Did I do the right thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxi

Reaction score
Hi, I had a new client booked today at 1.30 in a village I've never been to. Well I've been to the large supermarket, but none of the houses. I had her full address and phone number.

Well my sat nav wouldn't pick up this address, even with the postcode. i got my husband to come with me as he's better at directions than me. We got there and drove around 5 or 6 times and couldn't find the road. I also phoned 3 times and got no answer. We stopped and asked someone and still couldn't find the address. So we have come home. The phone didn't have an answerphone so i couldn't leave a message.

I feel awful, not to mention the fact that in her eyes I have just not bothered to turn up. There was nothing more I could do, but I guess I just want reassurance.

Can't see what else you could have done, if its somewhere new for me I usually have a quick look on google maps as I can't rely on my sat nav either.

Yeah, In hindsight I should have done that. It's not a new village though so I (wrongly) assumed that the sat nav would find it.

Thanks for your reply, I just feel awful.

u rang her three times, did she ever ring again
or answer her missed ph calls
if not and u do feel upset then why not send her a small card explaining ur situation
this may put ur mind at ease and if it is the case that she feels u simply did not show then she can not bad mouth u as u have made the effort to contact by phone and by mail
i have to say i think it odd she not answer her phone if it were around the time of her appointment
i make a habit of saying to new area clients to keep their phone on guard as even with sat nav the slightest thing can throw it off
!!
smile!!

I would have entered the details into the satnav the day before, if a problem could of called beforehand.

I would keep trying to call her and also as advised above check on google maps that it does exist.

Our sat nav is worse than useless, its a couple of years old but is always refusing to accept addresses or that roads exist or just makes them up ! When we drove back from center parcs it told us to do a righthand turn across a bypass and drive straight into a field !!! It wasn't even a new road !! I have come to the conclusion its trying to kill us as its always springing something new on me :eek:

This happened to me a couple of times with my old sat Nav,I ended up giving it away and buying a new TomTom which I'm happy to say is great.Certain brands(names not mentioned)dont seem very good at picking up roads,even when they have been there years and not new.

I cant understand why this client hasn't called you to ask where you are:confused:Has she not noticed that you have been trying to call her?All very odd.

I think she will hopefully call and when you give her your explanation about your sat Nav she will probably tell you that it happens to other sat navs too as usually if one person has a prob others do too.Just apologise and try to get into the habit as already mentioned of Googling before hand or typing addy into the Sat Nav,that way if a problem arises you can go back to the good old fashioned method of looking it up in your A-Z or road map.HTH:hug:

Juliette we had the same Sat Nav and I too was told to do same thing when travelling up North,told me to to exit now(when there was no slip road) on a motorway and then to perform a u turn...hahaha Hmmm would've proved interesting on a motorway.;-)

I don't trust SatNavs. They are the work of the devil. Fact.

I don't trust SatNavs. They are the work of the devil. Fact.

PMSL. I thought I was the only person in the world who thought like that. I do an AA Route planner and scribble directions down on the back of an old envelope lol.

Never let me down yet.

I don't know anyone who's sat nav has actually got them to where they were going.

But I think at the time you did the right thing. X

I don't know anyone who's sat nav has actually got them to where they were going.

But I think at the time you did the right thing. X
Mine works fantastically well and I swear by it.I went to Clapham a couple of weeks ago to do some training,ive driven to Hereford and the Highlands all from Hampshire and never been before.I do find that you have to have a bit of common sense with them though,they are not an auto pilot facility,and some are rubbish.

I think I'm just a technophobe. I used to have Google maps on my old phone, but one day we were lost so I switched it on and it told me we were in the middle of a field. LOL

I just like to stick to my old fashioned maps...although I'm going a wee trip tonight so we shall see how good my maps really are!!

I wouldn't feel guilty you didn't stand up you've called her and never picked up. Or call back even.that's not your fault.why do they think we ask for a contact number
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks everyone. It is actually a Tom Tom we have. This is the first address in over 3 years it hasn't found. I think I just got too used to that and didn't bother to check beforehand, will definately do next time!!

Anyway, it all becomes clear now. I have had a voice text on my landline tonight - can't understand half of it, but she is apologising as she was called into work and forgot her phone. So she wasn't even there anyway!! Explains why I couldn't get hold of her lol. I will call her first thing tomorrow and have a chat.

Annoying thing is though, after going there once I have realised that it really isn't near enough for me to go for a haircut. It takes a good 25 mins there and same back..but obviously I can't now say that to her. Bit of a pain, but I took my husbands word for it that it was close enough! LOL.

Thanks again everyone :)

And there's your second mistake; never, ever believe a man when he says he knows where something is!

Hahaha I know. :lol:

I had to do this last week. Like you,phonned her, kept phoning her...no answer. Not a lot you can do chick.If it was me waiting for someone to come I would be waiting by my phone incase they couldnt find me.
xxx

Latest posts

Back