Daughter's messy bedroom pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure it wsn't the pooch who made the mess,he does look very guilty,lol:)

yep my atlantas bedroom is bad,keep nagging to tidy it,never does!!!
gonna start binning things i think (well hiding stuff) see if that works!

and snap we have the same dog(quite a handful my boy)

shellie
xxxxx:)

Hi hun

I take it your daughter is a teenager or nearly.

There's one of two things you can do:

1) Get yourself in a stew about it, rant and rave, shout, and continue to tidy it up for her, in the process getting yourself worked up

2) Decide to close the door, tell her where the hoover is and let her get on with it.

I have 2 kids, 1 daugher nearly 14 and my son nearly 13, I would say she is much more untidy than my son. I used to go nuts when I saw their rooms, yell at them, get stressed, get upset that all my hardwork of cleaning and tidying just wasn't appreciated. I used to put all their clean clothes away for them and sort them out. NOW I don't go in their rooms to tidy up, I give them a pile of clean clothes for them to put away and shut the door.

Kids at that age don't seem to notice the mess do they, but every now and then they have this sudden urge to have a good clear out and run the hoover over their rooms. Immaculate they are for a day or so lol.

I couldn't even find a space to walk on my daugther's floor the other day, absolute mess, 10 times worse than your pic! Yesterday she had a tidy up and it looks like a show room.

I just don't get myself worked up about it now, if that's how they want to live let them, they'll grow out of it.

Deb379

my daughter was the exact same (how old is your daughter by the way). i gave up in the end and told her if she wants to live like a pig (well pigs are cleaner actually - lol) go ahead, i stopped cleaning her room, and just closed the door. once they move out and get there own place, they will soon change

Well all I can say is.......................IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER!! :irked: My daughter is 21 and her room is absolutely disgusting. I always know where to find all the towels (used and still wet)!!!! I've tried all sorts......... threatening to throw everything out of the window into the garden, and telling her to move out. Doesn't make a scrap of difference though.

Sorry I'm not any help at all am I!! :rolleyes:

Martine x

Hi
When I was a kid my room was an absolute rubbish tip! I grew out of it and so will she and then she is going to have kids and they will get her back and you can sit back and laugh everytime she complains to you! xxx

It certainly doesn't get any better and at least you can see some floor in your daughters room, you can't in my daughters!

sorry i thought this was hilarious....:lol: i will eat those words in a few years when mine are older.

my eldest (11) rang on Saturday to say she had lost her mobile phone....i was very angry to say the least. I rang her phone and a man answered so i asked if he had my daughters phone (stupid question really cos of course he did if he answered it..:lol: ) anyway he said yes i found it outside the church, so i arranged to go fetch it from his house....we made Ria go to the door with a box of chocolates and say thank you, he was a dear old man, and she was very very lucky that it was him who found it and not some one else.

your daughter is stunning...xx

wow looks just like my 10 yr old daughters room. shes sooooooooooo messy!

i was in her room the other day cleaning and what not for 3 hours no joke.
the next day it looked like id never been there!

she drives me nuts shes such a mucky pup. but also likes to look nice have nice things etc...it would be nice if we could even see the nice things she has.

do you let her mates go upstairs to her room..?

i dont im too ashamed..lol xx

I think you are being over fussy - there is still some carpet showing !!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

And i thought boys were bad!!

I would have a ****y fit if my lads rooms where in that mess!

One and only time they left things on the floor it went in a black bin bag and out in to the bin for the collection, now they are older and they see to their own laundry and bed making etc its not quite as tidy as i would like but compaired to your daughters their rooms are like a palace lol

And heres me wishing i had a girl....think i will be grateful for the last 20 yrs of bringing up boys and thank the lord i never got a girl lol

As already said hun, get a bag and throw it all in, when she asks where it is say in the bin, it was on the floor in a pile so you persumed it was rubbish.

Try a rewards scheme where if she keeps her room clean & tidy for a month she gets extra pocket money (if she gets it) or you will treat her to a new outfit.
Also make sure she has plenty of cupboard space to be able to place her clothes, cds, books, makeup etc in.

Good luck :hug:

My bedroom was like that as a teenager, now I see why my parents would go mad at me all the time!:eek:

Your girls are stunning though.

my bedroom is like that now ...in fact no it isnt its worse !!!:eek:

My 18 y/o sons room and clothing looked like that untill I quite doing his laundery and he had nothing to wear he did all his laundery himself becouse i refused to do it..

