CND New Polish Range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
I am just starting up my home salon and have just spend a fortune buying a stock of about 40 different coloured polishes (some CND, some OPI), but now that I see and hear about the new CND range, I want it, but think it may push hubby to the divorce lawyers if I invest in the whole range :lol:

I'm going to try and restrain myself and just order a few every time I place an order, so can any of you who have seen the range advise which ones would be the best to start off with, I do more pedicures than french manicures, so would probably want to start with colours, (I've already added gold and silver chrome to the list:)
thanks
Carol

I am just starting up my home salon and have just spend a fortune buying a stock of about 40 different coloured polishes (some CND, some OPI), but now that I see and hear about the new CND range, I want it, but think it may push hubby to the divorce lawyers if I invest in the whole range :lol:

I'm going to try and restrain myself and just order a few every time I place an order, so can any of you who have seen the range advise which ones would be the best to start off with, I do more pedicures than french manicures, so would probably want to start with colours, (I've already added gold and silver chrome to the list:)
thanks
Carol

Carol, all the dark colours are lush and perfect for winter manicures. There is a small Bolds collection which might be useful to you. I'm sure if you ring Fiona then she or Heather at The Fingertips Centre will advise you of the colours that would be good but quite honestly they are all lush. Add a few each month and it won't take long to complete the collection.

Everything else about the collection is superb from the bottles (very classy) to the new brushes, to the much faster drying time to the coverage to the ultra smooth application ... no professional can fail to notice the difference.

The best thing for me is not having the expense of stocking so many colours on the shelves when we all know that of all those colours ,that we keep at our expense for the convenience of clients, we use only about 25-50 regularly. I personally will love getting rid of what we call 'the dust catchers'!! lol

Thanks Gigi, I did wonder about phoning Heather, but I was afraid my resolve would go when she tells me how brilliant they all are and I end up with the whole collection LOL!

To be honest hun if I were you I would go for the whole collection as it is such good value.
I would have but I dont have the space :cry:

Thanks Gigi, I did wonder about phoning Heather, but I was afraid my resolve would go when she tells me how brilliant they all are and I end up with the whole collection LOL!

:lol: I hope it does !!! :hug:

Seriously you can do it little by little! They are brillient though!!

Hi Hun,
Sorry you have already got your polishes, but Geeg is right little by little.
I was at Leeds launch yesterday I bought the bolds collection, 3 lovely colours and 3 effects, not tried it yet.
As my nails were painted yesterday and I want everyone to see them. Mine were painted with the black that is on the model's hand on this months cover of Scratch, then I have 5 diffferent effects used on mine, so I have ended up with 5 totally different colurs in my nails ....Wow they are FAB !!!!! Pinky finger black with glitter finish, ring finger wicked purple colour, middle finger bronzy chocolate colour, 1st finger bright aqua jade colour, thumb bright midnight blue........all because different effects were used :idea: x.
I am goinig to order all the effects and a few more polishes too.
Then little by little build up to the full collection.:lol:
I have almost the full SpaRitual range in my home salon....So I too will wait a little while.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

Because you said that you already have some CND enamels, my recommendation would be to invest in all the new 15 'effects'. Just by getting all 15 'Effects', you will be able to create many many more new colours.

When layering over colour, the Effects changes it, some dramactically, which means you end up with a completely new colour. This way, you will still be able to use up what you have got already and just order new the colours collection when you run out of the old ones.

It is recommended to use the new CND Effects on top of the new Colour range as they have been created to work together with each other to give out it's benefits to the maximum such as faster drying time, better coverage and smoother flow.

But for those of us who still have plenty of the old CND enamels left, using the new Effects on top of old CND enamels will not cause any sort of service breakdown. You just need to remember and make allowances because the two products are different.

Last edited:
They sound great.
How do you present them to your clients in terms of choosing colours or indeed how do you know yourself which colours each one will do.Is it just something you just have to get to know or are there colour guides.

They sound great.
How do you present them to your clients in terms of choosing colours or indeed how do you know yourself which colours each one will do.Is it just something you just have to get to know or are there colour guides.

There is a fantastic colour wheel (I recommend you buy two).

This colour wheel is a classy item and shows in REAL colour exactly what each effect will do to each colour ... you and your clients will know exactly how to achieve the colour you want .... no guessing and all done for you at the turn of the wheel.

My order was delivered today and I am currently sporting a diffent colour on each finger with three stripes of differnt Effects on each finger too!

LOL I doo look silly but OMG I LOVE these polishes!

The drying time is unvelieveable to start and the coverage is amasing with even one coat of the creme colour.

I am so chuffed!

I am the same lol

xx

They sound great.

Gillian, CND has managed to do most of the work for us and have created 15 different 'Effects' to go on top of any of their 50 colours. Each time you layer an effect on top of the colour, it changes it to a new colour.

In regards to which one would go well on what depends entirely on your client's individual's taste because everyone is different in what they want.

