Cleaner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you/could you have a cleaner

• Total voters

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I hate, hate, hate, housework!

Number one on my wishlist is to have a cleaner, just wondered if anyone had one, or are you all Monica's!

I love cleaning, infact up till a few months ago i had a cleaning habbit and had to clean every day.
Near bloody killed me to become more relaxed within my house and not worry if there is a crumb on the floor or a finger print on the patio doors.

Not only that, once you have done and you have that lovely clean smell of bleach and cleaning products its bliss!

I wouldn't have a cleaner as sometimes I hate it other times I adore it!

I'd LOVE a cleaner - although I would have to tidy up before she came!!!!! If I could afford it I definintely would....... There's not an option to vote for that though - can't vote considering 'cos we aren't at the mo! Housework is most definitely a chore for me.....

I used to have one, but can't justify it now because I'm here so much - can't say the house looks like I'm here a lot though and besides HRH would only want to play with them.:)

I have had a cleaner for the last 10 years and I couldn't do without her. I have never been so tidy as I always tidy before she comes in twice a week. She does the horrible cleaning which I hate.

She is off sick this week and I am missing her like mad... not much cleaning done though.. just surface tidying.. (I am a lazy sloath!) :irked:

We have a cleaner, Ruth, and she is brilliant. She's frightfully bossy - today she said to me "don't you walk on that floor, I've just cleaned it" and "I'm sick of your bedroom being so untidy so I've tidied it up. Don't go messing it up!"
Yessir!

I voted it's something I would consider as I too hate housework.

It's such a thankless task, no sooner is it done, it needs doing again - especially with a 3 & 5 yr old putting dirty fingers everywhere & dropping crumbs just after you've hoovered :irked:.

It's much more fun being on geek or out in the garden, or basically anything else is much more fun :)

I love cleaning, BUT, if I could afford it, then I would have a cleaner, BUT, I would probably clean before she came, so she didnt think I lived in a pig sty! lol!

I hate ironing, BUT, I would never pay someone to iron for me!

Cleaning gives me a huge satisfaction, I love the smell of polish and Mr.Muscle window and glass cleaner!!

HOUSEWORK IS AN INVENTION OF THE DEVIL DESIGNED TO TORMENT ME

I dont like cleaning, but then again I dont mind it.

Dont really think I'd like someone cleaning my house as I'm sure they wont do it the way I do!

My sister comes over from America for Xmas and gives my house a good clean - she does behind the wardrobes, under the bed you name it! So maybe I'm not doing such a good job afterall!:)

i have a cleaner:green:

my good old mum she is a DIAMOND:hug::hug:

Have to say i LOVE walking in when she's been

I voted....

No way, I love cleaning! I have OCD and I have to clean every single day without fail or I begin to feel "uncomfortable". Also, the thought of someone else cleaning my house would make me ill. I know that sounds a tad strong but it really does! I have to know that every nook and cranny has been cleaned/disinfected etc, which why I never use mops on the floors. Always cloths to get into the corners then toss them away!!:eek::rolleyes:

Having said all that, I do actually really enjoy it. I find it relaxes me. xx

Used to have one, dont anymore, :cry: as Im in a small flat you wouldnt think I would need one. dont you believe it, I would have one in a shot if I could justify it :lol:

I have been seriously considering one for a while. My mum did offer as she is a complete tidy freak but i'd be too scared she would rummage and find things a mother shouldn't find.

My problem is more i'm messy rather than unclean though so i would need a cleaner who tidies!

I hate, hate, hate, housework!

Number one on my wishlist is to have a cleaner, just wondered if anyone had one, or are you all Monica's!

I know a fab one Ann...

Let me know if you want her number!

xx

I had a cleaner when I was with my ex, (so in other words up until about 4 days ago) I didnt like having her in the house or the fact that she had a key and alarm codes. she didnt clean she just cleaned round things, drove me mad, now I am doing my own cleaning, I actually like it. and its freeee:green:

I had a cleaner when I was with my ex, (so in other words up until about 4 days ago) I didnt like having her in the house or the fact that she had a key and alarm codes. she didnt clean she just cleaned round things, drove me mad, now I am doing my own cleaning, I actually like it. and its freeee:green:

Something to ponder - it's not actually free, really!
For instance - I get paid £25 per hour. I pay my cleaner £9.50 per hour. So, if I were to do the cleaning it would cost £75 (Ruth comes for 3 hours a week), but it costs me £28.50 to have Ruth do it. So I'm actually saving £46.50 a week by having someone else do it.

Bargain!

Something to ponder - it's not actually free, really!
For instance - I get paid £25 per hour. I pay my cleaner £9.50 per hour. So, if I were to do the cleaning it would cost £75 (Ruth comes for 3 hours a week), but it costs me £28.50 to have Ruth do it. So I'm actually saving £46.50 a week by having someone else do it.

Bargain!

Ah, the art of delegation. I'm all for that. The times people say they will do something themselves to 'save money'. Only thing is, it often takes them far longer to do & as quoted above, costs more in the long run with the differences in hourly rates.

Latest posts

Back