Coffee machines Tassimo or Dolce Gusto? What are they like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one of these drinks makers to put in my home salon.

I thought it would be easier than me leaving the client and waiting for the kettle etc etc, if it's plugged in already I'm guessing it will be quicker and offer more choices for my clients.

The Tassimo seems to have more choices of drinks pods, but seems as rare as rocking horse poo to get hold of. The Dolce Gusto machine seems OK (looks like a duck to me lol!), not such a broad choice of pods, but probably cheaper pods.

Do any of you have one of these...or the Senseo machine?

If so...what do you think to them, are they worth the money, do they work OK etc. Or, would I be better off with a traditional style coffee machine?
I thought these offered more than coffee, such as chocolate, tea etc....

I'd appreciate your thoughts as they are quite expensive and I don't want to but say....the Tassimo, to find they stop making the blooming thing...as it's hard to find atm.
Tesco's does have it in at £99. The Dolce Gusto is around £79 - £89.

Thanks for your help xxxxxxxxxx

I have the Tassimo Bev. What is difficult to get hold of - the machine or the drinks? They sell the drinks in most supermarkets but they do work out more expensive compared to normal coffee, chocolate, tea etc.

I've got the senseo one but I was lucky to be given one.
I use it at work for my own use, I don't have it out for clients.

What i like about it is, its on a timer, so it stays primed for about 10 minutes then switches itself off. You just need to press the button and it flashes for a few minutes then when it stays red (the button) its ready.

You have to use the pod, and when its been used you have to open the machine up and dispose of the soggy pod (like a wet teabag).

You will need plenty of room as you would need the variety of pods, then sugar, then milk and a bin for soggy pods.
Also the reserve tank isn't big, so would do about 3-4 cups.

I've got the senseo one but I was lucky to be given one.
I use it at work for my own use, I don't have it out for clients.

What i like about it is, its on a timer, so it stays primed for about 10 minutes then switches itself off. You just need to press the button and it flashes for a few minutes then when it stays red (the button) its ready.

You have to use the pod, and when its been used you have to open the machine up and dispose of the soggy pod (like a wet teabag).

You will need plenty of room as you would need the variety of pods, then sugar, then milk and a bin for soggy pods.
Also the reserve tank isn't big, so would do about 3-4 cups.

Thanks for that - do they do tea & chocolate pods as well as coffee? (I'm a yorkshire tea belly lol)

I have the Tassimo Bev. What is difficult to get hold of - the machine or the drinks? They sell the drinks in most supermarkets but they do work out more expensive compared to normal coffee, chocolate, tea etc.

The machine's been a bit difficult to get (when I've been looking) since xmas. But Tesco have it in now. It does look pricey for the pods too, but my clients are worth it bless 'em!!

don't think they do tea.
think they do cappacinno, I did get a voucher from Tesco for the cappacino but didn't ever see it in stock.
also not sure about chocolate either.

I get my packs when they are on special offer, Tesco do them 3 packs for £5.

If I was going to provide hot drinks for a client, i would prefer to offer only herbal and fruit teas, so a kettle would be ok but doesn't look so nice.

I personally only offer water at the moment.

Thanks for that. xx

I offer tea, coffee & cold drinks like squash & flavoured water, coke etc.

I can see the herbal teas thing fitting in with your style of biz being holistic and all that.

I tried green tea once. Not my 'cup of tea'!

I have got the Dolce Gusto and my daughter Faye has the Tassimo...........
We love them both. The Coffee Pods are readily available at most supermarkets.
The pods are sealed so they don't make a mess. I love the Latte and Cappucino and oh yes the hot chocolate ones. The pods for both these machines cost roughly the same.
I am not sure if I would use them in a salon, makes a free cuppa for clients a bit more expensive then the old fashioned way.
I offer my clients tea, herbal tea and coffee via the old fashioned method. Boiling a kettle doesn't take that long, well if you watch it, it seems to take forever lol....

I have noticed that you can get herbal drinks for the Tassimo now too. You were right about them being in short supply. Just googled them and there arent many about.

ohh bev, youre soo posh!!!
will definatley get to see you now you have posh coffee,

actually i think youre just lazy!!! lmao

Iv got the dulce gusto and i LOVE it! The latte's are to die for, and my clients always comment on the coffee. My friend has the tassimo, and her complaints are that the drinks are not always hot, and it can be a bugger to clean. Personaly, I dont like the tea in the tassimo, yuk! Gusto also does lovely iced coffee for the summer, which is lovely!

We've got the Tassimo. We desperately need to find the cleaning disc thingy though, as ours is gunked up and doesn't want to work any more :(

When it was working, it was fab though.

are you supposed to clean them?

I give the outside a bit of a wipe over but have never considered cleaning them before.

The senseo has a little removeable filter that you place the pod on. I do give that a wash from time to time, but couldn't think how else to wash it internally.

We lost the cleaning disk for the Tassimo and got in touch with them via there website....
They send a new one out free of charge within the week xxx

here is the link:
Tassimo

ohh bev, youre soo posh!!!
will definatley get to see you now you have posh coffee,

actually i think youre just lazy!!! lmao

Daaaahhhling, why of course I'm posh sweetie! Not. FFS! pmsl!

Lazy is more like it.

I've got a fancy for one of these babies and just not sure which one.

It's a pain going off into the kitchen and waiting for the kettle to boil and stuff.
If I had as many clients as Ruth, then I'd stick with the normal method.

Thanks for the advice Bev and Ruth. That will make Sonia really happy to have her Tassimo working again :)

has to be the dolce one - the latte from that machine is just lush - my mum has the tassimo one, and it aint a patch on the dolce one - but thats my opinion

i have a tassimo....i love it!!
i think they do get gunked up more if you use the milk based ones like latte and chocolate. I get my pods online direct from them as they have different ones online exclusive to them like fruit teas....very nice. If i see them in a supermarket on offer which is quite often then i but them then

Hi Bev

I've got a Tassimo and hardly use it tbh. The cappucino is lovely but you have to use 2 separate pods so it costs twice as much.

If you cant wait for the kettle to boil, like me lol, get a Tefal Quick Cup kettle thingy. It's fab! Then you can get the instant drinks xx

oh i have seen them...they look quite good.......dont you get boiling water in 3 seconds or something.

i have just had a look....they are alot cheaper than a pod machine as well.

TEFAL UK Web Site - Quick Cup

Latest posts

Back