custom blend - first attempt

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
heres my first attempt at a custom blend on one of my own nails, ive deliberately not gone to the cuticle so that you can see the blend easier

constructive critique very welcome

Attachments

• custom blend before.jpg
    custom blend before.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 81
  • custom blend after.jpg
    custom blend after.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 188
glynis the nail looks fantastic hun

but can't really see the blend as pic on bright side but i do love the extended nail xxxxxx

Pics all fuzzy Glyn

I can see your extended nail and it looks fab. Can you tell me what you used.thanks.x

heres a better pic (i hope)

Attachments

• custom blend after.jpg
    custom blend after.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 134
That looks fab Glynis. A lovely shape and you'd never know it has been extended - BRILLIANT!

zoeCU said:
I can see your extended nail and it looks fab. Can you tell me what you used.thanks.x

flawless, white, melting pot, a touch of spanish tile and quartz
hope that helps

well done babes...very nice...that nail bed looks lovely...nice smile too. xxx

Very nice :D

Did you use the custom blend colour in Zone 2, then Intense pink in Zone 3?

levely Glnis, did you do a custom blending class or did you just get the kit?

Trinity Nails said:
Very nice :D

Did you use the custom blend colour in Zone 2, then Intense pink in Zone 3?

i only put the custom blend as far as i did so you can see the match to the nail plate, i didnt put anything in zone 3

jac extreme said:
levely Glnis, did you do a custom blending class or did you just get the kit?

hiy jac

i went to the demo that samuel done last night in leeds, then this morning tried to remember every thing he said, and just went for it

Well you must have been paying attention and taking notes...that nail looks great!!......
I love experimenting with the custom blends even though my own nails don't really need extending....the perfect mix for me is almost the same as you have used apart from the Quartz....maybe I will try that next time....

I used to mix my blend with 3 parts clear to 1 part blend for zone 3......but now i just use my blend in zone 3 as I am used to working with it now.......but possibly if you just wanted an infill or a tidy in zone 3 mixing some clear in would make it neater......;) even just double dipping!

I have heard a few geeks recommend the Intense pink for this....but I don't see how a translucent powder could do the job properly when you are using a totally opaque mix for zone 2......:confused:

anyway I am rambling now.......brill nail Glynis...get the other 9 done now!!!

izzidoll said:
I have heard a few geeks recommend the Intense pink for this....but I don't see how a translucent powder could do the job properly when you are using a totally opaque mix for zone 2......:confused:

Ketan showed me the method of only using the custom blend powder in Zone 2 and either Pink or Intense Pink in Zone 3 - the custom blend is to hide flaws, or the natural smile line, etc., there are no flaws needing to be hidden in Zone 3 so all you need is pink/clear.

If your custom blend is a close enough match to the natural colour then you wont see the join and it looks a little more natural when it starts growing out.

Well that's what he said and I swallowed it :lol: But then Ketan could tell me to chop off my leg and I'd do it :lol:

Trinity Nails said:
Ketan showed me the method of only using the custom blend powder in Zone 2 and either Pink or Intense Pink in Zone 3 - the custom blend is to hide flaws, or the natural smile line, etc., there are no flaws needing to be hidden in Zone 3 so all you need is pink/clear.

If your custom blend is a close enough match to the natural colour then you wont see the join and it looks a little more natural when it starts growing out.

Well that's what he said and I swallowed it :lol: But then Ketan could tell me to chop off my leg and I'd do it :lol:

PMSL......wouldn't we all.......I will give it a try!!....but I still think opacity rocks!!

izzidoll said:
but I still think opacity rocks!!

That'll be because you're a super dooper tech and have no problems with your mix ratio, so no marbelling on your clients babe :D

Trinity Nails said:
That'll be because you're a super dooper tech and have no problems with your mix ratio, so no marbelling on your clients babe :D

Yeah...that'll be it!!!...............:lick:

(LMAO!!)

Hi there, you didn't waste anytime there did you hun! Looks fab - really natural looking - colour must match cos I can't see where it stops! xx

Great blend!

CCB'ing is not hard... you just have to know the right mixes (none that I use have ANY translucent powders or glitter in them - you dont need them!).

Anyhooo - there are 1,000 differing ways to blend... thats just one of them (the easiest!)

Thats so good! Looks really natural

Latest posts

Back