Collagen lamp - opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
I rent a room in a hair salon and the owner has just bought a collagen lamp. Have any of you heard of these or used these? What are your opinions?

Apparently the red light stimulates the production of collagen fibres, smoothing lines and tightening the skin.

I have to admit i am a little dubious about this and so i thought i'd get some opinions. I also thought it was strange that the woman in the before and after picture had the exact same hair, make-up and jewellery, but from a slightly different angle, which made me wonder if it was air-brushed.

xx

They've got something like this at a salon near me it's called red light therapy, not heard or seen of any results yet thou x

HI a quality machine emitting red light therapy does stimulate collagen, this will take a few weeks to show on the skin as the process cannot happen in 20 mins, you can also use blue light to kill some forms of acne x:)

Thankyou for your input.

I think they recommend 15 minutes per session and 1-2 sessions for 4-6 weeks. Then 20 minute sessions on occasssion.

I might have to try it out on myself and see if anything happens. I don't have too many signs of ageing (I'm 24) but whatever helps :)

They have only bought the red light. I do have some stretch marks so i'll see how it works on those as it is supposed to improve them. xx

I am trying this out at the moment i have had 2 sessions so far got 7 more to go,before the red light bed goes back, my sister has hired it out. If i see any result i will let you know, it's very relaxing laying under it, i fell asleep. I'm 44 so hoping to look 21 in a few weeks lol.xx:D

umm, liking this red light therapy on my 5th session,and i feel smoother already ,my neck is tighter. does anyone know if insurance to use in a salon is expensive,as i believe there very safe.:D

I have wondered about these lights and haven't seen much about them. Nice to hear they are working for you, it's always good to hear about how newish treatments actually perform.:D

Really interested in the results of this ladies please keep posting 😉

If anyone knows about collagen light /red light therapy ,please can you tell me your opinions on it, i am on my 7th sessions , and feel that my skin and neck look tighter and smoother,but is it in my head??
If i thought this was a winner i would get one for work ,to use when my beauty room wasn't in use. Do we think they work or not????:D

has anyone used them?

anyone:sad: hello.....
I'm getting lonely now:eek: sniff.

Hmmm, would be interested in this. My local sun bed shop has just had the bulbs fitted into the face part of the lay down beds. Not sure how long u need to be under it tho to benefit. Will question when in tomo

Is there a difference to this light and infra red light.I remember learning a hot oil gauze mask facial which was put on the face and then an infra red light was placed over it about a foot away and this was taught for city and guilds in 1982.

Sorry Tiatia, i didn't realise this thread had been restarted...i was away so i might have missed it when it came up.

Gillian, if the owner of the salon i am in is right then it is not an infra red light and you do not need any creams or anything. However, they did buy it off ebay :rolleyes: so who knows what it really is.

I cannot comment because they still haven't actually set it up! It is ridiculous really, they had posters everywhere and loads of postcard sized info about it all saying coming in March 2011...eventually we took it all down as it came apparent that it wasn't happening xx

9 session on, and i am impressed.Am looking in to buying one now.excited:lol:

I've bought collagen light bed,it's coming tomorrow, so will have to wait and see if this really works xx;)

Tiatia, where did you purchase it from? Are you planning to use it on clients or just for yourself ;) Was it expensive? How much would you charge for a treatment? Is it easy to get insurance cover for? did you take before and after photos?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am very interested in this.....:)

Would any infra-red lamp work? My Minx lamp is infra-red! If this works I'll be under it all the time!!!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back