Considering changing tanning lotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am considering changing my tanning brand. I currently use A-tan on my clients and for my students when training i use Couture.

I do like A-tan but i find that it fades very quickly....i havent had any feedback from clients with this problem or any feedback at all! But when spraying both myself and my mum i find the first day is a lovely colour by the second day (after showering) its so light you can barely see it!

I am considering changing to fake bake...What are your views on fake bake?

And also what is their customer service like nowadays? I heard a few things about this.

Thanks x

fake bake is what i use, and it is lovely. they are so easy to apply and to reatil. they have just brought out a new tanning butter and it smells and tans amazing.

definatly recommend this tan!:)

I use Fake Bake and it's fine! My clients come back time and again and I have people ring who have searched specifically for Fake Bake. Customer service is much improved nowadays.

hi there!

i find fake bake goes on really easy but i am never impressed with it after ive showered it off the next day, i am only fair skinned and it never looks very dark. what does stay there always stays on well though.
i havent tryed it but everybody seems to love sienna x tan! maybe worth having a look on their website!
hope you find one you really like xx

See i have many people calling me asking me if i use fake bake as this is the brand they want.

But then im also very pale and like to have something that stays dark.x

Just wondering why you're not using couture? Why train with a brand that you're not using on your own clients, it doesn't really make sense???
I've had a fake bake tan, and I didn't really like it, it faded quite patchy. xx

I use LA TAN and my clients love it and so do I.I have never used Fake Bake but I have had clients who have actually said that they dont like it.They told me that it wasn't that dark compared to other spray tans.

I must stipulate that this is client feedback,not my personal opinion as I have never had and never used Fake Bake.Personally I think if you're thinking about changing your brand I would ring several companies and ask for samples.There are lots of wonderful new spray tanning companies popping up who are equally as good as the more well known brands.

Incidently I have noticed that most of the clients I have been spraying aren't in the least bit bothered by the brand name,they just want a good quality,long lasting(as possible)even spray tan.I have had one client ask if I did Fake Bake,I said "no",told him what I used and he wasn't put off at all.He was delighted with the result.HTH:hug:

Just wondering why you're not using couture? Why train with a brand that you're not using on your own clients, it doesn't really make sense???
I've had a fake bake tan, and I didn't really like it, it faded quite patchy. xx

The reason i dont use couture myself as i wasnt too keen on the colour of the tan. So i decided to use A-tan as i found the colour was lovely but it doesnt seem to last long.xx

I'm not a fake bake fan. I find it last about 3 days and looks like you haven't had a wash!
I do get asked for fake bake but that's only because it's a name people have heard of and most of them have never even had a tan!
I spray them with my solution and they love it and it lasts well. I do about 80 tans a month and i've never had one complaint!

We use fake bake And la tan in the salon. Personally I don't
like it on myself, but we do have regular clients for both tans , morethese days for la tan though to be honest. Why not go and give fake bake a try somewhere ?

Angela what brand do you use hun?

Kylie has kindly got some samples sent off for me for siennax will also get some samples from la tan. I think i will give fake bake a miss as i know many clients ask about it but ive heard too many not so good things about it including their customer service.

So guess i will give these two a go and see which one wins :D xxx

I use Nouvatan. If you pm steve@nouvatan on here, i'm sure they'll send you a sample to try. There are pics in my album of a client i sprayed with the 16% :)

I use Nouvatan. If you pm steve@nouvatan on here, i'm sure they'll send you a sample to try. There are pics in my album of a client i sprayed with the 16% :)

Just had a loook at your album and the colour looks really nice !x

Hi Geeks,

I am considering changing my tanning brand. I currently use A-tan on my clients and for my students when training i use Couture.

I do like A-tan but i find that it fades very quickly....i havent had any feedback from clients with this problem or any feedback at all! But when spraying both myself and my mum i find the first day is a lovely colour by the second day (after showering) its so light you can barely see it!

I am considering changing to fake bake...What are your views on fake bake?

And also what is their customer service like nowadays? I heard a few things about this.

Thanks x
Hi VS..im a tad confused here as to why you are thinking of changing brands when your a trainer for Couture.....not sure how they would take you using so many other brands and only theirs for training?

OOOPPS yes I suppose Collin has a point VS

Well I used to use Fake Bake at the salon, it is OK, I like the colour on me, but when it is sprayed on at first all I could see where my teeth and eyes it was that dark. Not the colour I like personally.

It also seems to get stuck in the pores a lot on me on my chest. OVerall, it's OK not the best, not the worst solution I've ever used. x

check out Unreal and Xen Tan... my clients love them. I moved to them from Couture as I prefer the colours and how the last (although Couture is a good tan).

Latest posts

Back