Do you ask your clients to fill out a feedback form?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you offer your client a feedback form to fill out?

• Total voters

Bebeautiful

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I am interested to find out how important is it to you to know what your client felt after their treatment...

so... the question is

do you ask your client to fill out a feedback form?

• Yes all the time
  • sometimes
  • when I remember
  • I don't think it's important
  • I don't have a form for them to fill out
  • Never

I always get my clients to fill out a feedback form, i photocopied one that was used at college. It is important to the therapist to keep feedback forms to be put with their record cards . They help the therapist to remember treatments,contra-indications and contra-actions and any problems that they have encountered, it is valid information to be kept up to date.

I always get my clients to fill out a feedback form, i photocopied one that was used at college. It is important to the therapist to keep feedback forms to be put with their record cards . They help the therapist to remember treatments,contra-indications and contra-actions and any problems that they have encountered, it is valid information to be kept up to date.

I agree with Janey K. How else are you supposed to remember what people have had, like, don't like? Also gives you a good indication on how you as a therapist are doing.

So yes, all the time. xx

I don't use feedback forms, only consultation forms. My clients are very honest and if they don't like something they tell me, we discuss it and go from there, so, for me, no I don't have them and don't intend on using them.

Do you not think that by talking to your clients and discussing their treatments that you will get a clear opinion on whether they liked their treatment or not?

i never do!

If they re book i use this as an indication they were happy with the treatment:green:

if they say 'i'll call to re book'....i worry for a few weeks!

Most do re book...the one offs tell you its a one off.

If i had a big salon with loads of staff i prob would do the feedback thing but as its just MOI i dont think its necessary yet.

ambxx​

I don't use feedback forms, I don't think I need to!
I ask my clients what they liked about the treatment, if you are observant enough if there is something that they're not liking much then you can usually tell by their facial expression, body language etc. If this happens then I ask!

And if they keep on rebooking which luckily the majority seem to be, then thats a good indication that they like what I do.:lol:

My thoughts are this. Lets not confuse client feedback forms with consultation forms. The two are very different!

Personally I think that every salon (even just the one person salon) should regularly test their customer satisfaction. (I know most of you would say that your clients are totally satisfied. Or else why do they re-book.) BUT do it like this:

Give them a questionnaire that asks two simple questions:

1. Name 5 things they love about your salon
2. Name 5 things they would change in your salon

Give these questionnaires to, say, 10 of your best clients (And reward them for their views) You've now got 10 X 5 = 50 answers. Put each answer into a word processor as a paragraph. Print them out and cut them into strips. One answer per strip.

Clear a big space and start to group them. You'll be amazed at what you find out!

My thoughts are this. Lets not confuse client feedback forms with consultation forms. The two are very different!

Personally I think that every salon (even just the one person salon) should regularly test their customer satisfaction. (I know most of you would say that your clients are totally satisfied. Or else why do they re-book.) BUT do it like this:

Give them a questionnaire that asks two simple questions:

1. Name 5 things they love about your salon
2. Name 5 things they would change in your salon

Give these questionnaires to, say, 10 of your best clients (And reward them for their views) You've now got 10 X 5 = 50 answers. Put each answer into a word processor as a paragraph. Print them out and cut them into strips. One answer per strip.

Clear a big space and start to group them. You'll be amazed at what you find out!

good point martin...i just have a little comment box at the bottom of feedback forms...the consultation is more important to me.

I do a feedback form every 6 months, asking what new treatments people would like to see, are they always pleased with service, even do they feel that me and the salon is always presented well! I have found them to be invaluable when looking at new courses to do, and they have saved me making more costly mistakes introducing treatments that no-one is interested in, lol! I think it helps to "know your clients" and what they want.

I think it's very important to know how your clients are feeling after their treatments.

We have a comments book which we get clients to fill in. I'm in the process of updating my website with a comments/testimonial page. I will put some of these on the site for potential clients to read.

I also send out a survey form every so often just to get some anonymous feedback. Some comments are quite surprising.

I think Martin's post is pretty good & may try that next time.

i never do!

If they re book i use this as an indication they were happy with the treatment:green:

if they say 'i'll call to re book'....i worry for a few weeks!

Most do re book...the one offs tell you its a one off.

If i had a big salon with loads of staff i prob would do the feedback thing but as its just MOI i dont think its necessary yet.

ambxx​

just the same for me too...:)

I think feedback is the most important as you want to know what your clients think about your service!

However you want a really honest answer so you know where you stand and/or what you should change if you want to.........I am just wondering if clients fill in the feedback form really really honestly if you are standing next to them?

I agree with the comments above that you get the feedback from your clients if they keep coming back and more so if they recommend you - then you really know what a compliment this is and that you are doing things right!!!!

You will also find clients that you get on with and who will be honest about your service and treatments and what they think.....which will probably give you a more detailed and honest feedback than any form?

Thank you all for your replies, I think that the concenses here is that it is a good idea to get feedback from your clients and I would be inclined to believe that their comments are genuine because they are repeat customers. I always offer my clients a glass of water especially if they have had a full body massage or an Indian head massage and that is when I ask them if they can fill in the feedback form. This way, I am not waiting next to them whilst they fill in the feedback sheet. :)

I don't use feedback forms, only consultation forms. My clients are very honest and if they don't like something they tell me, we discuss it and go from there, so, for me, no I don't have them and don't intend on using them.

Do you not think that by talking to your clients and discussing their treatments that you will get a clear opinion on whether they liked their treatment or not?

I think that talking with your client may and I emphasise may put them in a difficult position because they may feel that the treatment was different this time from the last time and perhaps they want to leave straight after the treatment without saying anything. However, if you /the client have the time to sit and discuss the treatments then thats all good but in my experience my clients are happy to spend a few minutes filling in a feedback form.

Latest posts

Back