Clients and the wrong information

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had a penny for every client that has said the dreaded words 'gel is better for your nails' I would be very rich by now!

I now simply ask 'what do you think "gel" is made from then?' That usually stops them in their tracks and makes them think!

I intend to use gels solely first off as i will be going mobile, seems to be less dust and odour, but i have to agree with the majority of people on this thread, regarding prep and nail care with any system,.

I do intend on doing L & p sculpture and also fibreglass in the future, as i know some people just dont get on with gel nails at all.

all the NSS by me say they offer Gel when it is actually L&P! Its such a pain!

We get that a lot in the States. People think they are getting "gel" but what they are really getting is acrylic with a gel top coat. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there and it is very troubling - all it does is give the industry a bad name!

I respond to at least a couple of blogs a day that say that acrylic damages the natural nail (I'm on a mission!), but I feel it is a lost cause sometimes. :confused:

We get that a lot in the States. People think they are getting "gel" but what they are really getting is acrylic with a gel top coat. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there and it is very troubling - all it does is give the industry a bad name!

I respond to at least a couple of blogs a day that say that acrylic damages the natural nail (I'm on a mission!), but I feel it is a lost cause sometimes. :confused:

Well they are getting acrylic whether or not they have gel, L&P or Fibreglass/silk wraps ... it is these sorts of things the public would be better informed if they were aware. But as long as technicians are perpetuating the myths and lies to garner some advantage to themselves there will always be the 'great uninformed who believe them because they have heard it form a so called professional.

I do agree with ris as well that it is also an issue of having good business ethics too, not to bad mouth other products or make false claims about them either.

I use both Liquid and powder and gel, would i be right in saying that uncured gels can actually cause more damage due to over exposure?

I sometimes say to my clients that if you went into a hair dresser and the hairdresser made a mess of your hair, do you blame the colour for example? No they blame the hairdresser, the same should go for acrylic/gel. I feel its down to the nail technician to not damage the nail.

I don't know if that came out right lol, i hope you know what i'm getting at:irked:

xx

I use radical and retention,, both without primer as I am that confident with my prep,,,YES I spend a bit longer with SCRUBFRESH but hey it does the job. I have not been doin nails long, but tbh I have not advertised really and have a really good client base within 5 month,, and not one have had lifting (as yet ha ha) or breakage due to me,,(hopefully) I am currently doing problem free rebalances every 3 weeks in about 1hr 20 min,, and my clients looove my nails and CND products,,, thay do not mind spending extar 4-5 pounds when nails stal on the nail plate,,,, xxx

It's a sad reflection of our industry - an industry where most nail techs earn 50% or less per hour than hairdressers or beauticians - that a nail product manufacturer appears to build it's reputation by misleading both nail technicians and consumers, and effectively paints a large part of the industry as using damaging materials and having unsafe working practices.

Nail technicians using these products should consider the deeper impact on their industry IMHO. :irked:

If you want nail technicians to achieve a real professional status that's comparable with hair stylists and beauticians - then both your actions and those of the manufacturers you represent should have the highest integritity, ethical and professional standards.

Bob

It's a sad reflection of our industry - an industry where most nail techs earn 50% or less per hour than hairdressers or beauticians - that a nail product manufacturer appears to build it's reputation by misleading both nail technicians and consumers, and effectively paints a large part of the industry as using damaging materials and having unsafe working practices.

Nail technicians using these products should consider the deeper impact on their industry IMHO. :irked:

If you want nail technicians to achieve a real professional status that's comparable with hair stylists and beauticians - then both your actions and those of the manufacturers you represent should have the highest integritity, ethical and professional standards.

Bob

Hear Hear!! :hug:

:hug: back to Geeg!

Latest posts

Back