The Effects are based on 3 different grades of bling - pearl, shimmer and glitter. You could start by asking your clients, which type of finish they want and this narrows everything down for you.

Also as Gigi quite correctly said, they have a colour wheel and it is the most coolest colour wheel that I have seen..!! The colours are at the bottom of the wheel, then you have another smaller wheel on top with all the Effects on in a see-through chiffon material, which means that after you have choosen your colour, you can turn the wheel and see exactly how the different Effects will change the colour. Your client will be able to see exactly which Effect on top of which Colour looks like.

Okay okay, enough already :cry: I thought you guys would offer me support and encouragement and a pat on the back for being sensible and planning to buy them gradually:lol:, but I now want them NOW and I want them all!! I can see my current polish collection going on ebay LOL! Thanks to all for your replies.
Carol

Okay okay, enough already :cry: I thought you guys would offer me support and encouragement and a pat on the back for being sensible and planning to buy them gradually:lol:, but I now want them NOW and I want them all!! I can see my current polish collection going on ebay LOL! Thanks to all for your replies.
Carol

Hey Carol - Do you think you are Carneggie lol!:hug:

How clever :)

You know, CND has managed to make this whole thing completely fool proof.

Under each bottle, there is a little circle which indicates whether it is a sheer (empty circle), semi-sheer ( half circle) or opaque ( full circle).

Alongside that, the bottom of the bottle also tells you whether the shade is a warm, neutral or cool colour.

For those of us who are not very good with the colour wheel at all, there will be no more worries because everything is right there, written and spelt out for you.

The bottle itself is at a slant at the bottom so when you get to the end, you tilt the bottle at an angle and the brush reaches right to the bottom and none is wasted.

CND has really thought about anything and everything this time. Every single little thing is done and done for a practical reason in order to make things easier for us as nail techs, and our clients as consumers.

( .... And I think CND should pay me commission..!!) :lol:

Carol, all the dark colours are lush and perfect for winter manicures. There is a small Bolds collection which might be useful to you. I'm sure if you ring Fiona then she or Heather at The Fingertips Centre will advise you of the colours that would be good but quite honestly they are all lush. Add a few each month and it won't take long to complete the collection.

Everything else about the collection is superb from the bottles (very classy) to the new brushes, to the much faster drying time to the coverage to the ultra smooth application ... no professional can fail to notice the difference.

The best thing for me is not having the expense of stocking so many colours on the shelves when we all know that of all those colours ,that we keep at our expense for the convenience of clients, we use only about 25-50 regularly. I personally will love getting rid of what we call 'the dust catchers'!! lol

Call us tommorrow Carol and I can talk you through the colours but I am warning you now...I have had a different colour on everyday since we got them in stock so you may end up buying them all :)

However, I am sure what ever colour you buy you will be happy with your purchase. The range is fantastic.

:hug:

omg you lot are really bad influences, i just logged on to check posts etc and i now want ALL of the colours too. arghhh. i can see my bank giving me a call! :eek:

...or you could do what I did...same colour on all 10 nails, different Effect on each......WOW!!!!! Not an everyday look I admit, great for 'show and tell' though:lol:

Because you said that you already have some CND enamels, my recommendation would be to invest in all the new 15 'effects'. Just by getting all 15 'Effects', you will be able to create many many more new colours.

When layering over colour, the Effects changes it, some dramatically, which means you end up with a completely new colour. This way, you will still be able to use up what you have got already and just order new the colours collection when you run out of the old ones.

It is recommended to use the new CND Effects on top of the new Colour range as they have been created to work together with each other to give out it's benefits to the maximum such as faster drying time, better coverage and smoother flow.

But for those of us who still have plenty of the old CND enamels left, using the new Effects on top of old CND enamels will not cause any sort of service breakdown. You just need to remember and make allowances because the two products are different.

I did try the effects over one of my 'old skool' enamels lol ( Only opened last week company red) and although it did work, it didn't kind of 'merge' as well as it does with the new enamels.
When you put the effect over the enamel they seem to kind of flow.... as if it is just one coat there altogether,
Whereas I found with the old style I could kind of tell I had 2 layers on there, still looked really really good though..
But as annoying as I am, I study every little thing when trying something new :rolleyes:

I would say defo to stock up on the bolder colours...
I have since yesterday been sporting multi colour nails too...( smartie nails as Kelly called them lol)
But I have just taken that off and applied Eclectic purple with crimson shimmer over and OMG looks gorgeous..
I just know I will get so many comments over these tomorrow, I best wear my gloves when working so I dont ruin them !

I can vouch for the super drying time too, I was surprised at how quickly they dry.
And the one coat coverage is amazing! Especially the bold colours and the gold and silver... they coat fab with just one sweep wooooo

Nail enamel HEAVEN! thankyou CND once again for creating a perfect product x:hug:

Latest posts

Back