chocolate facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

july

Reaction score
Guys, what do you think of chocolate facials?? Jean D'arcel offer a chocolate facial range, I've called them and a lovely gentleman talked for 1/2hr with me about it. The starting package is £98+VAT -including 1 salon product and 1 retail product (3 products in total). He said the total cost of a facial is £0.86, I asked him to send me some samples.
What's your opinion on it? Is there demand for it? I personally ave one becuase I'm a chocolate addict, but would anybody else?
Cheers
Jules

In my opinion, Choc treatments are a bit 2005. Everyone goes " Mmmmm, chocolate" but they don't actually book the treatments. Hope that helps hun. x

I dont actually know of anyone who has had a chocolate facial.
Would this be the only facial you would offer? - just think it might put a lot of potential clients off if they dont like chocolate. I personally love chocolate but dont fancy a choc facial sounds sticky, sickly and messy, I dont think I would feel relaxed smelling like Cadbury world - just my opinion though.

I know that Karin Herzog have a chocolate range as well as their main range, might be worth a look?

Hiya, thanks for your replies! No, it wouldn't be the only facials I'd offer, I curently have Moor spa, lovely prodcuts, but I thought of having it something different to offer.
Many thanks

Id go for it but id prob w:green: anna lick it all off too as i too would love to smell of cadburys

i think the reality of it is different to the fantasy, i wouldnt bother wasting your money, but its completely up to you at the end of the day hunny!!

Id rather have a sweet smell of chocolate drifting through me nostrils than cucumber

lisa30 said:
Id rather have a sweet smell of chocolate drifting through me nostrils than cucumber

Na, I'd much prefere the fresh smell of cumcumber. Thick, heavy sticky chocolate... Reminds me of cleaning up the little one:rolleyes: ! Time in the salon is mean to help me forget about him!! lol It would just make me feel like my pores are being clogged up. Even though I know that this can't be the reality. Also, if I were on a diet, it would absolutely trash it!! Straight round the corner shop when I'm all done.x

I fell in love with a chocolate massage that I had done once and made it my mission to introduce it into my treatments. I tracked it down to a company called Gerrards and spent more than enough money getting all the stuff required. In the year that I have offered it I have done a grand total of 9! I agree that a lot of people love the idea and coo over the chocolate, but dont actually book the treatments. It makes a mess if you have white towells aswell!

A chocolate facial is not what i would personally go for, but maybe some people will. Probably a lot less people though. I agree with some of the replies, it would make me think my pores were being clogged even though thyey wouldnt be. Its up to you but i wouldnt go for it as a customer.

Interesting thread! I was thinking of selling products for chocolate manicures and pedis, and am now having second thoughts. I would have thought they would have been really popular, an indulgence almost. Or is it just for a facial, you don't fancy having it slathered with chocolate?

The scent facials mani and pedi are good thing to I have on the menu i offer the chocolate pedicure and manicure in Feb w/ champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and it a big seller and Nov and DEC i offer spic cider and candy cane. so the are good to have but mines are seasonal.

I would prefer a chocolate manicure and pedicure than chocolate facial - i don't think i would feel so clean and fresh with chocolate facial, but thats my opinion.

Tanita said:
I would prefer a chocolate manicure and pedicure than chocolate facial - i don't think i would feel so clean and fresh with chocolate facial, but thats my opinion.

Yeah i agree your supposed to feel relaxed and refreshed during and after a facial and i just dont think that a choc facial would do the job for me i would probably lick it off aswell or i would be having a dab of it while the beutician was not looking and i would have streaky bits down me cheeks from where i wiped it lol:rolleyes:

Yeah! :lol: I think its better to eat chocolate, i can't imagine having my face covered with chocolate... But my hands and feet are ok with it! :green:

july said:
Guys, what do you think of chocolate facials?? Jean D'arcel offer a chocolate facial range, I've called them and a lovely gentleman talked for 1/2hr with me about it. The starting package is £98+VAT -including 1 salon product and 1 retail product (3 products in total). He said the total cost of a facial is £0.86, I asked him to send me some samples.
What's your opinion on it? Is there demand for it? I personally ave one becuase I'm a chocolate addict, but would anybody else?
Cheers
Jules
I didnt know they did this !"!! i knew about it for your feet! I think if i went to a salon that offred it id have a bash ill try anything once lol x:green:

I had heard that cocoa is supposed be good for the skin...Karin herzog do chocolate facials but I would have thought the smell of choccy would be subtle rather than sickly.

Definitely prefer to eat it rather than having it smudged all over my face!

These treatments always sound lovely and luxurios, the trouble is that you have to go out of your way a bit to get the products.

A nicely scented normal facial product wont go a-miss for me!

Tanita said:
Yeah! :lol: I think its better to eat chocolate, i can't imagine having my face covered with chocolate... But my hands and feet are ok with it! :green:
it's not real chocolate it's scented

cabinkel said:
I fell in love with a chocolate massage that I had done once and made it my mission to introduce it into my treatments. I tracked it down to a company called Gerrards and spent more than enough money getting all the stuff required. In the year that I have offered it I have done a grand total of 9! I agree that a lot of people love the idea and coo over the chocolate, but dont actually book the treatments. It makes a mess if you have white towells aswell!

Do you have contact details for Gerrards?? I am struggling to find a UK supplier for chocolate products to use in mani/ped.

Latest posts

Back