Do you answer your biz phone while doing a service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you answer your biz phone during client service?

• Always

Votes: 29 15.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 50 26.9%
  • Rarely

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • Never

Votes: 59 31.7%

• Total voters

nailartist

Reaction score
Hi geeks--
Just wondering what your personal opinions and policies are about answering your business phone while performing a service?

I tend to let it go to voicemail, unless it's a client who's been playing phone tag with me, or a family member. What do you do?

I always have my phone on silent so it goes to voicemail, with the exception if I am expecting an important call - a recent example was waiting for the delivery men with my furniture for the new salon. I always explain to my client in advance to make her aware why my phone may ring. I personally think its a bit rude to leave a client to take a phone call unless its urgent, they are paying for a 1-2-1 service. I do check my phone between clients to ensure there is nothing that needs urgent attention.
But as from next week I will have my own receptionist so end of problem for me.

I have a wireless and handsfree earpiece, the phone auto answers, the only time i don't answer the phone is when i am doing a pedicure (i'm usually up to my arms in gawd knows what). Sometimes if i am booked out for 3 days running, i let it go to answering machine. Some people do get annoyed paying for a call only for it to go to voicemail, then it costs me to return the call. It's all money !!!!

I hardly ever answer my phone when I'm with a client ... wouldn't like it myself if the person doing a service on me left all the time :)

I will only ever take a phone call (on my mobile or in the salon) if it is an emergency only.

For example when my mother in law was ill before she passed away last week, but if I am expecting an urgent call I will explain to the client when I start the treatment.

I dont usually but if i dont usually my client will tell me to answer it! :lol:

Not unless I am expecting it

i ticked raerly as unless i know iot is a very important call im waiting for i let it go onto answer machine .. dont like it when a client answers their phone when im working on them so it is only courtesy :) xx

Since I work from home, I have to answer it. But only to take appointments and I always say I'm with a client first. Friends and family know my hours of work and don't ring. My lovely ladies all understand and I always apoligise for stopping. Otherwise it would annoy people that they couldn't get hold of me.

Since I work from home, I have to answer it. But only to take appointments and I always say I'm with a client first. Friends and family know my hours of work and don't ring. My lovely ladies all understand and I always apoligise for stopping. Otherwise it would annoy people that they couldn't get hold of me.

i'm the same. i work on my own, so i dont have anyone to answer my calls. i work quite long hours,if i only took calls when i didnt have a client, it would be very inconvenient.

my clients know i have a business to run, they understand that sometimes my phone may ring. its different if its a business call, thats necessary. it would be rude to take personal calls and chat to your mates whilst you are doing someones nails.

If its my mother-in-law I definately dont answer it!!!Ever!!!! She drives me mad, even if I say im with a client she just goes on and on!!!:mad: I usually have my mobile on silent when working now, unless im expecting a call.:)

I'm mobile so don't unless they're persistent. If its someone other than a client I silence them!!

I'm mobile and as so am either driving or with a customer.

It goes straight to answerphone. I always answer my messages asap. If they don't leave a message I don't call back...

Love Scooby x

i'm the same. i work on my own, so i dont have anyone to answer my calls. i work quite long hours,if i only took calls when i didnt have a client, it would be very inconvenient.

my clients know i have a business to run, they understand that sometimes my phone may ring. its different if its a business call, thats necessary. it would be rude to take personal calls and chat to your mates whilst you are doing someones nails.

Same with me, if I don't answer then I miss a new client opportunity. Most new clients don't like to leave a message, so they phone the next number in the book:smack:

I only answer if it is a local number (then I can guarantee it is work related). Friends and family have to call me in the evening or leave a message.

I have a wireless and handsfree earpiece, the phone auto answers, the only time i don't answer the phone is when i am doing a pedicure (i'm usually up to my arms in gawd knows what). Sometimes if i am booked out for 3 days running, i let it go to answering machine. Some people do get annoyed paying for a call only for it to go to voicemail, then it costs me to return the call. It's all money !!!!

The nail tech who lets me 'observe' once a week does exactly the same. All her clients are regulars and never mind at all. She is always quick and never skips a beat with regards to the service she's performing.
It's an interesting question though... I guess its whatever suits you :green:
*ponders about what I will do when I am all set up*

She also has two other techs working for her, and if the phone call is for them, she just transfers it to the next headset.

It's quite amazing how efficient it is :eek:

I work from home and I always answer my phone, and if I don't my clients will say aren't you gonna get that. I have 2 phones in my business, one is my home line, which I never answer and the other is the business. I get the business one all the time, if it's an emergency then the kids know to call me on that line even though I'm only downstairs...lol.
aj

Ditto. I find that some people are especially older people don't like to leave messages. Sometimes I go all day without a break so I wouldn't get time to ring back until late & then you miss them anyway.
Of course it does depend on what service I'm doing.

Mine is a business phone , so it is only clients calling. I always answer, competition is stiff, lots of people don't care for voice mail, they will just go on to the next number in the phone book! I do have vmail for when I am not in the salon, but I have an extention in my home so I can answer there too.

I do answer sometimes, it very much depends on the client.

Some i know would be horrified if I answered the phone as they are paying me for my time but there are a less stressed few that really don't mind.

Teri x:hug:

I'm mobile and as so am either driving or with a customer.

It goes straight to answerphone. I always answer my messages asap. If they don't leave a message I don't call back...

Love Scooby x

Same with me, my phone is on silent all the time. ive had the odd client thats left a message, which ive rang back as soon as ive left my clients house (i have a heatset i use when driving)

Latest posts

Back