Do we want more 'Nails only' days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we want more 'Nails only' days

• Never...its not what I come here for

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Love the occasional 'Nails only' day.

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • Once a month ...first Monday?

Votes: 34 23.9%
  • Once a week...every Monday?

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Every day should be 'Nails Only' day

Votes: 38 26.8%

• Total voters
I enjoyed "Nails Only Day" heaps but it made me think.

How come in the past few weeks we havent seen all these new and interesting threads and just because we call it "Nails Only Day" all of a sudden, Geeks can think up some wonderful ones?

I dont get it, we should be able to do that on normal days too. Hows about we dont even worry about when or if we have special days, just remember to do what we did today, all the time? Does that make sense cos I just woke up.:rolleyes:

YAWN !!! Why does it really matter? Why not just go to the forum you are interested in? Why make people feel uncomfortable for a day that have something other than nails to discuss?

Lovenails1 does talk some good sense. Trouble is for me anyway that I need inspiration and the buzz and interaction and interest for my motivation to post. In my opinion there has not been much of that lately ... and I don't even look at the chit chat forum from one week to the next!

I don't think anyone has felt uncomfortable or been made to feel uncomfortable, Nailzoo, and there were still plenty of posts in chit chat but to me today the balance was right and the energy was there in the Main Forum and it was fun. It is that motivation and that energy that gets people thinking and generates new topics that generates interest etc etc etc .... and that is why it doesn't happen every day, Lovenails1, because the buzz has to be there to inspire it to happen .... it does for me anyway.

Good day ... I enjoyed it.

I loved yesterday ok I didn't post any comments but I enjoyed reading the threads very much.
I don't yet feel experienced enough to give any advice this is why I love nail days only as it is a great boost for recently qualified or training geeks as there are so many different interesting threads and links.
I did from time to time post in Chit Chat until I started my Journal I feel more comfortable posting in my journal rather than on the forum.

I created the chit chat forum from day 1 because talking only business doesn't build a community and makes the site un-personable. Making friends builds a community. You don't always make friends by talking only about business.

Chit-Chat is as essential to this community as the main forum is and is almost as busy as the main forum.

If you want more Nail only threads... make them. Don't force others into posting what you want to read. Lead by example and let others post as they want to (as long as its in the right forum!). Who cares about the Big Brother threads? I don't read them nor do I complain about them. I read what I think looks like something I want to read that day. For that reason, I chose the 'occasional' option.

Finally, if you want to avoid chit chat threads... ignore the forum or go to the forums page, double click the Chit Chat forum icon and hit new threads. Double clicking the forum icon marks that forum as being read so the results wont appear in the new thread search.

nJoy

Sam, no one was forcing anyone into creating nail only threads we were just trying to encourage the new geeks to see what a really good time you could have in the main forum and overall I think we achieved that. I sincerely hope no one was upset about the nails only day it has always been a way of getting geeks to put their thinking caps on and participate or just learn from the interesting nail related threads and nothing more than that.

well i for one thought it was super, smashing , great!!!! look forward to the next one!!!!

Only problem I have found with a nails only day......was the change to the repping system!!....

Apparently I have repped peeps too much in the last 24 hours and will have to wait a few hours until I can rep again!!....:irked:

But there were so many good posts and threads in the past 24 hours and so many deserved rep!!........:)

Only problem I have found with a nails only day......was the change to the repping system!!....

Apparently I have repped peeps too much in the last 24 hours and will have to wait a few hours until I can rep again!!....:irked:

But there were so many good posts and threads in the past 24 hours and so many deserved rep!!........:)

lol!!!! me too im all repped out, but worth it !!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon once a month on a monday would be good.

Although everyday is a nails only day for me.:)

Whats a Nails only day? Is it where we arent allowed to talk about anything else?? LJ x

Isn't it now ''Salon Geek'' why would anyone not want the beauty therapy questions to be posted on any day .I think that is being a bit clicky and a we were here first attitude.

Isn't it now ''Salon Geek'' why would anyone not want the beauty therapy questions to be posted on any day .I think that is being a bit clicky and a we were here first attitude.
This thread and poll was started before the site changed over to Salon Geek!

This thread and poll was started before the site changed over to Salon Geek!
Yes i just noticed how old it was .Im glad about that i was just getting ready for a fight:)

Yes i just noticed how old it was .Im glad about that i was just getting ready for a fight:)
You know I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I was beginning to think, "hang on nobody told me it was nails only day!"

Felt really left out then!:lol:

Yes, I started this poll on one of our 'Nails only' days before we were 'salongeek'. It was a really great day though and brought so many people on line talking about what brought us here in the first place. I know many geeks get real inspiration from days like these.

But of course, we have moved with the times and I wouldn't dream of counting out other salon related topics now....I enjoy them just as much. Maybe this should now read 'Should we have some 'Salon only' days?'

I personally love days occasionally, like Brave days, that have more focus about them as they seem to get people talking more about what we do, and always give me a real boost in motivation to build up my clientele and business, but each to their own.

Yes, I started this poll on one of our 'Nails only' days before we were 'salongeek'. It was a really great day though and brought so many people on line talking about what brought us here in the first place. I know many geeks get real inspiration from days like these.

But of course, we have moved with the times and I wouldn't dream of counting out other salon related topics now....I enjoy them just as much. Maybe this should now read 'Should we have some 'Salon only' days?'

I personally love days occasionally, like Brave days, that have more focus about them as they seem to get people talking more about what we do, and always give me a real boost in motivation to build up my clientele and business, but each to their own.

I agree that nail only days or the ones where we come out of our comfort zone - cant remember the name are well due but I think that Sandi made a good point that peeps are going to be busy with ExCel and the Easter nail comp to do another nail only thing for the next few weeks.

I am not sure if Salon Only days will work as well on other areas like skin etc, as the photos that we all do of nails make thing alot better as they are more visual! Dont think many peeps will put pictures of their face on after they have done a facial.

my God - I do have the grumps today dont I!!!!!!

think I had better shut up and go and do some more housework!

The brave days are where we post photos...and oh god I agree, no one would want to look at my ugly mug after it had just been blasted with every product under the sun and no make-up!

But I always liked the days where we encourage people to post thought provoking threads re nails and salon treamants as opposed to just upping the post count up with chit chat. Nothing against a bit of chit chat....it just seems to take over sometimes!

I loved this site because it was nails only, now it's not and its a bloody shame this was an awesome website, its still great but back when it was the nail geek i loved it i dont love it so much now its the salon geek.

My honest opinion not ment to offend.

I loved this site because it was nails only, now it's not and its a bloody shame this was an awesome website, its still great but back when it was the nail geek i loved it i dont love it so much now its the salon geek.

My honest opinion not ment to offend.
You don't have to read forums apart from The Nail Geek if you don't want to... :wink2:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/

Latest posts

Back