****Christmas gifts for clients ****

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy_dizzy

Reaction score
✰ Have you done this before?

★ What did you give?

✰ Did you give something for all clients or just a few?

★ If it was just a few how did you pick who?

I got items in the past for my regulars or clients that spend alot, on items that are essential for their treatments like solar oil, nail files, nail varnishes etc. But this year ive chosen if they spend over £xx amount then they are entiltled to my sparitual chakra sample packets great for stocking fillers this year. The guys are happy with my tanning lotions/shampoo gift sets. Rather everyone get a lil something somthing!

I give gifts every Christmas to my regulars. I give a mini gift bag of a crystal nail file for their handbag (which I think are utter crap, but my clients like), a mini solar oil and a small OPI scented hand lotion all tied up with pretty ribbon.

But this year ive chosen if they spend over £xx amount then they are entiltled to my sparitual chakra sample packets great for stocking fillers this year. The guys are happy with my tanning lotions/shampoo gift sets. Rather everyone get a lil something somthing!

Thanks for replying Girls :)
I was worried that no one would join my early xmass chat lol

Do you mean clients that spend over a cirtian amount will get a free gift ?
Regardless of them being regular or not?

I like it ! This could definitely be a good idea !

I did little gift bags with the tiny CND show bags last year with xmass tissue paper and snowflake confetti , mini solar , mini sticky , mini shiny , and mini heel therapy ,
and a card but
Last December I had only just moved here and only had all of about 5 clients lol

And there's no point giving mini sticky or shiny this year there base / top coats
As most of my clients are Gelish/ shellac lol

I give a top coat or cuticle oil or a sachet of hand mask and a file or some other small nail related thing. I write a card to say how grateful i am for their loyalty throughout the year.

All my clients are regular and i give to everyone of them.

Previous years I have given all me reg clients a gift voucher in a christmas card but this year I would like to do something different but havent got a clue what!

Sent from my U20i using SalonGeek

It's crazy but I've been thinking the same. I normally give a voucher off to use in January and feb but wanted to do somethingdifferent this year.

Like the little gift bag idea's.

I would like to give a little gift to my regulars but don't know what or how much to spend, do you guys have a budget that you set aside for this?

I normally buy a heap of lucky dip lottery tickets and put one in each card. The guy in the garage thinks i'm crazy but the clients like the gesture and a few have said if they win they'll fly me out to their holiday homes to do their hair!
It's a small gesture but it seems to work!

I normally buy a heap of lucky dip lottery tickets and put one in each card. The guy in the garage thinks i'm crazy but the clients like the gesture and a few have said if they win they'll fly me out to their holiday homes to do their hair!

I do this for family at Christmas and put them in our Christmas crackers, thank you cards etc. but I would be turning up on the doorstep of a client if they won, saying remember me...........:lol:

I give various samples to my regulars each time they come in and have a treatment so it would be natural for me to give a little something at Christmas for my most loyal customers.

I have just ordered a load of Christmas retail and packaging today as Christmas retail has begun here but I will be disciplined and wait til November........maybe!!!

I guess I should start planning my Holiday season stuff.

I am bringing lash extensions into the salon in October. I was going to do a Christmas special with ruby red rockstar toes, and then a set of lashes.

I ban everyone in my house from talking about Christmas until after my birthday on 28 nov :)

I love the lottery tickets, that's super cool! I might do that as presents for the family this year if I'm still as skint as I am now haha!

I think the vouchers for jan/feb are good for quiet times with maybe a nail file and pinkie solar oil in a little bag? Those are my fave :) x

R these scratch offs? Great idea! Too bad they're $1 each here I'd go broke! Lol

I ban everyone in my house from talking about Christmas until after my birthday on 28 nov :)

I'm not the type to buy family gifts or orgonize anything at all Untill about December!
BUT in buissness you shuld always be about a season ahead that way offers ect are ready at the time ,

Xmass is always a crazy buisy time I know I won't have time to make orders let alone think about offers lol

Do any of you advertise though your gifts?

A logo on your xmass cards or anything ?

One idea I had was a gift for the client and a small printed "pass it on " gift certificate maybe €5 off a treatment that they can gift to a freind , that way may bring new clients?

I really do like the idea of giving a gift for spending X amount it's much better than stupid discounting in the buisy season, when you shuld be charging full price ,

R these scratch offs? Great idea! Too bad they're $1 each here I'd go broke! Lol

I used to do lottery tickets / scratch cards in birthday cards for familly ,
in England there beetween £1 to 5 or £10 and you can Normaly get nice sessional ones.
but here there in German my American clients (80% of my clients) wouldn't get it , also as non Europeans there is red tape as to if there ok to collect the cash prize ,over a cirtian amount you are supposed to be a citizen of the EU,
alot are NOT here on passports or visas but on Military orders ,

But I think they would be really cool client gifts maybe in a really nice card saying thank you like
angel fingers said ,

I have just ordered a load of Christmas retail and packaging today as Christmas retail has begun here but I will be disciplined and wait til November........maybe!!!

Where did you ge tyour retail packaging from?

If you don't want to share on here could you PM me please?

A company has recently moved in the offices above my salon. They do anything you want personalised. I've had some flyers and also name badges for my staff from them. They are really good quality.

For Xmas I'm thinking of getting some personalised nail files (although I'm a hair salon) and giving them out to customers with my Xmas cards. A little something for customers but also a bit of advertising for me!
I love the idea of a discount voucher for Jan/Feb, so I might do that as well!

Their website is www.funkyconcepts.com and they are on Facebook and Twitter as well. I could get carried away because they do loads of cool stuff!

We also have mulled wine and baileys coffee in December with mince pies, all the customers love it!x

I love the pass it on Idea, I may just use that myself :green:

I will get little gifts for my regulars and a card. I only work part time so at busy times I can work more hours if I want, so get seasonal clients that just have bits done for occasions and one off's, I dont think it would be viable for me to buy gifts for all clients for this reason.

I'll probably get them something that will relate to the treatments they have, i.e spraytan clients an exfoliator/moisturiser gift set, shellac client- hand cream/ file type of thing.
I'll be waiting to see what CND launch for Christmas as I like to keep consistent with what I use on clients and its also a good opportunity for them to try things they may otherwise not, and so future retail opportunity.

I love giving gifts!

I really do like the idea of giving a gift for spending X amount it's much better than stupid discounting in the buisy season, when you shuld be charging full price ,

Exactly! Christmas is when I make the most money. We don't discount ANYTHING at our salon & spa. I give little tokens of my appreciation, like I mentioned above, to my regulars ONLY. If you're an occasional client, you get nothing from me. If you come see me like clockwork, I'll show you I appreciate it. Clients appreciate little gestures. You don't have to do anything big.

I pick up the items for my little Christmas goody bags throughout the year when I see them on special or clearance.

Latest posts

Back