Children's funny words for things

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter calls pins and needles, pins and noodles. Its too cute to correct her.

Another is chicken co**s instead if chicken pox.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
When I'm vacuuming I still call it the "noo-noo" thanks to the tellytubbies when my 11 yr old use to watch it as a toddler. She still can't say "vanilla" and calls it "vallina".:eek:

My 6 yr old, when she was a toddler loved the wooden Russian dolls that you pop into each other. She always called them "mows". No idea why. She has a big collection of them now and in our household that's what they're called.

My mum once went into a bakery and asked for two vallina snices.. so that one stuck forever in our family.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the only child in my family so now even though I'm almost 25 all my baby sayings have stuck around. Blackcurrant squash is 'Daddy's juice' as my dad has always drunk it by the gallon and my grandparents are all called 'Gaga' - it gets very confusing! Apparently I used to call my dummy a 'nummynum' and soap was 'beyubyub' which makes no sense whatsoever! I also went through a stage of thinking every savoury food was chicken pie as my mum says at 2 I suddenly refused to eat anything but chicken pie, so she resorted to telling me every dinner she dished up was chicken pie just to make me eat it - this was very embarrassing once I started having school dinners lol!

My daugther says

Yog yog for yogurt
Arni for leilani (my other daughter)
Bot bot for bottle
Ello for willow (the dog)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello,
My son completed 18 months yesterday. He's not saying any words yet. Well, none that I have identified.
I just can't wait until he starts, he's already too cute just doing funny faces.
At what age did your kids started talking?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

My son used to call my neighbour f***roy instead of fitzroy. 🙊

I too get upset when they learn the right way of pronouncing words.

Ahh this is a cute thread!
My son used to say "blip blobs" for flip flops
"Mee no" for finding Nemo
My daughter used to say Pea Ba for peanut butter
Oh and my nephew used to call my sister Doozie for Susie - soooo cute

Ahh this is a cute thread!
My son used to say "blip blobs" for flip flops
"Mee no" for finding Nemo
My daughter used to say Pea Ba for peanut butter
Oh and my nephew used to call my sister Doozie for Susie - soooo cute

Aw I forgot that one... Sam used to say Mee-no too. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My 2 year old came out with 'chi chin' for pigeon the other day..when my other daughter was a baby she used to call wet wipes 'set sets' (no idea how she got that one!!)

My name is Charlotte and my little sister could never say it so called me 'ag' and still does!!! Xx

My son always said bee-brows instead of eyebrows. And if he wanted to hurry anywhere he would say " mummy get a piggy on " My daughter, when she wanted to be picked up would say " Please can I have a carry you? "
They are 17 and 10 now but as a family we still always say " get a piggy on! ":)

My favorite still is my oldest son (then 1.5) calling my sister 'me you'. He did this because she used to play a game where she would point to him and say 'you' then point to herself and say 'me' and do that back and forth. She played it so much with him that he thought her name was 'me you'. Lol. It progressed to him eventually calling her 'teetee (auntie) me you'.

He doesn't believe us now when we tell him he called her that forever!

Oh! And my now 2 year old sounds like he's saying 'the b*%ch' when talking about 'The Grinch'

My wee cousin says

Nongee for oranges.

Ada instead of Ava for her sister

Hot hot means hurt

Burny hot means hot

Foal instead of fall

She plays on her toy phone and says "heywo????" Lol

She calls iPad the big phone.

My 3yr old calls tomatoes "neetoes" lol xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

My mum has informed me that as a toddler I called my blanket "funny" and now my son has picked this saying up.

My 2yr son calls a teddy monkey wiggle. As his younger brothers nickname is pickle.

Got to love kids x

Leely x

I used to say:

Oot alad which meant fruit salad

and

Sup scetti which meant spaghetti.

Hi,

My little boy used to call 'happy birthday cake' 'happy happy cake' and just recently he had chicken pox and he called them 'chicken pops'.

Laura

Haha these are so funny I always get called biccie from little kids as my names vicki and they just can't say it!
I also got asked once randomly by a child "biccie how do dinosaurs do wee wees?"
And when I worked in a shop and a boy and his mum were leaving she said say thankyou to the lady and he said "thankyou the lady" ☺️ So sweet!

My sister is also called Vicky and my son calls her Dipwee x

Leely x

The other thread on here about annoying phrases or words is proving quite funny so I thought it might be fun to have one about when kids say words wrong, sometimes slightly, sometimes completely, and often to great humorous effect!

Doesn't matter if your kids are grown up now, get thinking and put them on here!

I'll start with a few from when mine were little:-

Wellies - Billies
Triangle - Tingtangle
Biscuit - shi7bic (i kid you not,wait for the next one)
Fishcake - shi7cake :eek: lol
Tomatoes - Bimatoes (I'll never know why!)
Hospital - Ossadot

Can't wait to read yours!!

I'm sure there were more but these are the first that spring to mind!

My daughter says bit****s for biscuits lol

Latest posts

Back