Disposing of monomer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tash

Reaction score
Hello

I just have a brief query - having recently undertaken training with Creative, I am practising l&p at home pretty regularly.

At the end of each session, I am pouring the last bit of unwanted monomer onto absorbent paper towels, bagging them up and tying the bag. However, the council bin outside, is one of those large, plastic bins on wheels.

Is it safe to put this waste in here? If not, what are my options?>

Thank you

tash

Can't see anything wrong in what you're doing. I do the same except its my bin not the councils...x

The amount of waste you are making will not represent a hazard and you are being responsible.

When I ran my salons, I did have the waste picked up by the hazardous waste department as with 3 salons there was a good amount of it. This service does cost a little more but not exorbitant.

I read that to dispose of acetone and nail polish remover it should be poured on to absorvent paper and then left to dry in ventilated area. Would this work for monomer too? I don't know if it is better but i'm sure it won't be very practical.

I have never done this or heard of it and I know for sure that people won't do it!

geeg said:
I have never done this or heard of it and I know for sure that people won't do it!

Yeah, i can hardly imagine a salon taking paper towels outside to dry like they were clothes lol :)

I pour the last bit of monomer on to the paper towel that I was using, and leave it under my lamp for a couple of minutes (long enough to clean up everything else) and it's dry. Then I fold it up, put it in a ziploc and chunk it in the trash. The ziploc doesn't let the smell out as much as a plastic bag with the top tied.

I pour onto the dek towels i ahve been using then seal in nice smelling nappy sacks an put in the rubbish for the rubbish man

i also absorbe and then put in a nappy sac

Thanks everybody for your advice

Again, everyone on the Nail geek has been very helpful :)

Tash

Latest posts

Back