China Glaze Crackle v Barry M

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
After using the black Barry M in my salon for months with great success, i was so happy to hear China Glaze were doing colours that would fit nicely in my china Glaze rack and look professional.

Well, im disappointed, Barry M is much better. The strokes with CG look not so good, very inconsistant and takes ages to crackle in comparison. Oh and one or two didnt even crackle!!

So for me Barry m is best. I find i can do thick and large crackles or thin and many crackles, just more consistant pattern.

Does anyone know if Barry M are bring out more colours?

Im wearing Gold China Glaze with the Aqua Crackle over and it looks not nice :/

After using the black Barry M in my salon for months with great success, i was so happy to hear China Glaze were doing colours that would fit nicely in my china Glaze rack and look professional.

Well, im disappointed, Barry M is much better. The strokes with CG look not so good, very inconsistant and takes ages to crackle in comparison. Oh and one or two didnt even crackle!!

So for me Barry m is best. I find i can do thick and large crackles or thin and many crackles, just more consistant pattern.

I still haven't bought this product, everytime I'm in town I forget then when I get home I rememeber lol. Barry M have brought out 3 more crackle effect colours. White, pink and blue. They are on their website - HTH :green:

I have the china glaze in white and its turned so thick and looks like tipex. Im not too impressed so im going to try opi

Thanks for this thread as I couldnt decide which one to try first! I love Barrym anyway so I shall look forward to trying it.

Oooooh Thank you for that i was going to get some:rolleyes:, I also use Bary M & also OPI XX

Ive used china glaze and i quite prefer china glaze crackle polish to OPI. Ive had no problems either x

i struggled for so long to get hold of opi black shatter that i bought barry m effects and i was really impressed by it.really easy to use and very effective.
as i use some china glaze polishes with success i couldnt wait to get my hands on there crackle so i went and bought one in every colour got home and tried it straight away and well lets just say that i wont be buying anymore even if they bring out more colours.
in my opinion it doesnt even crackle properly and you can hardly see the colour underneath against the crackle colour where it covers the nail so much.so i tried applying less or more crackle and it doesnt make any difference.
i finally got my hands on the opi shatter and i love it compared to barry m it gives many more little cracks but both are great to use depending on how dramatic you want the result

I agree, shatter was much thicker and with this the secret seems to be a thin application, which was hard with shatter, Barry M version was much better, I havnt tried the china glaze version, seems to have a lot of cood colour options as well

hii have the opi black shatter glaze but want some more colours dose anyone know where i can get barry m from??

I was going to buy china glaze crackle one of each colour but dont think I will bother after reading these threads. I have opi black shatter would b nice if there was more colours with opi. Perhaps I will try Barry m.

I just have the Barry M one, but it's not working!! :-( Am I being silly?! I shook the bottle and just applied it in 3 stripes like I would any polish. Is there a technique to it?

Xx

Models own have also brought a whole range of crackle colours out they look fab. At the moment Barry m is my fav but am looking forward to tryin models own as their colour range is fantastic x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I noticed Barry M have now released a white, pink and blue crackle

xxx

Barry m you can get in superdrug and probably other high st stores. I have crackle glaze from nails Inc and it's fab, they do other colours too. Opi new set look nice but no doubt they will 'sell out' and have us all waiting months! They can't afford to do that really now with so many other companies selling them x

I have just got white barry m from superdrug today I got opi black and silver at the trade show at nec but loved the white they showed in this months scratch but the white one isnt out yet in the opi x ps superdrug had loads all colours today x

I've just got the white barry m crackle and although it's still pretty good, i don't like it as much as the black...

I have the OPI , China glaze and also barry M shatter polish , and i find OPI and china glaze lovely. Barry M i aint so keen on x

Yes, you can buy Barry M in black, white, blue and pink. Superdrug stores them and Top Shop.

Ive just bought barry m black crackle glaze from amazon - they had the pink and white aswell-free postage and it will be here tomoz or tues without even leaving the house - gotta love amazon!:)

Opi are just about to bring out a silver version!

Latest posts

Back