Competition photo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi all

This is a part of a competition photo. The background is not the one I'm gonna use.

My idea with the photo was to show winter is here (sleeping animal, winterthemed nails) but in the mirror the back of the nails is showing colors and the animals eyes are open, which would tell spring is comming.

Is the idea good enough (are the nails?)?

Fantastic picture and fab idea :) Just wondered where you got the hedgehogs from ??

Last edited:
LOVE LOVE LOVE your work... top marks for everything!!!

Best of luck (you are very talented):hug:

I was going to ask the same thing! Where did you find the hedgehogs? A very original photo idea.

He was a small baby, not big enough to go into wintersleep.:cry:
I have experience with these, as I have taken quite a lot of them to carestations, when they are to small to sleep the whole winter.
Thats how I know they are actually NOT afraid of humans, and kind of tame (sp?) eventhough living in the wild.

The photo is one out of 6 and as you can se he's just lying there, enjoying the warm hand. (they love to cuddle into warm bodies, and especially if you smell of perfume, weird but true)

So NO ANIMALS HURT OR STRESSED IN THE PICTURE.
But unless you have experience, I wouldn't do it:hug:

Brilliant idea for the photo, and lovely nails. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVE the hedgehog! (had one at the kids bday party, part of the zoo that came.. soooo adorable!)

My only complaint is that I don't see enough details on the nails. I would probably adjust the angle a bit? Or zoom in more?

Other than that... FABULOUS! I'd vote for that picture:green:

I would looove to have this pic as a poster in my salon . Lovely :):):)

I absolutely adore this photo, although I dont think it looks like a reflection, but simply both your hands one in front of the other. I know you said the background will be different so maybe it will become more obvious.
Great photo though and nails are lovely.

I dont know for what to vote - picture and nails are just perfect!:hug:

Love the nails and the idea. Till I read some of the comments I thought it was a reflection. Anyways as you photoshoped the background you can also bring down the light glare in the hedgehogs eyes possibly making it look closed. Just an idea, I might add some iridecent angel hair just a bit to represent the cold. Also try to change the camera focus to pick up the nails and not the hh, it is crytal clear while the details in the nail art isn't. I wouldn't bother about the colour of the bottom of the nails. After all spring comes after winter :)

Other than that absolutely love it. The idea makes for an excellent poster. Good luck!!

Edit: Sorry, after reading your post again I found it is a reflection.

Last edited:
what a beautiful picture!!!!!!!!!!!

the idea is brilliant! wot a cutie!!!

nails are fab! i would be very proud of them!!!

maz xx

Thanks guys... So glad you all like it, it's my first photocompetition, well competition at all (apart from a very small one) So I was quite nerveous...:hug:

Unfortunately I can't redo the shot, the HH is now at a carecenter, so I'll have to look through the piccies I shot to se if anyone had the nails more in focus....

I think they idea and concept is brilliant, lets hope the judges understand it ....... not everyone is tuned into your idea without explanation, that's the problem with photo competitions.

Another issue I have, is the fact the reflection seems to concentrate and show too much of the underside of the nail, when in fact it's the surface that should be the focal point.

It's a brilliant idea, but needs some tweaking, hope you get my drift.

GOOD LUCK

Any chance you can photoshop the sharpness?

I get it :green:

You are spot on about showing the back of the nails LOL . I was so keen on getting the idea out, damn it's hard:lol:

Thank you all for your comments it's much appriceated! I'll let you know how it goes...

:hug:

Like everyone, I love the concept of this image and the nails and hedgehog (who looks so comfortable, bless) are beautiful. Good luck!

anne xx

Hi Karen, they look amazing. I hope everything goes well for you in your new salon:)

Hugs Mette

Hi

Thanks Mette, the salon is going great, so I'm very happy.
Hope you are doing great aswell?

Hugs

Latest posts

Back