Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know salons doing it for £15

Tehya, I don't know where you are in the UK, but if you have your CND Shellac training & following a path of training with your EA, why would you down grade your skills to match others? Believe in yourself & the product you are dealing with 😍

There's a lady near me who offer shellac for £12.50! And it's real CND and she's good! How the heck can we compete with this, grrrr. X

I saw acrylic nails for a fiver!!! 😳 Speechless. My eyebrow wax is more than that!!!!!

There is a salon not far from me doing bring a friend for free at £25 so that's £12.50 each but are they making any money?

There is a salon not far from me doing bring a friend for free at £25 so that's £12.50 each but are they making any money?

Surely that's a limited offer? Maybe just trying to get clients though the door?

At the moment my pricing is low but that's because I am training still and all my clients know this and actually a few of them have 'tipped' me because they want me to have more money because they thought they were paying too little for it. Which I think is nice and great! So means when I have qualified they won't feel a big hit when I up my prices.

£12.50 for a full body sienna x spray tan which I thought was pretty cheap for our area

And at the other end of the spectrum I saw an anti ageing facial advertised at £250...
:eek:

Don't panic guys, they won't be feeding themselves on a few quid profit. They will soon realise when they sit down with a calculator.

I do worry though that's the beauty industry standards are appearing to be at an all time low due to short courses passing anyone and everyone, usually those ones will charge £5 for a set of bad nails. I worry potential customers will think those nails lashes hair ext. etc are the standard and those prices are too. I just wana shake the public for caving in to a cheap price.

Don't panic guys, they won't be feeding themselves on a few quid profit. They will soon realise when they sit down with a calculator.

I do worry though that's the beauty industry standards are appearing to be at an all time low due to short courses passing anyone and everyone, usually those ones will charge £5 for a set of bad nails. I worry potential customers will think those nails lashes hair ext. etc are the standard and those prices are too. I just wana shake the public for caving in to a cheap price.

I want to shake the insurers for accrediting such crappy short courses!

Individual lashes for £15.00!
And they will travel to you! Thinking I might just get mine done as its so cheap. Surely some people aren't making anything?

Individual lashes for £15.00!
And they will travel to you! Thinking I might just get mine done as its so cheap. Surely some people aren't making anything?

This won't be semi permanent individual lashes though surely? More 'party lashes' xx

And at the other end of the spectrum I saw an anti ageing facial advertised at £250...
:eek:

Maybe the shock of the price freezes your face into place...no wrinkles! Haha

This won't be semi permanent individual lashes though surely? More 'party lashes' xx

It was actual individual ones, that's what I first thought!
Had to check with her.

Just seen on one of the Facebook selling sites in my area acrylic nails for £4 really couldn't believe it I had a look at some of her pictures they are terrible this woman will have no insurance just annoys me that anyone can just pick up a kit and start doin them I even saw a " acrylic kit " in B and M the other day shouldn't be aloud

I saw a young lady offering treatments from £7.50 and the picture she was using she had actually got off google as I have the same one from when I was at college for inspiration, she had loads of comments I just sat and laughed and put a status about it and a lot of people had seen it aswell and couldn't believe she was using another persons work as her own and she was taking credit for them aswell xx

On Facebook a qualified nail technician (with excellent work) saying she is getting fed up with the £5 deals for acrylics that are going on so she is also dropping her prices to £5!!

Crazy :irked:

People must not take pride in their work to drop crazy prices like that. Good lord, be proud!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back