Teri

I have to thank you for your thread! I have just told my teenage boys that you have taken pics of your daughters room and that it didn't have a patch on theirs........ this morning I got the suprise of my life, they had both tidied their rooms in fear of me doing the same and taking and posting a few pics to shame them! lol

My daughters room was always the worst out of all three of them, we used to regularly loose sight of the carpet but I gave up getting stressed out with it when it became a constant battle and kept the door closed. Now she is in her own place she really does keep it so tidy.

Kids and phases.......don't you just love them?!!! :lol:

Mandy x

Thanks for all your replies and helpful comments.

My eldest is 14 and my youngest is 5 (sorry for not saying).

I was going to decorate her bedroom for her this New Year. She wants black, white and red. Already brought some lovely bits and her room will look stunning when it's done BUT when the room looks like it does I begrudge doing it for her as I think it will just get wrecked again.

As for seeing a bit of the carpet, I was quite embarressed about that. I don't know if any of you noticed the makeup stains all over the floor? I can assure you the rest of my house is very clean and tidy. It's only her room that looks like she is a neglected child.

It went from bad to worse yesterday with regards to her loosing her purse, I have grounded her for that and then she dropped her mobile which is permanently attatched to her ear in the bath:smack: .

It looks like now she has plenty of time to sort her room out as she is going to be in for sometime.:lol:

Teri x:hug:

Thanks for all your replies and helpful comments.

My eldest is 14 and my youngest is 5 (sorry for not saying).

I was going to decorate her bedroom for her this New Year. She wants black, white and red. Already brought some lovely bits and her room will look stunning when it's done BUT when the room looks like it does I begrudge doing it for her as I think it will just get wrecked again.

As for seeing a bit of the carpet, I was quite embarressed about that. I don't know if any of you noticed the makeup stains all over the floor? I can assure you the rest of my house is very clean and tidy. It's only her room that looks like she is a neglected child.

It went from bad to worse yesterday with regards to her loosing her purse, I have grounded her for that and then she dropped her mobile which is permanently attatched to her ear in the bath:smack: .

It looks like now she has plenty of time to sort her room out as she is going to be in for sometime.:lol:

Teri x:hug:

Morning teri :hug:

I just want to add...you mentioned black and red for her bedroom (along with white) please please dont have too much black!

Im only saying as my eldest wanted his bedroom black and after alot of arguments we caved in and did his bedroom black (all the walls) ceiling stayed white and he had a lovely red carpet with black & red duvet cover & curtains.

It looked really nice but boy did his attitude change, we went through a fare few months of crap untill we realised it had only come on since doing his room!

Guess what, as he spent so much time in there listening to his music and mixing on his decks he became depressed and withdrawn, the doctor said as he was in dark surroundings a long time it had depressed him!

We changed the colour of the walls in a flash and withing a few weeks he was back to normal thank god!

It was going to be white walls, (not sure on flooring yet - might be better to laminate it:lol: ), white cupboards, chrome bedside tables, black duvet and pillowcases with quite large white flowers on and the rest sprinkled with red, like touch lamps, cushions etc.

I can see what you mean about everything being depressing when it's mainly black. Wouldn't show the dirt though!!:lol: :lol:

Teri x

It was going to be white walls, (not sure on flooring yet - might be better to laminate it:lol: ), white cupboards, chrome bedside tables, black duvet and pillowcases with quite large white flowers on and the rest sprinkled with red, like touch lamps, cushions etc.

I can see what you mean about everything being depressing when it's mainly black. Wouldn't show the dirt though!!:lol: :lol:

Teri x

Hahahaha dont bank on it!

Sounds lovely, shame shes gone and blown it huh! lol

As for laminate, my youngest has his laminated as its easier for him to keep up with but my eldest has his carpeted as hes got a little one on the way plus his room is the biggest and he and his partner have it as their live in room (all they need is a sink now lol)

Swings and roundabouts with laminate, i have it all through the kitchen, dining room, living room, summer house & extension (youngests bedroom) its ideal to sweep quickly on a mrng then mop but i find you still need to give it a good old hoover to get the dust out of the corners etc!

Latest posts

Back