Corset Competition Winner!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As some of you know we at Affiniti ran a 'Fun' competition for Nail technicians /Artists to decorate our little Corset Can openers, and we wanted them to have a UK theme.
Well now the contest is over I thought you would like to see some of the amazing entries we had.
Bear in mind those of you who have not checked out these little gadgets they are only 2 1/2 inches big (6cm) so the detail on these entries is truly amazing!!!!

And the Winner is..........................

SUSAN LOASBY!!!!.....aka angel fingers

Congratulations to Susan from everyone at Affiniti!! As you will see from the images on the link below the standard of entries was amazing, so choosing one winner was no easy task!

Thanks to all who participated and made it a real fun competition.

Follow the link to our site where you can "zoom" over the entries and see them in all their fabulous detail!!!!

Nfu.Oh Corset Can Opener at Affiniti

Attachments

• Corset Winner.jpg
    Corset Winner.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 136
  • UK corset 1100.jpg
    UK corset 1100.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Well done Susan and those that entered, the details on the designs are amazing, you can see a lot of work has gone into them.
I think I'm going to buy myself some to have a play with.

they all look so nice, it must have been real hard to pick , well done !

brillant love them !! well done susan xx

Amazing work, well done Susan...x

Well done Susan, that is ace :hug:

Well done Susan and all the other entrants.. you are all very artistic :hug:

Well done Susan and all you other talented geeks..xx

Well done Susan :) and to all who entered xxxxxxx

Congratulations Susan, beautiful work.
Congrats to the others aswell, so much attention to detail on such a small work area.
:hug:

Brilliant work Susan - congratulations and well done on all those who entered x:)

ah, thanks everyone, thats really kind of you.:hug:

i was suprised how tiny the openers are and it was tough to get anything with detail on, but i'm so glad i tried now.

i think i'm going to get a batch of these openers to put in my clients christmas gifts.i like to keep it nail related and its always tough to know what to get especially for clients that have been with me for years and i think affiniti are the only place that has anything like this.

i'll get the ready designed ones for them though and maybe just add a little decorative element to them because doing a whole one took me a lot longer than i expected !

thanks to the team at affiniti for running the comp and inspiring us all
and for my lovely prize as well.:hug:

all of those entries are sensational xxxxx

i think i'm going to get a batch of these openers to put in my clients christmas gifts.i like to keep it nail related and its always tough to know what to get especially for clients that have been with me for years and i think affiniti are the only place that has anything like this.

:idea:I wish I had thought of that!!!!.....actually we may well have the new purple,gold & silver ones in before that time of year!!

thanks to the team at affiniti for running the comp and inspiring us all
and for my lovely prize as well.:hug:

I am in danger of turning this into a big love in here, so thanks for your thanks lol.....we have enjoyed it too....well I did once I announced I wasn't going to be a judge after all ....but here are my thoughts on all of the entries.
Susan is a worthy winner!! her entry really ticked all the boxes!
As for the rest aren't those Dragons amazing!!...and the hand is far too realistic!!.....scarily so lol!
Surely a magnifying glass had to be used to do that? also for those perfect colourful Diamonds on the Vivienne Wetwood Harlequin design!!!!
Don't even start me on the detail of the Elizabethan corset, every time I look at it I see something else!!
I love the fact that the Union Jacks were so different, a subtle and pretty diamond glitter one and a vibrant bold one, balanced out with soft flowers. I also love the use of the Shell wrap on one and the ingenious way of working a Scottish thistle into the bodicework.

Yes....I was right to leave the judging panel to it!!!!!

Thx for the comment Izzy, the hand and sword never took long at all, bout 10 mins,, altough wished I'd of mixed to a better colour, but I was rushing,,,,,as for the other entries, they were all fab, that harlequien dress is so precise, with those diamonds :hug:,,,,,,,,susans is great and worthy of winning, well thought out,,,,and Hazels, well it is fab :) as are the others.....
I really enjoyed this comp and look forward to the next one,,,,thankyou all at Affiniti xx:hug:

CONGRATS AngelFingers!!!
lovely work!!

Congrats as well, to those of you that participated. I'm sure that the judges had a hard time.

:hug:

Congratulations Susan :)
Great work also from the other entrants..... looking forward to the next one x

Latest posts

Back