Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's i'd people by me charging £5 for a full set of acrylic nails, 99p for eyebrow threading and £30 for sp lashes with free maintenance after 2 weeks... Ridiculous

99 pence for e/brow threading?! 😓😳

Someone selling Vinylux online for £7.80 a bottle with £1.95 postage. From the States.
Grrrr.

A girl in my area -
Full head of the finest Virgin Russian hair available in the world, all hair is remy and all strands hand crafted all bonds are 1 grams and double drawn .... FOR .... Wait for it ..... £90!

Oh lovely I wonder how much of this is true? Is she actually taking the piss! Funnily enough I had one of her customers come to me after a week to remove them and replace with hair I supplied. NO way was it Russian, NO way was it Virgin, NO way was it double drawn 1 gram strands, the bonds were made from WAX. Disgraceful, I made the lady complain and wait for it... BAM no insurance! Xx

A girl in my area -
Full head of the finest Virgin Russian hair available in the world, all hair is remy and all strands hand crafted all bonds are 1 grams and double drawn .... FOR .... Wait for it ..... £90!

Oh lovely I wonder how much of this is true? Is she actually taking the piss! Funnily enough I had one of her customers come to me after a week to remove them and replace with hair I supplied. NO way was it Russian, NO way was it Virgin, NO way was it double drawn 1 gram strands, the bonds were made from WAX. Disgraceful, I made the lady complain and wait for it... BAM no insurance! Xx

It is so annoying that there are loads of people out there like this! You think people would realise they're being lied to with prices like that! X

It is so annoying that there are loads of people out there like this! You think people would realise they're being lied to with prices like that! X

Some people may not realise though. They may think it's basically the same as clip in extensions x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

On hooiday a salon near our caravan park was doing spraybtans for £5!!! Even my 9 yr old daughter said "oh my god mum how cheap!! I bet everyone comes out looking like an oomoha lumpha!!"

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

The same person who does 'Shallack' is now doing individual lash extensions for £20...!

When are people gonna learn that cheap isn't always a good thing? 😓

I actually know of someone who offers individual lash extensions for £25. How does anyone make a profit on this???

Gel Polish fingers and toes together for £15 ... that is just crazy

Hi Geeks,

I have a salon a few doors along from me who has put a board outside this week advertising Manicures & Pedicures for £5 ! How am I meant to compete with that!!!:twisted::grr:

I actually know of someone who offers individual lash extensions for £25. How does anyone make a profit on this???

I'm a hairdresser, but also offer eyelash extensions. I'm currently not charging for them as I need to learn and gain experience! (Also, I have confidence issues and don't think I'm that good!)

Girl in my village offering 'gel nails' (she uses something like bluesky) for £7

I'm a hairdresser, but also offer eyelash extensions. I'm currently not charging for them as I need to learn and gain experience! (Also, I have confidence issues and don't think I'm that good!)

That's completely different hun x

That's completely different hun x

I'm glad you think so, I was getting a complex!! Hehe!! 😉

I'm glad you think so, I was getting a complex!! Hehe!! 😉

Don't keep doing them free though, you will lose a lot of money. Make sure you start with something just to cover your costs! x

Hi Geeks,

I have a salon a few doors along from me who has put a board outside this week advertising Manicures & Pedicures for £5 ! How am I meant to compete with that!!!:twisted::grr:

Cant be a full manicure or pedicure at that price :eek:

Don't keep doing them free though, you will lose a lot of money. Make sure you start with something just to cover your costs! x

Yes I agree, At least cover your costs :hug:

A couple months ago I saw a girl advertising on Facebook acrylic nails £7 obviously she had hundreds of comments. I didn't think much of it apart from she maybe was training or something. A couple weeks later I had a new client, who went on to tell me she had used this girl previously, she wasn't training and was just out to make a quick buck. Apparently she turned up in a track suit and her products in a carrier bag :-/ the lady asked for white tips, 8 were white and 2 were natural. When the client had asked her why, the girl said 'oh well I've ran out of the sizes so this will have to do' .... They proceeded to fall off the next day. Haven't seen much of her advertising lately lol

Simply Kerry's Beauty <3

I have a friend who lives in south London who says she can get a full set of acrylics with a design on each nail for £10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back