house since the eldest was likkle. We all call it that.

I've got a 16 month old and at the moment everything is a variation of the sounds oooos.

Dooose means milk
Oooshhh means shoes
Ooooos means juice

Oh and
Ny ny is night night
BA BA is bye bye

My godson says C*ck for Clock... Funny thing is, he has nappies which have a clock on the front & likes to point out the clock. Poor child :)

Im called all sorts, the most popular appears to be effie. My cousin now 17 calls me Stephie.

Xx

Latest posts

Back